Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ddair Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 4:21:11 PM(UTC)
ddair

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 576 time(s) in 441 post(s)
POSTED in other forum too.

Hi,
I just used the Envelope Punch Board. I did not score and fold every envelope but decided to try the 3x3 one that "Scrapbook Dummies" showed in her video.My envelope turned out fine. I just followed the directions and used computer paper for the envelope as a test.

I can see that larger envelopes would require a score "off the board" but I really like the ability to punch and round corners without requiring scissors to "notch cut" or an additional punch for corner rounding.Also, the bone folder storage!

There may be a future larger Envelope Punch Board made because of the "off the board" scoring for larger envelopes but I am happy with the board and did not find it difficult to score a larger envelope.

I'm sure that the material that you use to make an envelope will impact the size a bit.

I just thought I would let others know my experience.

Diania
 2 users thanked ddair for this useful post.
rhondah* on 2/10/2013(UTC), Emily Shroom on 2/11/2013(UTC)
rhondah* Online
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:19:45 PM(UTC)
rhondah*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 16385 time(s) in 9257 post(s)
I had to make 5x5 envelopes today for V-day cards and they turned out great. Love the punch and corner rounder.
ddair Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:05:24 PM(UTC)
ddair

Rhondah,

I'm glad you are happy too.BigGrin I have the Martha Stewart board and the Crafter's Companion but this is more convienient to me as the built in notch clip and rounder saves time and effort.

It is more work cutting the correct size paper then using the toolBigGrin . Most of the sizes that I use are not an issue. It's a reasonably priced tool.

Diania

HSN has it listed and it is a better deal then I got as it includes cardstock and tape for $19.95 plus shipping. You may be able to google a free ship code too, great deal either way. Nice tool.

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:09:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MaryScraps Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:07:26 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6929 time(s) in 2821 post(s)
Apparently there was a misprint on the envelope punch board size chart.

WRMK has a pdf of the correct sizes and you can print it out on a sticker sheet then adhere it to the board.

The download can be found here: http://weronthenet.com/tool-directions

I am hoping the boards are printed correctly from HSN. But if not at least they have the correct sizes available on PDF.

~Mary~
Janice Online
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:23:57 PM(UTC)
Janice

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ddair Go to Quoted Post
Rhondah,

I'm glad you are happy too.BigGrin I have the Martha Stewart board and the Crafter's Companion but this is more convienient to me as the built in notch clip and rounder saves time and effort.

It is more work cutting the correct size paper then using the toolBigGrin . Most of the sizes that I use are not an issue. It's a reasonably priced tool.

Diania

HSN has it listed and it is a better deal then I got as it includes cardstock and tape for $19.95 plus shipping. You may be able to google a free ship code too, great deal either way. Nice tool.

I got mine with a free shipping code. I also thought it was a good deal with the paper, adhesive and free shipping. I know some are waiting for the revised size guide, but it does not seem to be a problem with all of them. I am going to download the pdf and laminate it if I need to. Can not wait to get it!
ddair Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:26:00 PM(UTC)
ddair

Janice,

My friend and I made several envelopes without a problem this afternoon. She made one for a 6x6 card from heavy cardstock, it was perfect.

I think the key is to line up your first score with the score divet on the left each time you turn counterclockwise. Once you realize the last score needs to line up to the divet(scoremark) each time to the left, it flows fine.

The is a great tool with a punch that notches,corner rounds and has built in storage for the included bone folder. A lot packed into a $20 tool!With the addition of cardstock and tape, a no brainer for me.BigGrin

I am happy with it and my friend ordered immediately after using it!BigGrin

Diania

There is not any problem with mine and unless they decide to make a larger one, there would not be a 2nd one. The paper or cardstock will hang off for larger envelopes but you can just flip and continue the score. I do not see a problem and prefer the smaller board for what I need.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 7:29:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jessie Adams Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:15:17 PM(UTC)
Jessie Adams

Was thanked: 1014 time(s) in 654 post(s)
I ordered mine online Monday morning 'cause I cannot wait for the March or April pre-orders BigGrin It's out for delivery this Saturday so I'll have lots of time to test drive it.

Looks like a breeze to use and easier than Martha's and Crafter's Companion.
The double punch is a fantastic plus.
Definitely a must have.
ddair Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:17:18 PM(UTC)
ddair

Jessie Adams,
I love mine and have not had any issue with any of the envelopes. EnjoyBigGrin
~LN Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:25:01 AM(UTC)
~LN

United States

Was thanked: 881 time(s) in 734 post(s)
Glad you like your new toy!! BigGrin I hope see some videos using this new tool

I cant find it listed on HSN.com?

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:29:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ddair Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:52:06 AM(UTC)
ddair

Ln,
It sold out immediately! Great deal with the cardstock and tape included.

Utube has several videos using this tool. I do not have a good camera set-up right now.

Diania

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:53:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SassyLady Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:40:55 PM(UTC)
SassyLady

Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
I should receive mine today and I can't wait to give this a try! Are the HSN sizes correct?
MaryScraps Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:27:26 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Sheila,

I just got mine from HSN and my board has the WRONG sizes.

So I contacted the company to see what they will do.
ddair Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 3:43:22 PM(UTC)
ddair

Scrapbooking_Granma,

I have not received my HSN Envelope Board yet. The one I've used is the initial one. I will post when I get mine.

I know there is a link(posted in one of the threads) to the correct sizes.It can be downloaded and laminated to place over the original sizes on the board.

I have been using the sizing on my board "as is" and not had a problem.

Diania
~LN Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:40:22 PM(UTC)
~LN

United States

Was thanked: 881 time(s) in 734 post(s)
Ln,
It sold out immediately! Great deal with the cardstock and tape included.

Utube has several videos using this tool. I do not have a good camera set-up right now.

Diania

Thanks LOL LOL LOL LOL
MaryScraps Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:36:09 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Scrapbooking_Granma,

I have not received my HSN Envelope Board yet. The one I've used is the initial one. I will post when I get mine.

I know there is a link(posted in one of the threads) to the correct sizes.It can be downloaded and laminated to place over the original sizes on the board.

I have been using the sizing on my board "as is" and not had a problem.

Diania

Diania, I posted the link to the correct sizes in this thread.
I was preparing for getting the board with the wrong sizes.
So I looked up the company site and found the link to the download to share with everyone.
I tried the sizes as they are on the board and the envelopes were off where a card would not fit in it. So I went off the sheet WRMK put out and then my envelopes came out right.
blondolphn Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:44:04 AM(UTC)
blondolphn

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5314 time(s) in 959 post(s)
Has anyone tried the Hsn punch board yet? Do they need the corrections? I got mine, but haven't had the energy to use it yet...
TeriE Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:50:58 AM(UTC)
TeriE

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi, I received my HSN WRMK Envelope Punch Board yesterday and just opened it this morning. My board as the WRONG measurements as well. It came with a sticker, but those measurements are in centimeters. I saw that there is a PDF with the correct measurements, but why would they not indicate to the consumer that the boards they would be sending were the ones with the incorrect measurements. Maybe that is why it was a package deal with the paper and tape, to make up for the inconvenience? Oh well. Guess I will have to print out the correct sizes. Does anyone know what size to print the file so it will fit the board? Thanks :)
ddair Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 3:52:24 PM(UTC)
ddair

Scrapbooking_Granma,

I probably will not get the HSN Punch Envelope board until Tuesday as I did not receive it Saturday.

I am using the original one that I got elsewhere and the envelopes I've done have been correct.

I will check when I get the HSN board,

One IMPORTANT key to making the correct size envelope is CAREFULLY lining up the first score made on the right(each time) with the DIVIT(SCORE line on the left). My friend'd natural tendency was to line the left side up to the measurement given.That will not work.

Teri E
I checked and the downloaded correction is the correct size to fit over the existing measurement on the board.My original baord came with a sticker but it had measurements to make much larger envelopes.

I will check my board when I receive it.

Diania

Edited by user Sunday, February 17, 2013 3:53:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scrappygal Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:13:29 PM(UTC)
Scrappygal

United States

Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 55 post(s)
I am a little confused. I just got my Envelope Board on Thursday from HSN. I just got it out today to kind of play around with it. Out of scratch paper I made an envelope for a 3 x 3 card using the sizes directed on the Envelope Board. The envelope fit my card without any problem. The sizes on my board are not the same as the updated list put out by WRMK. They are the old list. Has this happened to anyone else who has the Envelope Board?
Shelly Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:57:53 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 311 time(s) in 273 post(s)
I got mine from HSN. I just printed off the pdf and compared the numbers. There are several that are different. The reason the 3 x 3 one works is because the measurement on the board is bigger than the one on the pdf, so that is why it will fit. (It says your paper should be 5 3/8 x 5 3/8 and score line at 2 3/4, and the correction paper says 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 with score line at 2 5/8, so the board is an 1/8 inch bigger, so that is why it still fits) Some of the corrections you need slightly bigger and some slightly smaller, seems most are 1/8 inch off, but some are 1/4 inch off. The main ones (except A-7) are right.

I would like to find some paper to print this on that would be sticky backed so I can stick it on top of the wrong one. I don't want to always have to look for this paper.

Does anyone know if the company will send out a sticky backed replacement?

Edited by user Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:07:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
blondolphn on 2/18/2013(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 4:17:10 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Scrapbooking_Granma,

I probably will not get the HSN Punch Envelope board until Tuesday as I did not receive it Saturday.

I am using the original one that I got elsewhere and the envelopes I've done have been correct.

I will check when I get the HSN board,

One IMPORTANT key to making the correct size envelope is CAREFULLY lining up the first score made on the right(each time) with the DIVIT(SCORE line on the left). My friend'd natural tendency was to line the left side up to the measurement given.That will not work.

Teri E
I checked and the downloaded correction is the correct size to fit over the existing measurement on the board.My original baord came with a sticker but it had measurements to make much larger envelopes.

I will check my board when I receive it.

Diania

Diana

I'm lining up everything correctly. The sizes are just off.
There should be 1/8 extra space with both measurements length and width.
Some are off 1/4 to 5/8 to big. The error of using this board is not on my technique.

The extra sticker sheet is not for making bigger envelopes.
Those are the sizes in centimeters for those who use centimeters for measurements.
Doodlebugs Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 9:01:15 AM(UTC)
Doodlebugs

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 61 post(s)
stupid question what is an envelope punch Board. I looked at one but it said score and the measurement but I am not sure what t is or how to use
craftieoma Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 9:38:29 AM(UTC)
craftieoma

Viet Nam

Was thanked: 959 time(s) in 405 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Doodlebugs Go to Quoted Post
stupid question what is an envelope punch Board. I looked at one but it said score and the measurement but I am not sure what t is or how to use

Not a stupid question, I asked the same thing when I heard about it! (Unless maybe I am stupid!!!LOL LOL LOL )

It is a board from We R Memory Keepers to make envelopes. You cut your paper to the size listed, find your measurement, punch the corner and score your fold. When finished, you punch your flap for rounded corner. Go and look at You Tube for this. It is really great to use. The only problem is that some of the sizes are wrong, so you need the PDF above to print and adhere to the board to make your envelope fit nicer. I found at least 4 mistakes on the board.

Hope this helps......BigGrin

ddair Offline
#24 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 2:34:54 PM(UTC)
ddair

Scrapbooking_Granma,

I just put that information here that it might help someone new. I know you already had the instructions.

Shelly,
Thanks for the clarity regarding the measurements. When I get the other board from HSN, I will check to see if it is the same.

I have not tried all of the measurements for every envelope but the ones I've tried have worked. As long as there is the corrected measurement download,I'm good.BigGrin
Scrapbooking _Granma,
I looked in the package and I have two additional charts. One is large and is in centimeters, the other is much smaller and I did not realize it was in centimeters too!!:)"Glasses"BigGrin You are so rightBigGrin
Is the cardstock nice?

Thanks,
Diania
GrammySue Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 7:10:24 PM(UTC)
GrammySue

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I just got my board from HSN. Some of the numbers are wrong. There appears to 5 of them. Does anyone know if they will send us a new sticky back replacement of the new sizes? On one of the messages on here they said they were sending her another one. I don't know if that means a new board or a new print of the new sizes with the sticky back. If you find our please let us know.

Grammy Sue
Soupie Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:23:07 PM(UTC)
Soupie

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Ok I printed the chart and it seems to be the same on on the board!
What sizes were wrong?
Shelly Offline
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:09:39 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 311 time(s) in 273 post(s)
There is another thread here about the punch board "WRMK envelope punch board" The phone number for Customer Service is 1-877-742-5937. I called it, and they will send me out a corrected sticker for my board in about two weeks! So hopefully this will work. I printed out the PDF, but it is really blurry. I thought it was my printer, but I heard others say the same thing.

Hope this might help others of you out there.
Soupie Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:01:44 AM(UTC)
Soupie

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Guess nee to check it more today. It was late last night. I did print the one online and will do the numbers today I just put it all in s zip bag then it all together.
Will try some more sizes today.