Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

devand5b4156ac Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 11:00:24 AM(UTC)
devand5b4156ac

Groups: Registered

I'm considering buying a Cricut but can only buy one and would like it to work for both purposes. Will this work? Thanks!

debbie
moe0204df8eb8c6 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 11:29:06 AM(UTC)
moe0204df8eb8c6

Groups: Registered

I just called the support number for cricut to ask about this because I saw where someone had posted that it worked fine as long as you used a paper mat. She said none of the machines do both and that using paper would not only get grease on your paper it would void the warranty on the machine. She said you adjust things for paper density that the cake machine can't do. Also the roller on the paper cutting machine is rubber in order to secure your paper. The roller on the cake machine is stainless steel. I don't know if I would still try this especially if my machine was past warranty anyway and can't see how using paper could hurt the machine in any way. I can see how the paper might not be as secure but the blades didn't look that different to me so you still might want to try it.

I wonder if anyone has used other cartridges designed for paper cuts on fondant. I would expect you would have to stick to designs that were not as intricate.

I'd also like to know if others have tried to use this machine for both.

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 11:32:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified