Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jess F Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:01:03 PM(UTC)
Jess F

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all, hoping someone might be able to tell me if they're having similar problems and/or if they have any possible solutions. I have a Mac and an E2. From the start CCR has been VERY buggy. Sometimes it won't go past the initializing screen, sometimes it won't "find" my device, sometimes it gets stuck on the checking mat screen, sometimes it just freezes while I'm designing, and sometimes it freezes while it's cutting. I would say, on average, it works less than 10% of the time. And as I really dislike trying to design on the actual E2 screen, not having access to CCR is really frustrating. I've just spent three hours shutting down my computer, restarting my computer, turning off the E2 and restarting, unplugging and replugging cords just to cut 8 "Happy Birthday"s from a cartridge I bought online and therefore, can only use with CCR.

I'm running the most recent Mac updates and I just used Cricut Sync (that took another hour of restarts before I could get that working). Nothing else seems to be having any problems running on my computer so the only thing I can think of is that it's CCR or the E2. I love the concept of both machines but I'm really unhappy with the bugs they both seem to have. I will be calling CS on Monday but was hoping for some forum suggestions as I was planning on spending most of tomorrow crafting. Mad
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:06:32 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
With everything you've been trying, have you gone up to TOOLS to DELETE BROWSING HISTORY and then turned off or restarted your computer?

Also, unplug the USB cord from your computer/hard drive before you reboot your computer. Then, after it starts back up, go ahead and plug the USB cord back in and turn on your E2.

There are known problems, I believe, with E2 and MAC....but, it sounds like you get it working from time to time.

Maybe you have to REBOOT your computer every time you come back to work in CCR. The reason I'm saying this....especially if you leave it on for days at a time (I do; rarely restart it). Sometimes other updates work with our other programs (like CCR) and if we don't keep up on all the updates and/or the REBOOTS that are required with some of them, everything doesn't catch up with each other to all work good together.

I know that was lengthy....but, it's the only thing I can think of to help you before you talk to PC on Monday.

Good luck.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Jess F on 2/9/2013(UTC)
Jess F Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:33:47 PM(UTC)
Jess F

Char, thanks for your post. I have tried clearing browser history and cookies. I had been browsing Cricut forums and message boards all over the internet trying (unsuccessfully) to find a solution. It just doesn't seem like it should be so hard to use this software. If it worked perfectly it'd be a dream…I really want to it work...
 1 user thanked Jess F for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/10/2013(UTC)
wildgoose593422a2da Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 9:42:52 PM(UTC)
wildgoose593422a2da

Hi,
I am new to using the Cricut. I have also been encountering the same issue of the CCR Bridge. exe stopped working mid way though a cut. What a headache it's been. I am working of a PC and still have the same issue as the Mac has.
Very frustrating indeed
 1 user thanked wildgoose593422a2da for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/10/2013(UTC)
CricutGena Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:39:36 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 999 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jess F Go to Quoted Post
Hi all, hoping someone might be able to tell me if they're having similar problems and/or if they have any possible solutions. I have a Mac and an E2. From the start CCR has been VERY buggy. Sometimes it won't go past the initializing screen, sometimes it won't "find" my device, sometimes it gets stuck on the checking mat screen, sometimes it just freezes while I'm designing, and sometimes it freezes while it's cutting. I would say, on average, it works less than 10% of the time. And as I really dislike trying to design on the actual E2 screen, not having access to CCR is really frustrating. I've just spent three hours shutting down my computer, restarting my computer, turning off the E2 and restarting, unplugging and replugging cords just to cut 8 "Happy Birthday"s from a cartridge I bought online and therefore, can only use with CCR.

I'm running the most recent Mac updates and I just used Cricut Sync (that took another hour of restarts before I could get that working). Nothing else seems to be having any problems running on my computer so the only thing I can think of is that it's CCR or the E2. I love the concept of both machines but I'm really unhappy with the bugs they both seem to have. I will be calling CS on Monday but was hoping for some forum suggestions as I was planning on spending most of tomorrow crafting. Mad

Hello Jess-
Please make sure that you have properly installed Adobe Air on your mac. This is an essential program when using Cricut Craft Room. If this does not clear up the issues you are having please review the minimum requirement needed to use Craft Room and please call customer service at 877-7cricut. We would love to assist you!

-Cricut Gena
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:41:55 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 999 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wildgoose593422a2da Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I am new to using the Cricut. I have also been encountering the same issue of the CCR Bridge. exe stopped working mid way though a cut. What a headache it's been. I am working of a PC and still have the same issue as the Mac has.
Very frustrating indeed

Hello! The bridge error occurs when the antivirus on your computer is not allowing the program to work. Please add the Cricut Craft Room and ccrbridge.exe programs to your antiviruses exceptions. If you need assistance doing this we can certainly help you through customer service! The phone number is 877-7cricut!

-Cricut Gena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
meloniesjunk3c930f08 on 10/2/2014(UTC)
weinerkuhn3420259d Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:18:27 PM(UTC)
weinerkuhn3420259d

DITTO to everything that Jena F said... I have a MAC and have NEVER encountered such PROBLEMS with other programs. I was so excited to discover Cricut Craft Room and have been incredibly frustrated since I started using it.

Hopefully, Cricut will work out these 'bugs' ASAP; it seems that many users are having the same issues.
weinerkuhn3420259d Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:19:41 PM(UTC)
weinerkuhn3420259d

I meant Jess F...
Goss Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:39:26 PM(UTC)
Goss

Did your issue ever get resolved? I'm having issues with freezing half way through cutting.
And the cutting housing not returning or kicking out the paper when I cancel the cut.

Dawnbernadette7abf9738 Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:48:24 PM(UTC)
Dawnbernadette7abf9738

Originally Posted by: Jess F Go to Quoted Post

Dawnbernadette7abf9738 Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:54:59 PM(UTC)
Dawnbernadette7abf9738

I also have expression 2 and Mac and have the exact same problems as you. I did not have this problem when I first started using the craft room, it started after one of the upgrades including adobe air upgrades, I have spent hours on the phone with support however I was abruptly disconnected when their quitting time came. I have been so disgusted that I am barely using my e2 anymore. As you, I like using the craft room over the small screen on the e2. I would love it for someone in support to contact me about this problem.