Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Rhonda Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:04:32 AM(UTC)
Rhonda

Groups: Registered

Hi, I have heard both good and bad things from reading the forms about using a Gypsy. I have been playing with mine this morning for the first time and I really am not sure where to link my cartridges, gypsy and the CCR. Is there an order I should use for this is there a preferred method of use?
I feel as though I have used my Cricut for years and underutilized it by not using the Craft Room or a Gypsy now I am overwhelmed! Where do I begin!?!
Rhonda
troymimi75dc940a6f Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 8:32:56 AM(UTC)
troymimi75dc940a6f

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I don't have a gypsy so I am not positive on this but I think if you link them to the gypsy you can't link them to CCR. I do believe that if you link them to CCR you can then link them to your gypsy. You may want to check on this. If it was me, I would link to CCR first in case something happens to the gypsy and then you are kind of stuck because I don't think they make the gypsy anymore.

I have just recently started using CCR (had design studio before) and I am really liking it so far. I like that the cartridges I have linked are always there for me and I don't have to keep putting in cartridges all of the time. It also helps me tell just exactly how big something is going to be when I cut it by showing me on the mat on the computer. I don't adapt to change but have really enjoyed using CCR.

Hope this helps.

Michelle
CricutGena Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:18:01 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rhonda Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I have heard both good and bad things from reading the forms about using a Gypsy. I have been playing with mine this morning for the first time and I really am not sure where to link my cartridges, gypsy and the CCR. Is there an order I should use for this is there a preferred method of use?
I feel as though I have used my Cricut for years and underutilized it by not using the Craft Room or a Gypsy now I am overwhelmed! Where do I begin!?!
Rhonda

Hello Rhonda! The first thing that you will need to do is update your Gypsy through Cricut Sync. You will be required to register it as part of the update process.

Once you have updated the Gypsy you will want to link cartridge. If you plan to use Cricut Craft Room you will need to link all cartridge to your Craft Room account first. When you have linked the cartridges you will need to Sync the Gypsy again through Cricut Sync. You will see a little box pop up that says "Your digital content has been updated". This will tell you that the digital rights to the cartridges in your Craft Room account have moved over to the Gypsy.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions!

-Cricut Gena