Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

grammasue Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:52:09 AM(UTC)
grammasue

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,017
Location: Oregon

Thanks: 239 times
Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
In updating my spreadsheet that lists all the scrapbook pages that I have done in date order, I found I have made 4069 scrapbook pages since I started in 1999.Love Love It's been about 9 months since I updated my spreadsheet so I was shocked to learn I had gone over 4000. I've been telling people that I had done over 3000LOL

I also bit the dust and purchased the turquoise Expression 2 machine from Michaels this week in order to have a back up should mine die. For me I tried to weigh in whether the 3rd new CEO of Provo Craft meant that were in trouble in keeping the company up and running or if it meant there maybe new more innovative machines coming out. To be on the safe side, I got a back-up machine now as I have over 200 carts which is a substantial investment. I haven't taken it out of the box yet but I am assuming that I need to sync it before using it.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:54:56 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/18/2009(UTC)
Posts: 5,401
United States
Location: The Desert side of Oregon

Thanks: 362 times
Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! WOW!!!!! That is a LOT of scrapbook pages!!!!!! Whew.ThumpUp
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/6/2013(UTC)
jojoy Online
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:58:29 AM(UTC)
jojoy

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 4/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 7,328
United States
Location: Midwest

Thanks: 11885 times
Was thanked: 11693 time(s) in 3754 post(s)
WOW!!!! Congrats on your milestone! I could only image.
 1 user thanked jojoy for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/6/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:28:11 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/3/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,488
United States

Thanks: 1238 times
Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
That is wonderful!
And WOW!!

On your spreadsheet do you list materials used, picture info, date completed, ? info...?
Just curious because this sounds like a great idea.


I have an E, a back-up E and my original baby plus about 300 cartridges (need to update my list for an accurate count).

I hope the company is around for a long, long time.
I love crafting with my Cricut (and Cuttlebug) stuff.

D-
 1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/6/2013(UTC)
grammasue Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:57:07 AM(UTC)
grammasue

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,017
Location: Oregon

Thanks: 239 times
Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dragonfly50 Go to Quoted Post
That is wonderful!
And WOW!!

On your spreadsheet do you list materials used, picture info, date completed, ? info...?
Just curious because this sounds like a great idea.


I have an E, a back-up E and my original baby plus about 300 cartridges (need to update my list for an accurate count).

I hope the company is around for a long, long time.
I love crafting with my Cricut (and Cuttlebug) stuff.

D-


My spreadsheet is basically a list by date of all photos taken and the occasion/event. Since I am making duplicate pages for certain family members, I list who I have made a page for, for each set of photos. I also have kept a daily diary for many years which I use to prepare my narratives. A little side story where this came in handy: Last week I was scrapping my grandkids Santa pictures back in 1993 when the kids were 2 and 3. The pictures had the younger one sitting on Santas lap screaming her head off and I was holding the older one who had his hand out. Well my diary explained the the older one was saying "Santa Go Bye Bye" as he was pointing to the door. Consequently my title for the page was "Santa Go Bye Bye"!LOL

I also record the Titles I have used on the completed pages which reminds me what titles I have used on other scrapbook pages so that I don't duplicate them. In addition I record medical issues such as measles, chickenpox, hopitalizations, etc so the family has a medical record to refer to.

The highlighted entries are the ones that I have completed. As you will see from the copy of a page, I have not scrapbooked in date order. I tend to jump around as I get inspired to scrap a certain event.
grammasue attached the following image(s):
Scrapbook Inventory.JPG
GrammyCris Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 11:15:45 AM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/1/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,893
Location: West Jordan Utah

Thanks: 49 times
Was thanked: 1143 time(s) in 532 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grammasue Go to Quoted Post
My spreadsheet is basically a list by date of all photos taken and the occasion/event. Since I am making duplicate pages for certain family members, I list who I have made a page for, for each set of photos. I also have kept a daily diary for many years which I use to prepare my narratives. A little side story where this came in handy: Last week I was scrapping my grandkids Santa pictures back in 1993 when the kids were 2 and 3. The pictures had the younger one sitting on Santas lap screaming her head off and I was holding the older one who had his hand out. Well my diary explained the the older one was saying "Santa Go Bye Bye" as he was pointing to the door. Consequently my title for the page was "Santa Go Bye Bye"!LOL

I also record the Titles I have used on the completed pages which reminds me what titles I have used on other scrapbook pages so that I don't duplicate them. In addition I record medical issues such as measles, chickenpox, hopitalizations, etc so the family has a medical record to refer to.

The highlighted entries are the ones that I have completed. As you will see from the copy of a page, I have not scrapbooked in date order. I tend to jump around as I get inspired to scrap a certain event.


Gramma Sue, I bow at your feet! You are my hero! Over 4000 pages and all documented and listed....holy cow! Congratulations, and again..."WOW"!!!
 1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/6/2013(UTC)
♥Carol♥ Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:03:15 PM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/7/2008(UTC)
Posts: 9,319
Location: Disney World Country

Thanks: 427 times
Was thanked: 2764 time(s) in 2201 post(s)
OH OH OH! OhMyGod That is indeed a milestone of grand proportions! Over 4,000 pages is amazing! Way to go grammasue!
ThumpUp
 1 user thanked ♥Carol♥ for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/7/2013(UTC)
gcmcevoy Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:52:16 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 3,291
United States
Location: New Jersey

Thanks: 532 times
Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
Holy Cow! OhMyGod OhMyGod That is fantastic!!Woot Woot I love the idea that you have a record of what pictures were used for what layouts.
 1 user thanked gcmcevoy for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/7/2013(UTC)
ssharp11d5c1f11b Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:35:14 PM(UTC)
ssharp11d5c1f11b

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/24/2007(UTC)
Posts: 952
United States

Thanks: 2259 times
Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 443 post(s)
congratulations! I am truly impressed by your organizational methods too. I have a long way to go, but am "enjoying the journey".
 1 user thanked ssharp11d5c1f11b for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/7/2013(UTC)
SouthernGypsy Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:09:04 PM(UTC)
SouthernGypsy

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 2,645
United States
Location: South Florida/N.C.

Thanks: 5136 times
Was thanked: 2705 time(s) in 1108 post(s)
Congrats! Now that is quite an accomplishment! I have no where near that many completed since 1996 when I got started. (Hanging my head and realizing that I need to work on this)
So proud of you.. Great job grammasue!

Patty
 1 user thanked SouthernGypsy for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/7/2013(UTC)
troymimi75dc940a6f Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:16:05 PM(UTC)
troymimi75dc940a6f

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/15/2011(UTC)
Posts: 62

Thanks: 33 times
Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
WOW!!!! Way to go.
 1 user thanked troymimi75dc940a6f for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/7/2013(UTC)
Olivia'sNana Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:36:14 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/22/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,102
Location: rural Oklahoma

Thanks: 52 times
Was thanked: 878 time(s) in 416 post(s)
wow. Grammasue, how many years back do they go? Sounds like you have your own family research library. That is amazing. I would not even begin to guess how many hours of work you have put in. What kind of value can someown put on a collection like that when they are priceless. Can they be insured?

I thought I had accomplished a lot. Over the past 5 years I have gotten 26 albums completed spanning my 32 years of marriage. I would estimate on average 20-24 pages per album. That puts me way behind you. Now I want to start tackling some of my parents old photo collection making heritage albums.
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/7/2013(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:01:32 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,264

Thanks: 1033 times
Was thanked: 1802 time(s) in 857 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grammasue Go to Quoted Post
For me I tried to weigh in whether the 3rd new CEO of Provo Craft meant that were in trouble in keeping the company up and running or if it meant there maybe new more innovative machines coming out. To be on the safe side, I got a back-up machine now as I have over 200 carts which is a substantial investment. I haven't taken it out of the box yet but I am assuming that I need to sync it before using it.


Is there another CEO?? A new one?? Last one I heard about was onboard a year ago..........

scrapalette Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:22:08 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 7/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23,607
United States
Location: FB: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 8491 times
Was thanked: 18931 time(s) in 8447 post(s)
PC CEOs {that I know of} ~ Robert Workman, Jim Thornton, Ashish Arora
MissAnn Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:00:38 AM(UTC)
MissAnn

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/30/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,174
United States
Location: Cloverdale, VA

Thanks: 572 times
Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 302 post(s)
How do you catalog the pages? And boy oh boy do you have a lot! Great job!
 1 user thanked MissAnn for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/7/2013(UTC)
grammasue Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:23:57 AM(UTC)
grammasue

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,017
Location: Oregon

Thanks: 239 times
Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Olivia'sNana Go to Quoted Post
wow. Grammasue, how many years back do they go? Sounds like you have your own family research library. That is amazing. I would not even begin to guess how many hours of work you have put in. What kind of value can someown put on a collection like that when they are priceless. Can they be insured?

I thought I had accomplished a lot. Over the past 5 years I have gotten 26 albums completed spanning my 32 years of marriage. I would estimate on average 20-24 pages per album. That puts me way behind you. Now I want to start tackling some of my parents old photo collection making heritage albums.


I started scrapbooking with the Heritage albums with genealogy charts dating back to 1667. At that time I was big into genealogy. That album probably has 75 scrapbook pages. I then went on to scrapbooking my daughters life. About this time I purchased a huge scanner so that I could scan and print duplicates instead of doing 4 originals for all the kids albums. Well I decided that the copies just weren't the same nor was the print quality all that great, so I gave up on copying pages and made everyone an original. My total pages scrapped include 362 copied pages.

Most of my time is spent designing a page for the pictures and picking out background papers, embellishments and matting color cardstock. I am over the top when it comes to matching everything. I am also in love with Jolee's embellishments which I still use today in lieu of my cricut cuts. A few years ago I attempted to estimate time and cost per page which came to an average of 12 hours per page at a cost of $8.00 per page. Using these estimates I am at 48,744 hours and value at $32,496.00. Hours and cost includes scanning, sizing and printing original pictures, printer photo paper and ink for printing pictures and then cardstock, adhesive, embellishments, etc for making a page. These costs DO NOT include my investment of Cricut or Sizzix products.

As for insurance, I also have a computer inventory file of most everything in the house which qualified me for a reduction in my household insurance rate. And yes my insurance covers all photos, albums, etc. Am not sure how I would come out in them accepting my estimations in cost in determining value of the scrapbook albums.

I've told my grandkids that when I die, DO NOT SELL the bookcases as I had them made with 14-16 inch depth shelves to accommodate the 12x12 albums. The problem these kids will have in their young adult life is finding housing to accommodate their photo albums.LOL LOL LOL

Edited by user Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:44:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shelly Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:43:46 AM(UTC)
Shelly

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 844
United States
Location: Sandy, UT

Thanks: 275 times
Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 266 post(s)
WOW!!! What an accomplishment, and you have actually catacorized it! Amazing. Would you like to come work on mine? PLEASE!
Leanner Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:24:20 AM(UTC)
Leanner

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 1/5/2009(UTC)
Posts: 3,459

Thanks: 1040 times
Was thanked: 1525 time(s) in 1126 post(s)
Wow! I am impressed. I wonder if I could accomplish that if I gave up this housework stuff?Flapper
CricketCMV Online
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:50:50 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,732
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 18150 times
Was thanked: 8000 time(s) in 4676 post(s)
I want to come back and read this whole post....later on today!

Just wanted to say to GrammaSue.........THAT'S A WHOLE LOT OF SCRAPBOOKING!!!

Can't wait to read the rest of these posts.....but, I have to run.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/7/2013(UTC)
scrapsbygracie Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:37:27 PM(UTC)
scrapsbygracie

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/26/2009(UTC)
Posts: 282
Location: Findlay, Ohio

Thanks: 33 times
Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Way to go GrammaSue! I'm very impressed with your organization and tracking of what you've done!
keep up the good work.
 1 user thanked scrapsbygracie for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/7/2013(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:22:27 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,076

Thanks: 1183 times
Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grammasue Go to Quoted Post
I started scrapbooking with the Heritage albums with genealogy charts dating back to 1667. At that time I was big into genealogy. That album probably has 75 scrapbook pages. I then went on to scrapbooking my daughters life. About this time I purchased a huge scanner so that I could scan and print duplicates instead of doing 4 originals for all the kids albums. Well I decided that the copies just weren't the same nor was the print quality all that great, so I gave up on copying pages and made everyone an original. My total pages scrapped include 362 copied pages.

.LOL LOL LOL


I'm so impressed. If you have some pics to post, I would love to see your heritage albums. What a great idea for a family keepsake....not to mention all your other pages.

Mary

grammasue Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:29:35 PM(UTC)
grammasue

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,017
Location: Oregon

Thanks: 239 times
Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MaryStillman Go to Quoted Post
I'm so impressed. If you have some pics to post, I would love to see your heritage albums. What a great idea for a family keepsake....not to mention all your other pages.

Mary



A month or so ago, I added a page to the Heritage albums which I posted here on the message board but will repost for you. As for the majority of pages in that album, I hang my head on the quality of the work. Back in 1999 about all that was available to us for embellishments was stickers. In addition I just didn't have the creativity that I have acquired from other scrappers, etc. If I ever get completing caught up in scrapping more current pictures, I have told myself I will redo the Heritage pages. If you PM me your email, I will make every attempt to send you info about my book and more pictures. I am just too embarrassed to post them, they are so bad.
grammasue attached the following image(s):
ROARING 20'S LAYOUT.JPG
GypsyD Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:07:48 PM(UTC)
GypsyD

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/9/2007(UTC)
Posts: 3,003

Thanks: 268 times
Was thanked: 1210 time(s) in 825 post(s)
All I can say is, "Wow, do you ever rock!!!" Holy cow, girlfriend! That is awesome!
 1 user thanked GypsyD for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/7/2013(UTC)
ScrapyPiggy Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:19:55 PM(UTC)
ScrapyPiggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/18/2008(UTC)
Posts: 620
Location: Kansas, MQ pg 15 #428

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 200 time(s) in 177 post(s)
Grammasue,

Please don't be embarrassed by any older scrapbooks it tells the story of how this hobby has changed.

Kind of like the way photography has changed over the years. From black and white to Polaroid to high pixel digital.

Sometimes it is very cool to look at the older books and think back on how different the times were during the different eras.

Enjoy all your accomplishments what a wonderful milestone and legacy your are leaving for your children and family to come.ThumpUp
 1 user thanked ScrapyPiggy for this useful post.
grammasue on 2/7/2013(UTC)
grammasue Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 3:21:26 AM(UTC)
grammasue

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,017
Location: Oregon

Thanks: 239 times
Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrapyPiggy Go to Quoted Post
Grammasue,

Please don't be embarrassed by any older scrapbooks it tells the story of how this hobby has changed.

Kind of like the way photography has changed over the years. From black and white to Polaroid to high pixel digital.

Sometimes it is very cool to look at the older books and think back on how different the times were during the different eras.

Enjoy all your accomplishments what a wonderful milestone and legacy your are leaving for your children and family to come.ThumpUp


Many thanks for your inspirational comments. You have just inspired me to do a scrapbook page on the evolution of the scrapbooking. The page(s) might include pictures of a page from my mothers old scrapbook in the 1915's, one of my scrapbooks in the 1950's, advertisements from old scrapbook magazines back in the 1990's and then in 2012. Having the history in their albums might be of some interest to them as the years go by. When I retired in 1999, I scrapped my work history which included my first pay stub, actual IBM keypunch cards (as I was a keypunch operator) up through all the jobs I held up to retirement. I included an article on the changes of the computer world and pictures of my first Mac computer, etc. My mothers scrapbook was an album of black pages where she cut up many pictures pasting just the heads of her friends, etc. My old HS scrapbooks were Hallmark albums with beige pages that we pasted pictures, memorabilia that included napkins from events, etc.

My scrapbooking inspiration currently has kept me going by my family (mostly the grandkids who are 21 and 22 now). They love, love seeing the pages I come up with and the stories. My grandson to this day shares with his college buddies, pages I have done of their college antics, etc. The granddaughter takes pictures of she and her brother when they were little with her cell phone and posts them on Facebook. I was hoping she would take an interest in actual scrapbooking to carry on the legends but that doesn't appear to be the case. Another reason for me to keep going to use up my stock of supplies.LOL You are so right in that their albums will no doubt all be digital.

Again thanks. I feel a whole lot better about the very first pages that I have done. You have given me an excuse not to go back and redo themLove

Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 2.148 seconds.
nebo-cricut-03