Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

nmoore0208bb78102f Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:30:13 PM(UTC)
nmoore0208bb78102f

Groups: Registered

Hello All!!

I'm new to using my Cricut Expression. Can anyone tell me how to enlarge images? I'm using my "Carousel" cartridge and need the train cars to be big enough to fit on a box of animal crackers.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:22:34 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 878 time(s) in 416 post(s)
are you using ccr or just your expression by itself. If by itself, the dial on the front right hand side of the machine is your sizer. roll it either up or down and watch the size change on the screen. The size that you set it at will be the height of the image. The width will cut in proportion as the designer designed the image. it makes it difficult to know exactly what the size will be until it cuts.kinda trial and error. However if you are using ccr, the resizing is easy and you can see exactly how it will cut on your virtual mat and you are not restricted to the 1/4" increments. It can be any size you want up to the size of the mat.

Hope this helps. If you want to use ccr and need help, please post
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:17:25 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8003 time(s) in 4678 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Olivia'sNana Go to Quoted Post
are you using ccr or just your expression by itself. If by itself, the dial on the front right hand side of the machine is your sizer. roll it either up or down and watch the size change on the screen. The size that you set it at will be the height of the image. The width will cut in proportion as the designer designed the image. it makes it difficult to know exactly what the size will be until it cuts.kinda trial and error. However if you are using ccr, the resizing is easy and you can see exactly how it will cut on your virtual mat and you are not restricted to the 1/4" increments. It can be any size you want up to the size of the mat.

Hope this helps. If you want to use ccr and need help, please post

Actually, you are restricted by the 1/4" in CCR on the mat. Your images cannot go past the yellow space on the screen (1/4" around the entire mat) when you are creating your project. If it goes beyond the yellow spaces, the machine won't CUT!

We don't see the yellow spaces on our mats we feed into the machine, but our cuts will cut within 1/4" inside the green line surrounding the mat all the way around. Hope that makes sense.

If I remember right, you need to use RELATIVE DIAL SIZE on the overlay to use the PROPORTIONAL sizing for your image.

You need to use REAL DIAL SIZE if you want a 3" bird, a 3" flower, etc.! REAL DIAL SIZE does not keep image layers in proportion.

Olivia'sNana stated these things correctly; I just expounded on them a little to make sure you know you'll need to use the SIZE buttons on the overlay before you tell the CRICUT what image you want to cut.

Char
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:35:19 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 878 time(s) in 416 post(s)
Thanks Char- I never use my machine by itself, not sure that I even remember how, so I forget about the necessity of using the overlay keys on the machine. Thanks for clarifying.
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/20/2013(UTC)