Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

glk3c58a1e86 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 3:31:52 PM(UTC)
glk3c58a1e86

Groups: Registered

Where do you get the cord to link the Expression machine to the computer to link cartridges and cut? It doesn't look like CCR is available for Expression, just for Expression 2, right?
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 4:27:26 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
The original EXPRESSION works great in CCR.....probably better than the Expression 2.

I was unable to use my printer cable (but, others have used theirs successfully). I had to wait for ProvoCraft to send me the correct cable for my Expression. It worked great and I've been using it for five years with no problems.

When I bought my MINI, a cord came with it. However, I bought my Expression in 2008 and no cord came with it. I believe they make sure to include a USB cable in all Expressions sold now.

Is yours new? Do you have an extra cord that came with it? That's probably the one you need.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 4:31:40 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
When you download CCR to your computer (the PC Version), be sure you wait after it downloads and it says it's finished for ADOBE AIR to install on your computer.

After those both install, plug in your Expression to your hard drive (be sure you're matching up the USB cord to a port in your hard drive on your computer...the back ports put out better signals than ports on the front of your hard drive).

Turn on your machine....and wait for your computer to recognize you've added new hardware. After you get that screen, go ahead and turn on your CRICUT.

Pull up CCR.....you use the same User Name and Password you use to come to these MB forums (unless you've changed it at some point....which it's better if you don't) and go up to the HELP menu at the top and INSTALL DRIVERS for your particular machine.

Good luck.

Let us know if it goes good for you or if you need any help. Someone will come along and help. OR, call PC. That's usually the quickest way to get your answers to your questions on installation.

Char