Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sewnmachine Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 6:02:46 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 230 post(s)
Ok,

My old laptop has died. So, I'm wanting to get a tablet to replace it. An Android tablet. I have an android phone, and a Kindle Fire - both android operating systems.

For starters, I can not even sign in to the forum here from my Kindle. I can not even get into the online CCR via either android device. I'm typing this from our old behemoth windows XP desktop.

I have installed CCR on this old desktop, but needless to say I'm not going to lug my machines to our computer room just to cut out stuff.

What is the problem with Provo Craft and android????? Android is everywhere. And I refuse to buy a new windows laptop or tablet just to accomodate Provo Craft.

I know it's too much to expect a Cricut person to respond to this, but has anybody heard any info that PC might or could support an Android OS?
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/2/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 1:40:09 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7971 time(s) in 4652 post(s)
I always said I would never haul my machines to my computer.....but, I did! AND, I love that I did that.

Our computer, (WINDOWS 7; 64-Bit) however, is in our rec room (lower level of tri-level home). The computer is in the most far square area of the room. I can see our TV when DH is watching (I'm basically just getting snatches here and there of what's on) behind me over my right shoulder in the other part of the room which is deeper. There is a half wall to that section behind my computer desk. I found a 4' tall shelving unit (heavy) for $20...wood-looking pressed board, but it looks very nice and is in good condition. My MINI sits on the top of it....fits perfectly to the right of our computer desk. All my Scrapbook papers are under it. The bottom shelf holds most of my cartridges in a bin I bought from Walmart that is probably 15X15X15! DH's chair and side table are angled out from this shelving unit (about four feet) to view the TV, into the deeper part of the room. I have another rocking chair to the other side of the table, closer to me on the computer...directly in front of the shelving (five feet out). I can swivel that rocking chair to look for cartridges/papers and use the MINI. Then, when I turn it around, it faces the TV. The shelving unit is not that noticeable when we have company and I always keep it very neat...after working on cards.

I truly do LOVE CCR.

We have a storage room behind this computer's wall.....and, I have my old WINDOWS XP on a long dresser that is placed parallel to the doorway as I walk in. It holds most of my embellishments/supplies and I use my Expression on that old XP.

I always said I would get rid of my XP; but, after I thought about it.....I would never get any money out of it and I thought it would be more helpful to have my two CRICUTS hooked up at the same time. I really love my layout.

Never say NEVER! Maybe there is a way you can keep a dignified look by hauling your CRICUT over to your computer. Of course, we all have different layouts and it's not always possible.

BUT, I SAID I WOULD NEVER MOVE MY MACHINES OVER TO MY COMPUTER. I used to have my Expression in an upstairs extra bedroom on top of our DS's dresser (our kids' bedrooms have remained bedrooms because they all live away and visit from time-to-time). I would always have to REDO my craftroom supplies when they were coming home.....because I wanted them to feel at home and not like they were in a craftroom. So, I went up and down, up and down over the past five years hauling my crafting stuff from bedroom to storage room!! LOL. No more. I don't hardly take anything up to the bedroom anymore; life is so much more simple.

Good luck with whatever you do!

Char