Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

AmberH Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 8:00:02 AM(UTC)
AmberH

Groups: Registered

This is my first project, and I am attempting to make a "Happy Birthday" banner. I am wanting to use a black shadow with a different color letter glued to the front. What is the best way to do this. I use CCR. I am trying to stumble throug it, but I am getting so frusterated! Also, I am trying to make a pocket mickey mouse invitation. Any tip or tricks for doing this? I am having a hard time determining what size to make the invitation. Advice is welcomed! Thanks!
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 9:40:22 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 877 time(s) in 415 post(s)
Here is what I am working on for my great niece's birthday. I made the invitation a 5X7 and purchased the standard white envelopes for 5x7 at hobby lobby. I think they are referred to as A7 (not sure if that is the right#). If you wanted a fold card, just cut your paper 10X7 and fold in half. For the banner, I used my runner tape to attach the front and back layers. I used glitter glue around the cutout letters but wished I hadn't done that. Hole punched on each side of each flower and connected with a tied piece of ribbon. There are endless possibilites for making banners but for time sake I kept this one pretty simple Hope this helps

The type of glue I use varies. As a general rule to adhere photos to paper, I use a tape runner, to glue small to med size image layers together I use zig 2 way pens (I keep about 3 different sizes on hand for variety: fine tip, regular tip and wide tip), sometimes I will use my xron 1" or 5.5" sticker maker tape. If I am gluing embellishments, I will use thicker white glue or hot glue or even the glossy accents product. It is really trial and error I think and what you figure works best for you for any given project.

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2013 9:53:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana attached the following image(s):
IMG_5548 (Large).jpg
IMG_5549 (Large).JPG
IMG_5550 (Large).JPG
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
AmberH on 2/22/2013(UTC)
laurahunter Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 11:19:13 AM(UTC)
laurahunter

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 289 post(s)
Make sure there is the shadow function for the font you are trying to use, not all fonts have that option.
Sherri Kay Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 12:20:13 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2377 time(s) in 2130 post(s)
Or, if there is no shadow function on the cartridge you are using, just cut the same image out in black and a little larger than your top image and offset it a little. That looks nice too!