Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DeanaKindrick Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:18:01 PM(UTC)
DeanaKindrick

Groups: Registered

I recently went to a crop with a friend and a gal there had a Gypsy machine. Not knowing a whole lot about it, I tried asking a few questions about it, but I think I'm more confused about it. My sister and I each have a Cricut (she has the Cricut Expression and I have the old school original) We do a lot of scrapping together and are always taking our cartridges back and forth. One question I have is if I have all my cartridges loaded on a Gypsy if I decide to get one, can I use the Gypsy with my machine AND her machine. It would make traveling a bit easier since I wouldn't have to haul all my cartidges and then make sure we get them separated right. Any input/advice on if it would be a beneficial purchase for me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Soshescraps Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:39:22 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1113 time(s) in 882 post(s)
Hey Deanna,

If you are able to find a gypsy since they are scarce I would say go for it! I absolutely love my gypsy and don't leave home with out it. So to answer your question, yes you can use the gypsy in both machines. You will have to update both machines in order to use them with the gypsy. I agree that it does make traveling lighter as far as taking cartridges with you to crops. What I did was download all of the digital version of the handbooks onto my ipad and take that with me for reference.

The gypsy is a wonderful tool but like I said they are very hard to find for a reasonable price.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
LindaStarks Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 6:56:01 PM(UTC)
LindaStarks

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 37 post(s)
yes do it hard to find I am looking for another to have on hand so if something happens to mine I will have a spare. yepper I like it that much
troymimi75dc940a6f Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:21:18 PM(UTC)
troymimi75dc940a6f

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I also wanted a gypsy for a while but hesitated to buy one as I don't think they are making them anymore. I got sick of bringing all of my cartridges back and forth all of the time. I had the design studio but never really used it. I finally gave the cricut craft room a try and found out I could link my cartridges there. Now I just have to bring my laptop to the crops as they have internet. This may be something you want to try and if you don't like it you can still put your cartridges on your gypsy if you want. Perhaps save the money you would spend on a gypsy to buy more cartridges. :)

Michelle
joy0626 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:35:05 PM(UTC)
joy0626

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Soshescraps Go to Quoted Post
Hey Deanna,

If you are able to find a gypsy since they are scarce I would say go for it! I absolutely love my gypsy and don't leave home with out it. So to answer your question, yes you can use the gypsy in both machines. You will have to update both machines in order to use them with the gypsy. I agree that it does make traveling lighter as far as taking cartridges with you to crops. What I did was download all of the digital version of the handbooks onto my ipad and take that with me for reference.

The gypsy is a wonderful tool but like I said they are very hard to find for a reasonable price.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Hi there! I was wondering where you get the digital books for the cricut cartridges. I have finally uploaded all my cartridges to the gypsy but it is small for me to see what is actually on some of the cartridges. I was afraid I would still have to take all my books and I got the gypsy to downsize what I take.
Thanks