Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Olivia'sNana Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:17:47 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1013 time(s) in 512 post(s)
OK I have used ccr on my computer since it was released from beta and as time has gone on, the updates have continued to improve the functionality and features. I don't have the best internet but it works with ccr even through my network. I love using ccr and have had very little issues, most user error. I DO NOT know or understand all the technical hardware, how computers think or work, I just know that once I get a sw installed, generally can figure out how to use it. But if there are technical problems that is something other than figuring out the tool bars, features of the sw, etc I i am clueless on what to do. Fortunantly I have a son that is a computer technician and knows them inside out and can talk their language and fix most anything. But yesterday he was not at my beck and call so here is all it took to get my mother going with ccr:

My experience yesterday trying to get my mother setup with ccr, I wondered if some of the difficulties I had were the same as others have so I want to offer up how I worked through them.

To show how dumb I am, I had downloaded the sw to her computer and at some point it popped up a window saying updating drivers. ok well we sat and sat and sat, nothing. Closed it out, opened it up same thing. Finally I realized the computer was trying to find her expression. Well it can't find it if it isn't connected to it. So it was satisfied and did its thing when I married the two with the usb cable.

Then tried to log in and kept getting the little ticker going round and round and round. closed out opened up same thing over and over and gettingthe bridge error box and other messages that I can't remember or interpret what they were saying. Finally decided to call pc - thank you Jill. With a few questions from her and me trying to explain what I don't know anythign about, she said it was the anti virus stopping the program. All it took was her emailing me a step by step procedure with pictures I might add to correct the problem so the antivirus would like ccr. Finally we were in business and was showing mom how to use the program when suddenly it had no internet connection. Well called pc, said it was their internet and were working on it. Finally went back to moms later that evening, internet was back on and she was able to make the cutest valentine decorated bags for her great grandaughters using ccr. Now I think she's hooked.

So with all this said, for those having problems getting ccr to work, please call pc. Jill was wonderful and solved my problem in less than 5 minutes.

Oh and one other issue with my DIL new expression and new laptop, we had a similar problem and my son figured out that the windows 8 that she has on her laptop needs to run in compatibility mode for ccr to work. He did whatever it took to become compatible and no problems since. (don't know what he did to make it compatible but I know it took all of 2 seconds for him to do it.

With all this said, I hope that maybe some this will help solve others having similar issues. Call PC, I talked to 2 people there yesterday and both were so kind and willing to help. Jill was one but shamefully, I don't remember the other's name. Neither time that I called did I have to wait on hold more than a minute.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:21:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 2/13/2013(UTC), JeanP on 2/13/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2013(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:45:05 AM(UTC)
JanisD

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1337 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
So true about the antivirus programs fighting with CCR. There were a lot of threads & discussion about this a few months ago & I personally had to change my {deepguard} settings in my antivirus program & then all worked fine.

Glad you got it all figured out.