Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MarinaFuerstenfeld6f00e009 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 4:21:16 AM(UTC)
MarinaFuerstenfeld6f00e009

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

I'm still figuring out how to use my Cricut Expression 2. So far, it seems to cut just fine, but I can't get the paper off the mat because it is just too sticky. Even when I use a knife or palette knife, the underside of the paper sticks to the mat, so the designs, especially the more detailed ones, are usually ripped, or the paper "curls".
Whast do you guys do to get the paper off the mat?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 6:28:08 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 879 time(s) in 417 post(s)
The best thing to do for a new mat is to condition it before using. You can either take a clean cotton dish cloth or tshirt and lay over the mat and peal off a couple of times. Another way is to take the palm of your hands and pat all over the mat. This will take away some of the excessive tacky and make your papers easier to remove.

I would suggest if you are cutting cardstock that you do the this process less and for thinner paper, do it more. Just don't over do it.

Another comment concerning mats. - There is a generation of mats that were out on the market that were bad - not sticky at all. Be sure that when you go to purchase new mats that they have CRICUT printed across the center of the cutting surface. If they do not have this, they are likely old inventory of the bad mats.

To revive my mats when they are not sticky enough I take them for a bath - use warm water, dish soap and a gentle scrub brush to remove the lint build up, let dry and they will be good to go for a while longer. There are other ways to restick your mats but you may not want to do this until your machine is out of warranty. (wash process and then cover with zig 2-way glue to retacky)

Hope this helps. I know the frustration, I ripped papers to pieces when I got my machine 6 years ago trying to peel from my mats.
MarinaFuerstenfeld6f00e009 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 6:41:39 AM(UTC)
MarinaFuerstenfeld6f00e009

Thanks for the ideas, I'll go ahead and try using a cotton cloth. I hope it works, because it does really get frustrating.