Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Calmom Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:59:45 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Cricutmachine.com is having what is obviously a Clearance Sale on Cricut Machines Accessories, Gypsy Accessories, Cake Machine & Accessories, Cricut Mini, Yudu Machine & Accessories, Your Story & Accessories at pretty good discounts.

Cricutmachine.com is a part of PC, so it makes you wonder why they are clearing out all of these products. Does this mean that PC really is going in a Digital Only direction? I think so. I think PC will sell Cricut E2, maybe the Mini and Digital Images only, in the near future.

I would highly recommend that if you think you will need any of the above accessories now or later, you should buy them while you can.

I am sadden by the direction I BELIEVE PC is heading. This is ONLY my Opinion, no proof, just a feeling and the actions of PC in the past year, especially.

Just curious, if PC is in fact heading in this direction of only 1 or 2 Cricut Machines and ONLY Digital Images, would that satisfy you or would you consider purchasing a Non-PC Die Cutting Machine.
 2 users thanked Calmom for this useful post.
BJR on 2/14/2013(UTC), rhondah* on 2/14/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:43:11 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Personally if PC only goes digital then I would more than likely start looking elsewhere.

I LOVE my Cricuts!
I definately prefer physical cartridges because I can use them ANYWHERE. ANYTIME.

I love to design with CCR BUT I don't always have internet access especially at work when creating classroom related projects.

If CCR/Cricut.com is down for whatever reason ALL of my digital images are not available for me to use.

I have an Original Baby Bug, 2 Expressions, 2 Jukeboxes and well over 200 cartridges so you see I have A LOT invested in my Provo Craft goodies. (not to mention my Cuttlebug and hundreds of embossing folders and dies)

Yes I admit it I'm ADDICTED.

Provo Craft please don't go ALL DIGITAL.

Just my opinion here.
D-

2 users thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
BJR on 2/14/2013(UTC), blondolphn on 2/18/2013(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:16:03 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 747 time(s) in 400 post(s)
I too will go elsewhere if they go all digital or don't update Design Studio. I don't always have internet access, so CCR is really not an option, even if it worked right. I've tried it. It is too slow, too many issues, too many frustrations.

I bought Folk Art for my afternoon program and can't even it use it there, no Design Studio update. So that means no new carts for me until they update. I was going to buy Simple Cards since St. Patty's day is coming up. But with no update, not going to buy it until they do update DS. And if they don't update DS, then I will go somewhere else.

It is so sad, Nathan came on here and said all the things, I guess I wanted to hear. But nothings has really changed. They still don't communicate with us, CCR still sucks, they still don't stand behind their products, they are still not very forthcoming. And now we have not seen hide nor hair of him anymore.
 1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
BJR on 2/14/2013(UTC)
Willysmom Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:15:37 AM(UTC)
Willysmom

United States

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 144 post(s)
I will only use a cartridge machine. I love my Cricuts. As a matter of fact, my Christmas gift from dh was a pink E, wanted a back up, just in case the worse scenario happened. I have a baby bug, 2 E's a Cuttlebug, tons of folders and most important of all my Gypsy. I don't have half the cart's that most of you have, but except for Ornamental Iron, I have all the one's I really wanted. Will purchase any more that I want if any new ones come out, as long as I can link them to my G.
Will use my "stuff" until it all dies, and then, I'll decide what I'm going to do. But NO digi for me.

Camille
 1 user thanked Willysmom for this useful post.
BJR on 2/14/2013(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:55:16 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Thanks for the heads up! I got 2 14" Cricut plushies for $5 each, plus shipping!! I have been wanting one of them since like FOREVER!
Godot's Girl Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:46:35 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2789 time(s) in 1671 post(s)
I, too, am a straight up cartridge gal. I keep trying to use CCR, but it just is too inconsistent. I cannot see putting my eggs in the digi basket when it is unreliable. My carts work anywhere, anytime, for anyone. ProvoCraft stands to alienate a huge segment of their customer base if they make this move, and you are not the only one of that opinion. So many of us do not have reliable Internet, CCR has to many problems of it's own, there are those who just do not want to learn something new, just some of the reasons customers have cited. I do not understand why ProvoCraft appears to not be listening. Do both, digi'd and carts, and keep all your customers happy, or fix CCR, and loose a smaller percentage, just make a stand and stick to it. GG
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
BJR on 2/14/2013(UTC)
BJR Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:51:19 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I too do not want or buy digital, prefer physical carts. Again yesterday prob;ems with internet- and I am in a big city too.
I really loved the original PC company- very helpful. It grew fast and then like many tried to do too much and Iposted many times they were making too many machines that they were competing with themselves and killing some of their own business.
I would hope for better but the rational side of me does not see any sign of them trying or doing anything to keep us here.
Calmom,
thanks again for the post will go and look. BJR.
Maxluv Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:53:34 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Was thanked: 471 time(s) in 360 post(s)
Personally i think that Cricutmachine is doing like any place that sells items..they are getting rid of some backed up stock and selling it for what its really worth.. When i go to Target and they have lots of things on clearance doesnt make me think they are going out of business, or they will no longer be selling sheets, or shoes, or whatever is on clearance, they are getting rid of what they don't have room for and get in new stock.

As for going elsewhere, no thanks..i like the idea of using cartridges the other machines you have to be connected to your computer, i like being able to have a stand alone machine.
rhondah* Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:04:03 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 14242 time(s) in 8760 post(s)
Thanks for the info!
LindainWA Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:11:48 AM(UTC)
LindainWA

United States

Was thanked: 941 time(s) in 551 post(s)
I bought a ton (and I do mean a ton - $300 worth) of the Yudu stuff. I got the machine itself off of ebay for $80 (taymeag2010 is seller a PC seller). The prices are awesome!!! Now to get busy and learn how to use it.

I hate CCR but love my "G". If it goes down, will use DS when I can or just the cart. No completely digital for me.
BJR Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:01:16 PM(UTC)
BJR

Do I have to say Thanks alot ! Glare BigGrin I ordered plushies, Yudu, Your Story, Cricut vinyl,KniftyKnitter, & Cricut cake items. Oh boy- just don't tell my DH! BJR.
Calmom Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:18:13 PM(UTC)
Calmom

I am so happy for those of you that made purchases. The prices were great, unfortunately, I didn't need anything but I like to share Sales Info on the MB.
Ken's Kreations Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:11:39 PM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

United States

Was thanked: 1949 time(s) in 499 post(s)
DANG YOU!!! Well goodbye 70 bucks!
bird Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:29:00 PM(UTC)
bird

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 119 post(s)
My question is if oh my craft is part of pc then why are they selling the silohette is this machine part of their company too???
BJR Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 8:06:07 AM(UTC)
BJR

Anybodys stuff here yet- fedex hasn't updated mine is still in Utah as far as I know- it says Thursday but who knows. There is still some stuff left on sale too. BJR.
Kris Dietz Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 8:16:56 AM(UTC)
Kris Dietz

United States

Was thanked: 261 time(s) in 227 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bird Go to Quoted Post
My question is if oh my craft is part of pc then why are they selling the silohette is this machine part of their company too???

I don't think Oh My Craft is part of PC. I thought I had read somewhere that they were part of cropchocolate or some company like that. Could be wrong....

Kris
LoriAnderson13 Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 1:30:34 PM(UTC)
LoriAnderson13

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Calmom Go to Quoted Post
Cricutmachine.com is having what is obviously a Clearance Sale on Cricut Machines Accessories, Gypsy Accessories, Cake Machine & Accessories, Cricut Mini, Yudu Machine & Accessories, Your Story & Accessories at pretty good discounts.

Cricutmachine.com is a part of PC, so it makes you wonder why they are clearing out all of these products. Does this mean that PC really is going in a Digital Only direction? I think so. I think PC will sell Cricut E2, maybe the Mini and Digital Images only, in the near future.

I would highly recommend that if you think you will need any of the above accessories now or later, you should buy them while you can.

I am sadden by the direction I BELIEVE PC is heading. This is ONLY my Opinion, no proof, just a feeling and the actions of PC in the past year, especially.

Just curious, if PC is in fact heading in this direction of only 1 or 2 Cricut Machines and ONLY Digital Images, would that satisfy you or would you consider purchasing a Non-PC Die Cutting Machine.

I would bail on PC if my only choice is being tethered to a computer & CCR which has to have online access - I had a machine with a superior interface and it was stand alone - didn't even need the internet to function before I went to PC - I love my gypsy!
MaryStillman Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 3:20:36 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
I've reached the point where digital or nondigital is fine with me.

What I don't like is not being able to download the digital content to my computer and software that has to be connected to the internet unless you have a gypsy.

Downloading may be a safer way to store images as you can back those up onto a different location (flash drive or whatever). The digital carts can only be downloaded to a gypsy. Otherwise, the location is only CCR, and Design Studio cannot be used with those carts.

The Silht Cam is all digital also, but what you purchase gets downloaded into your computer and the free software is a download that works without an internet connection. There are some "carts" you can purchase on an SD card and you can create your own carts and save unto an sd card, so you can take your stuff to crops and use. The ecrafter works like that also...digital, but can be saved to an sd card and used with the machine only.

I suspect that PC will go all digital in the future. It would be considered a green initiative (that is only popular if it is convenient for you....think about it). They could save the environment thousands of carbon units by eliminating the plastic packaging and bulky cart. Now, I am saying this tongue in check because as I said, we like to be green, but only if it is convenient for us. Us old holdouts just have to give up the ghost first...

Okay, enough.

Mary
GypsyBoricua Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 4:08:24 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 747 time(s) in 400 post(s)
You are absolutely right, Mary! I would not mind digital if it got downloaded to my computer where I can save on a sd card or CD. I use Design Studio, but I am not on the internet. CCR is slow, unreliable, unstable and at the mercy of PC. Since, in order to use CCR, you must be on their servers, you would think they would post a big sign that says the system would be down for maintenance from such time to such time so crafters would know not to access CCR. But PC doesn't do that, they just let you find out on your own. Just like the bad updates. They wouldn't take it down for days, while everyone's machines got ruin.

The problem is, I just don't trust PC anymore to be honest about anything. Where I use to buy 4 to 5 carts a month, this is no longer the case. Now I buy one or two carts every 2 to 3 months. And I just learned a new lesson about PC. If you use Design Studio, don't buy a just released cart until you make sure it is already updated on Design Studio or you are SOOL and can only be used as a stand alone, unless you want to brave the frustrations of CCR. I have two carts that I can only use as stand alones because they haven't updated Design Studio in over 3 months.
Calmom Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 5:55:25 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Originally Posted by: bird Go to Quoted Post

I was only talking about CricutMachine, not OhMyCrafts.

Calmom Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 5:56:52 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Originally Posted by: Ken's Kreations Go to Quoted Post
DANG YOU!!! Well goodbye 70 bucks!

Flapper LOL Laugh

BJR Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:31:17 AM(UTC)
BJR

Yes I did order and all from Cricutmachine.com (a bunch I might add), but a very silly and perhaps stupid thought occured to me-Confused if PC can does clear stuff out like this cheaply, (remember I said this thought wass silly and perhaps stupid) could they possibly put some of these items up for rewards? (Remember I warned you about this thought). RollEyes BJR.