Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

GrammySue Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:14:25 AM(UTC)
GrammySue

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I have tried 4 different kinds of paper and they all cut jagged. When you are cutting the notches. It looks like when you have used your punch a lot and it is dull. Anyone else having this problem?

Grammy Sue
 1 user thanked GrammySue for this useful post.
rhondah* on 2/20/2013(UTC)
Scrappygal Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:39:55 AM(UTC)
Scrappygal

United States

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Grammy Sue, mine punches just fine. Sorry you are having trouble with the punch feature. Why don't you try punching some tin foil and see if that does not make the edges sharper
SassyLady Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:50:16 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Mine works wonderful too! I think this is a great little tool... just can't understand how they could knowingly sell with the wrong sizes on it! But it works GREAT!
Char88 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:57:51 AM(UTC)
Char88

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I just tried mine and it cuts ok but I have had trouble with alot of their punches.Bought the large 8 punches and sent them back because half of them stuck and foil did not help at all.My Cinch has given me trouble from the get go. Still have to use pliers to pull out some of the pegs. I swore I would never buy anything from them again but so many people were raving about this envelope punch I got sucked in again!!!!!!!!!LAST TIME!!!!!!!!! What upsets me the most is the fact they knew about this problen when they sold them. I have emailed them but no responce as of yet.

Char88
GrammySue Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:47:04 PM(UTC)
GrammySue

Originally Posted by: Char88 Go to Quoted Post
I just tried mine and it cuts ok but I have had trouble with alot of their punches.Bought the large 8 punches and sent them back because half of them stuck and foil did not help at all.My Cinch has given me trouble from the get go. Still have to use pliers to pull out some of the pegs. I swore I would never buy anything from them again but so many people were raving about this envelope punch I got sucked in again!!!!!!!!!LAST TIME!!!!!!!!! What upsets me the most is the fact they knew about this problen when they sold them. I have emailed them but no responce as of yet.

Char88

I just called the phone number on the website weronthenet.com and they were on the phone in only a couple of rings. They are being slammed with e-mail. Very nice people.
GrammySue Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:49:03 PM(UTC)
GrammySue

Originally Posted by: Scrappygal Go to Quoted Post
Grammy Sue, mine punches just fine. Sorry you are having trouble with the punch feature. Why don't you try punching some tin foil and see if that does not make the edges sharper

I cut foil several times. It didn't help. The blade is messed up I sent them some pictures and they are suppose to get back with me for a replacement. It has been a few hours, hopefully I will hear something soon.

Thanks guys for all of the wonderful help.

Grammy Sue
GrammySue Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:51:32 PM(UTC)
GrammySue

Originally Posted by: SassyLady Go to Quoted Post
Mine works wonderful too! I think this is a great little tool... just can't understand how they could knowingly sell with the wrong sizes on it! But it works GREAT!

Call them and give them your information. Alex said that they would have the new stickers for with the right measurements in a few weeks. She said the measurements were not wrong they just needed to be tweeked a little or something to that affect. She was really nice.
 1 user thanked GrammySue for this useful post.
SassyLady on 2/20/2013(UTC)
Jessie Adams Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:45:43 AM(UTC)
Jessie Adams

Was thanked: 1013 time(s) in 653 post(s)
My HSN envelope punch board arrived Saturday with the corrected sizes sticker.
I ordered it the day before launch.

Thought it would be a worthwhile tool and it is!
So far it cuts well.

I'm sure WRMK or HSN will send you a replacement.
I got one when my CAD2 was a little wonky setting brads.
Both are reputable companies.
rhondah* Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:49:42 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14935 time(s) in 8908 post(s)
Mine seems to be working fine. Let us know if their customer service helps you.
GrammySue Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:08:50 PM(UTC)
GrammySue

Originally Posted by: rhondah* Go to Quoted Post
Mine seems to be working fine. Let us know if their customer service helps you.

I was told today that they will be sending me a replacement for my envelope board. The one I got 2 days ago had a nick in the blade and cut jagged. . I sent them pictures of the blade and of how bad it cut. I. Was impressed with the quick response.

Grammy Sue
Janice Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:17:39 PM(UTC)
Janice

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Glad to hear you are getting another one. I really like mine!!
skyfoggy Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:46:21 PM(UTC)
skyfoggy

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi,

I was a little late in trying to order the envelope puncher from hsn and then it quickly sold out. Is there anyone familiar with the "Ultimate Crafter's Companion". It's the pink case with the score lines for envelopes, boxes, embossing, etc? After watching the many videos on Youtube, I decided to purchase one from Joanns and waiting for it to arrive. HSN carries it since it's launch a couple of years ago. Trying to figure out what the consensus is with Cricut crafters out there about the Ultimate Crafter's Companion.

Have fun with the WRMK envelope puncher.
Annabella Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:14:31 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)

Skyfoggy

I have half of the Ultimate Crafters Companion. It is very user friendly. I have had it for about 6 years now. (the older part) In comparison to the WRMK envelope board it is like driving a 2000 car in 2013. It is workable but lacks all the luxury. You need to look thru a long list of items and decide which one of the measurements is closest to what you need. It doesn't have an A2 card, 4.25 x 5.5. It has a 5.5 x 5.5 for example. It doesn't do the smaller cards like the 3 x 3 for an invitation. You would need to cut the 4.5 and cut it down your self to get it to fit and look good.

Don't get me wrong it is good but the new envelope cutter is so much easier and has all the "bells and whistles" to make all sizes look very neat and clean. I remember making a group of envelopes for cards I made, an A2, and the envelope was a 5 x 5. I had to pay twenty cents more for each item as it was the 5" square and it does not go thru the sorting machines. That's when I realized I needed to cut down each envelope I made so it was not square and would fit better.

This is just my opinion, I just received my envelope board an am having fun making my own. I am trying to save as much money as possible so I can get more goodies!!!
ottergirl Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:57:31 PM(UTC)
ottergirl

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 142 post(s)
I could have written the exact same message as skyfoggy, but why. She said it so well "driving a 2000 car in 2013" I like that. The 2000 car will get you where you want to go but the 2013 is sleaker, faster, & has more gadgets.

I think I am really going to like this new tool. It will be one that stays out, not stuck in a drawer or on a shelf. The double punch is a great idea and punches clean and smoothly. This is a thumbs up for me. ThumpUp

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:59:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

skyfoggy Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:23:45 AM(UTC)
skyfoggy

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Annabella,

I ditto Ottergirl ... that's an excellent analogy of the two envelope tools! I love the puncher on the WRMK enveloper and that was what sold me but the it was no where to be found. Well, I'm looking forward to trying out the Ultimate Crafters Companion and learn its virtues. Perhaps the WRMK gadget might be in my horizon in a bit.... maybe mother's day? LOL. Thanks for the helpful response. I so appreciate it.

Laura