Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<12345>»
SandyPalmer Offline
#61 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:34:18 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Thank you soooo much! The last posts have been perfect! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Bold is ok if it's small too!

I really have been working on cards! Here is sketch 2! I promise I will comment on anything that comes my way now! I can't tell you how much I appreciate all this!
Oh, I forget to tell you, I won this free digi for leaving a comment on someone's blog! Cool huh! BigGrin
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad49/sands41/00201.jpg

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:36:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/22/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/22/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#62 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:05:18 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Sandy- Cute!! TFS.
Do the colors and size I'm using in this post work for you? Do the highlights bother you? No one wants anyone to have health issues from our posts. I'm glad you shared this with us.

I haven't been here on this thread long but I can already tell these are kind and considerate people.

D-

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:07:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: :)

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#63 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:12:30 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Sandy: I love your card! I love the mixture of elegance and humor here. The small touch of blue on the mostly black and white card is perfect! Ok, what are those glittery gems... are those glittered brads? Love them!
TurtleBug Offline
#64 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:35:28 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 978 time(s) in 639 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SandyPalmer Go to Quoted Post
You know how BAD I feel right now, and embarrassed too! I never ever wanted to say anything to anyone about this! I guess no one ever wants to admit that they have problems in any area I guess!?!?
I seem to handle size 6 just fine! I can handle colors if they are like to introduce someone's name, but the whole text in colors is what really gets me! A little color here or there seems to not bother me at all!
I am soooo sorry about all of this, but am so very thankful for the understanding!
Thank you everyone!!!!
Hugs,
Sandy.

Sandy,
Please, don't you ever feel bad, or apologize for something that is affecting you and your health. We all have issues of some sort and I truly believe it is better to bring it out in the open than to agonize through it alone. I know everyone here cares and will make every effort to help you with this....and, because we don't want you to leave!
Stay well!Smile
Josie

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:32:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#65 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:51:33 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: Dragonfly50 Go to Quoted Post

Turltebug- Your cards are so cute. Thank you for all of the kind words. I got the reinstones at Joanns.

Later gator
D-

DragonFly
Sorry, if I wasn't clear, I was inquiring about the butterfly embossing folder used on the second AC card with the two Easter eggs card....Once Upon a Princess embossing. Where did you buy it and is that the brand name or folder name?
Thanks!

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:55:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#66 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:13:28 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Ladies,
Would like to make a suggestion about when we hit the "QUOTE" key. Instead of posting the whole thing the person wrote, why not (as I did on the post above this one) delete what has nothing to do with what you want to reply to on that quote?? The one above(Post #66)I wanted to reply to something Dragonfly posted to me on Post #50...so I deleted the rest of the post where she commented on Vickie, Raquel, and NanaDonna. And, I'm sure it would be a BIG help to Sandy, too!

Just a thought...hope it makes sense to everyoneSmile
Josie

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:32:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandyPalmer Offline
#67 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:24:31 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Josie, I love you, but can you please, please, please not use the green lettering on everything you write, PLEASE! I don't mind the green, but an abundance of it is just kind of bad!

Raquel, you aren't going to believe this! Those things you thought were brads are actually a white piece of paper hole punched, lol! I then used stickles on them!

Dragonfly, your wording and your use of color is perfect! Thank you so much understanding!

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:30:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dragonfly50 Offline
#68 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:49:52 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
DragonFly
Sorry, if I wasn't clear, I was inquiring about the butterfly embossing folder used on the second AC card with the two Easter eggs card....Once Upon a Princess embossing. Where did you buy it and is that the brand name or folder name?
Thanks!

No problem I'm in a headcold fog right now. lol
17 days (and counting) of this and little or no voice... you can put a fork in me I'm done. lol

*The butterfly embossing folder came in the CuttlebugOnce Upon a Princess embossing folder set (4 pcs). I got it at Joanns but I'm not sure they carry it now?

I had originally made it for background for one of the basket cards but just couldn't cover it up. I loved how the pearlescent paper looked with it and just added some tiny reinstones for bling/embellies.

D-

1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/21/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#69 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:21:16 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

[quote=SandyPalmer;1666080]Josie, I love you, but can you please, please, please not use the green lettering on everything you write, PLEASE! I don't mind the green, but an abundance of it is just kind of bad!

[quote]

Sandy,
So sorry I misunderstood....I thought too much bold and an assortment of colors on one post was the problem. I'm just so use to doing green since I started on here because of the green Turtle on my Avatar. Sorry!

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:49:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#70 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:42:25 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post

Josie, when would you like me to send you the colors for next week? I think all you'll have to do is save what I send you to Photobucket and post it like you do your cards. Not sure how this will work for those that "attach" photos, because I think it may be too small to see. I know that I still cannot get the photos to enlarge when I click on them.

Be back later, Dee

Hi Dee,
The sooner the better, I don't want to find out on Tuesday night that I don't know how to post the Ad Color ChallengeLOL LOL. I do post my cards with Photobucket. Not sure where you will be "sending" them, will you be sending to PM or email??
Thanks!

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:47:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#71 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:45:43 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
Instead of posting the whole thing the person wrote, why not delete what has nothing to do with what you want to reply to on that quote??

HAH! I have been doing this since I started with this MB so no problem here BigGrin
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#72 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:52:14 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Dragonfly50 wrote:
No problem I'm in a headcold fog right now. lol
17 days (and counting) of this and little or no voice... you can put a fork in me I'm done. lol

*The butterfly embossing folder came in the Cuttlebug Once Upon a Princess embossing folder set (4 pcs). I got it at Joanns but I'm not sure they carry it now?

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I went through that too for a long time... like a month. Get well really soon!

I also got the same pack from my local JoAnn but I know mine no longer carries it. They still carry it in their online store for $24.99 (I just checked)
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 2/21/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#73 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:53:18 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

I see a cstanzione lurking about... I miss you Cindy!!!
Dragonfly50 Offline
#74 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:08:36 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I went through that too for a long time... like a month. Get well really soon!
I also got the same pack from my local JoAnn but I know mine no longer carries it. They still carry it in their online store for $24.99 (I just checked)

Thank you! I so need it to end now.
I looked for it also. Js only carries it online and I know i did't pay $24.99 for it. I always use coupons or my additional teacher's discount when things are on sale.
D-

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#75 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:29:47 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Dragonfly50 wrote:
Thank you! I so need it to end now.
I looked for it also. Js only carries it online and I know i did't pay $24.99 for it. I always use coupons or my additional teacher's discount when things are on sale.
D-

JoAnn and Michael's are my local craft stores and then there's AC Moore about 30 minutes drive. I always use a coupon if what I want isn't on sale, otherwise, I only buy sale items.

It's ridiculous how much of a markup they put on stuff! There's a new item that JoAnn just got called Tulip ScreenIt and when they first got it, it was $150 regular price so I waited for it to go on sale (it did once... $112.00 and I missed it). So, I decided to wait again for it to go on sale. It did... last week! $149.99 SALE price / regular price $199 at their online store.

You can imagine how upset I was for seeing this ridiculous price change!

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:32:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... wrong price

Dragonfly50 Offline
#76 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:37:55 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Here is my sketch 1 card with a bonus bow and the egg has Gellies paint deco. Used the challenge colors.
Used Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder for embossing.
I think the bear is a Sizzix die but I can't locate it right now. (I used a cut from my stash)
The Happy Easter cut is from Easter 2010.

D-

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2013 1:46:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dragonfly50 attached the following image(s):
P1200087.JPG
CricketCMV on 2/22/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#77 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:45:02 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Next is my Sketch 2 card with bonus added a bow.
I used the challenge colors but now I seriously need ice cream.
Background is done with a Cuttlebug Oriental Weave folder.
The eggs are from Easter 2010. (I cut a ton of cuts when it was a CCR freebie)
Bunny is from Create a Critter 2 and has a Peachy Keen face with added color.
The stamp cut is from Create a Critter.

D-

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2013 1:51:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dragonfly50 attached the following image(s):
P1200086.JPG
CricketCMV on 2/22/2013(UTC)
heartbythesea13b8ffa2 Offline
#78 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:48:30 AM(UTC)
heartbythesea13b8ffa2

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for letting me peek in on the card forum. I don't know how all the different earas come into play yet,so maybe I'll catch you all later with some cards if there's room to jooin in.Blushing Thanks again ladies.
 1 user thanked heartbythesea13b8ffa2 for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 2/22/2013(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#79 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 8:14:41 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Dragonfly, Ooh great use of the ad colors on both of your cards! Both of your cards are so precious! Wonderful use with the embossing too!

Heartbythesea13b8ffa2, please do come and join us! We just look at the sketches for inspiration and then post our creations here and that's it! we like to comment on each others work! The ladies here are just wonderful, and we would love for you come participate with us! BigGrin

Here is my take on sketch 1! I added more layers, and turned the sketch sideways, but it is there I believe! I made this card for DDF to show this weeks free digi! Oh, and I did use the ad colors on it too! BigGrin
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad49/sands41/0201.jpg
 3 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/22/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 2/22/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/22/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#80 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 9:46:08 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 781 time(s) in 611 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dee,
The sooner the better, I don't want to find out on Tuesday night that I don't know how to post the Ad Color ChallengeLOL LOL. I do post my cards with Photobucket. Not sure where you will be "sending" them, will you be sending to PM or email??
Thanks!

I thought I had your e-mail here but I don't. Can you send it to me. I have the colors ready for next week. I guess just go ahead and PM them to me. I will also need them for anyone who is planning on hosting. Thanks.

Sandy...loved the sheep card and the black and white. Also the one with the week's colors. Very cute.

Dee

christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#81 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 10:05:30 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hey guys, I have a question as I'm working on sketch 1 this morning. However, I'm having a problem getting the words happy birthday to cut out of my cricut because it keeps tearing and ripping the words apart. . .so frustrating. Just didn't know if there was a particular setting I needed to put my cricut on in order to use it. I'm cutting contact paper and at the 1/4 ' size. Any suggestions?

It's ripping the paper as it is cutting it, it's not the cricut I think it's the settings doing it! I need small letters that say happy birthday but it is ripping them apart!

Oh playing with foil in my cuddlebug. . .like the kind you have in your kitchen.. .this stuff works great! :) Can't wait to show it off soon!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#82 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 11:29:07 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Dragonfly50: ok the chocolate brown paper you used on BOTH of your cards is making me hungry! The embossing on the first card adds a lot, the bear is so cute holding that egg, great stitching on the bear. Really really cute second card too! I'm going to eat that chocolate bunny!

heartbythesea13b8ffa2: Welcome! Come join us. This is a very relaxed group... no pressure at all. Whenever you're ready to share any creations, just pop in!

SandyPalmer:
your hot chocolate card is yummy! Well done on coloring it and I really like the way you highlight the digi with the shadowing on the frame. Awesome job!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#83 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 11:31:27 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
Hey guys, I have a question as I'm working on sketch 1 this morning. However, I'm having a problem getting the words happy birthday to cut out of my cricut because it keeps tearing and ripping the words apart. . .so frustrating. Just didn't know if there was a particular setting I needed to put my cricut on in order to use it. I'm cutting contact paper and at the 1/4 ' size. Any suggestions?

It's ripping the paper as it is cutting it, it's not the cricut I think it's the settings doing it! I need small letters that say happy birthday but it is ripping them apart!

Oh playing with foil in my cuddlebug. . .like the kind you have in your kitchen.. .this stuff works great! :) Can't wait to show it off soon!

That's really really tiny! My Cricut rips papers too at such a small size. Check your pressure and blade setting. The blade might be out too far and the pressure might be on too heavy. Good luck! Hope it works for you

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#84 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 11:33:55 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Well, no cards for me today... seems I'm going to be doing a bit of purging today. There are a lot game related things we're not bringing with us and I need to organize them so I can start selling them off in ebay or something.

I'll be on later tonight. Have a great day everyone!
Nancy J. Offline
#85 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 11:49:46 AM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Hi Everyone...

I just can't believe how a snow storm in one part of USA can affect another state's internet... wow...

I haven't had good internet for days now... yesterday was terrible... it would be up for 5 minutes down for 10 minutes.. back up and then down again.... I called the phone company 5 times yesterday and they finally sent me a repairman today...he came out and repaired it and left but then 10 minutes later I was down again... He came back did the same thing again this time he made sure it worked before he left....

here to find out there was a problem in the main building in Kansas... I live in Ohio and when Kansas had the big snow storm it messed up the main system there which went down and when it came back up there were problems so in turned messed up my modem... wow can't believe that would affected me but they had to do a reset and a SAVE. The SAVE was what the first tech in Kansas forgot to do which is why the tech here in Ohio had to come back to my house again... My internet as been working for over hour now...so I think I am good to go.

So off to look at all the great cards that have been added in the last day or so.BigGrin
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#86 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 12:03:38 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
That's really really tiny! My Cricut rips papers too at such a small size. Check your pressure and blade setting. The blade might be out too far and the pressure might be on too heavy. Good luck! Hope it works for you

Thanks Raquel.. . I'll check them, it's frustrating that you can't get them right! If it says you can cut it at that size then you should be able to, not sure why it is so difficult to do so!
britishgirl Offline
#87 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 12:09:52 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SandyPalmer Go to Quoted Post
You know how BAD I feel right now, and embarrassed too! I never ever wanted to say anything to anyone about this! I guess no one ever wants to admit that they have problems in any area I guess!?!?
I seem to handle size 6 just fine! I can handle colors if they are like to introduce someone's name, but the whole text in colors is what really gets me! A little color here or there seems to not bother me at all!
I am soooo sorry about all of this, but am so very thankful for the understanding!
Thank you everyone!!!!
Hugs,
Sandy.

there is no need to be sorry or
embarrassed i am sure we all do understand i have cataracts that are just not ready to be removed yet so i use computer glasses that i had made till they are ready my Grandson has epilepsy and bright colors and flashing lights can trigger and attack i always just reply or post in the default, i never evan thought about changing colors or font size LOL anyway i am sure we would rather keep you here than post in colors Margaret
SandyPalmer Offline
#88 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:25:09 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Dragonfly, I forgot to tell you how very sorry I am to hear about your lasting cold! I pray you get relief from it soon! I do have to tell you, I seem to be craving something chocolate right now after seeing your cards! We have chocolate chip muffins here that my made that are calling my name right now, lol! Wink

Nancy J, oh so sorry to hear about your internet problems! I think I would be lost without the internet even for a day! When we had all the Cricut problems trying to get on but couldn't, it was driving me crazy, lol!

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2013 1:31:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nancy J. Offline
#89 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:35:06 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Vickie, Great job on those purple flowers... and your shaped card is cute... got to love a pickle.

Turtlebug, both of your baby cards are cute.. I see I need another die.. the branch w/leaves. You have been very busy doing all your cards so quickly... love the butterfly with the bling also like the way the embossing looks like you matched up the green and tan papers.

Raquel, your card is so adorable with that little fish with those big lips..

Donna, cute Christmas card with the glittered snowflakes but my favorite of the 2 cards is the Pink Paisley and love the way your bow turned out so cute.

Sandy, Congrats on winning the cute digi and it was a perfect fit for your card. On your Sketch 1 the ad colors went so well with this card and that cute free digi. It looks yummy... making me hungry for ice cream during an ice storm (in Ohio) now Sandy that is doing something. BigGrin

Dragonfly, Cute Easter cards love the word art welded together and the embossing looks wonderful.
 2 users thanked Nancy J. for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 2/22/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 2/24/2013(UTC)
britishgirl Offline
#90 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:47:55 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Ok i borrowed Raquel's idea about the Precious Moments i really love them and i found a bunch of precious moments coloring pages the can be printed and colored as well this one is just copied from google thanks raquel for the idea. I think i have all the ad colors in here its very simple but i like it
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_1280.JPG
 3 users thanked britishgirl for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/22/2013(UTC), Dragonfly50 on 2/22/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 2/22/2013(UTC)