Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cathy_952346ca5360 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:07:55 PM(UTC)
cathy_952346ca5360

Groups: Registered

I just got a Windows Surface Pro (i5 Intel Celeron with 64GB hard drive) today. Only 2 devices would work, the Samsung ATIV, and the Microsoft Surface Pro. The surface RT is truly a tablet whereas the other devices mentioned are truly netbooks with tablet capability. After a few steps we were able to get Craft Room to cut with my E2.

Installed Craft Room as a PC on the page
Right click on the shortcut
Click on properties and change the compatability to run as Windows 7 and check "run as administrator" at the bottom.
Click on apply and ok
This should allow you to open Craft Room, but you may have to update flash as well. There is another warning window that pops up, just click yes (there are other topics that cover this).

To get the E2 to recognize, connect the USB port and turn on your machine. Initially the driver was not recognizing. It shows up labeled as Gadget Serial v2.4

Go to the Devices and Printers menu.
Click the troubleshooting option for the Gadget device, and choose the option to browse for the driver.
Select the Program Files(x86)/Cricut-Craft Room/Drivers folder.

Have not tried to connect with the E2 via WiFi, but I imagine you still need a USB connection to cut. As others have found, so long as there is an internet connection, I can edit layers in Craft Room.
maryoconnor131301ec54a8 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 1:12:02 PM(UTC)
maryoconnor131301ec54a8

Groups: Registered

I just got a Windows Surface(non Pro), i'm unable to download the cricut craftroom. I tried to "run as administrator" and still got the error message that it cannot be downloaded. I also couldn't find how to change the capabilities to windows 7, i'm currently running windows rt.

thanks for your helpBigGrin