Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

belindaprosser Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:31:32 PM(UTC)
belindaprosser

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
can any one help me i have about 5 unstick mats i hate to keep buying them so what can i use to make tham stickie again and stay stickie i us a few thing but thay dry up in 5 min or thay make my paper dry to it the mat can some one help me thank u
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:46:50 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: belindaprosser Go to Quoted Post
can any one help me i have about 5 unstick mats i hate to keep buying them so what can i use to make tham stickie again and stay stickie i us a few thing but thay dry up in 5 min or thay make my paper dry to it the mat can some one help me thank u

Belinda - Is your machine under warranty? If it is, you don't want to alter your mats; PC may not honor the warranty should you have any problems with your machine.

Be sure you are using the cellophane/plastic piece that comes on your mats to cover your mats when you're not using them. I have my first mat I ever bought in 2008. I used it for a few years (and, to my way of thinking, I used it pretty often) before I had to buy a new one.

I used blue painter's tape (you might be able to use masking tape 1/2") to hold your papers on the mat for about six months before I did anything to my mats.

Let us know, first, if your machine is still under warranty. If it's not, maybe someone will share their information on how they resticky them.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
belindaprosser on 2/15/2013(UTC)
GypsyD Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:04:39 PM(UTC)
GypsyD

Was thanked: 1215 time(s) in 829 post(s)
For the first while I scrub them well with warm, soapy water and let dry. This will make them stick again. When that no longer works on, I will wash, dry and then use spray adhesive. Others use those big Zig glue sticks. I can't get those. I have never had a problem with my machine. My E just keeps purring along! There are lots of ways to make them work again that others may also share with you. Good luck to you!
 1 user thanked GypsyD for this useful post.
Friend958 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:09:19 PM(UTC)
Friend958

Was thanked: 262 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Make sure when you buy you get the newest mats that have cricut written across the middle. The mats before these did not work well and had to be activated, some have been able to call customer service and get them replaced.
 1 user thanked Friend958 for this useful post.
MissAnn Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 6:13:01 AM(UTC)
MissAnn

United States

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 302 post(s)
I keep a box of baby wipes in mt scrapbook room and use them to clean off my mats. They clean them pretty good! I also try to keep 2. Packs of mats on hand when I see them on sale. That's not too often, but I never buy them full price.
 1 user thanked MissAnn for this useful post.
RobinPineo1 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 9:40:27 AM(UTC)
RobinPineo1

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Yo can search youtube and there are videos of how to restick your mats. I lean mine with dish soap, let dry and then cover with the blue zig two way glue. Lets this sit for a while until taky and then cover with the sheet.
 1 user thanked RobinPineo1 for this useful post.
belindaprosser Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 3:20:36 PM(UTC)
belindaprosser

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Belinda - Is your machine under warranty? If it is, you don't want to alter your mats; PC may not honor the warranty should you have any problems with your machine.

Be sure you are using the cellophane/plastic piece that comes on your mats to cover your mats when you're not using them. I have my first mat I ever bought in 2008. I used it for a few years (and, to my way of thinking, I used it pretty often) before I had to buy a new one.

I used blue painter's tape (you might be able to use masking tape 1/2") to hold your papers on the mat for about six months before I did anything to my mats.

Let us know, first, if your machine is still under warranty. If it's not, maybe someone will share their information on how they resticky them.

Char

hi no i dont have any warranty on it it is 4 to 5 years old all my mats are dry up
 1 user thanked belindaprosser for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/15/2013(UTC)
LisaGoodwin1 Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 8:21:55 PM(UTC)
LisaGoodwin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I learned at a scrapbook expo to use 3L repositional adhesive. It's a green container and its a dot roller. You roll it on all the grid lines both horizontal and vertical....then play patty cake with your hands to make it less sticky... If you don't play patty cake with the mat then your paper may curl or tear when removing it....so I clean my mat with dawn dish soap scape it and let air dry.. Then adhere adhesive.... I have now problems.... I also rotate between 4-6 mats at a time....