Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sandandsurf Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 10:12:31 AM(UTC)
sandandsurf

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
I am starting to think that for whatever reason cricut is intentionally messing up peoples gypsy when they try to update. Think about, everyones machines are fine until they "talk" to provo craft thru the internet. Maybe they could see down the road that it was going to cost them business in other areas. Maybe this was the best machine ever and they knew that couldnt come out with something better OR maybe they do have something better in mind and no one would buy it because they liked their gypsy too much. Anyway, it just seems to me that if they had the brains to make this machine they would have to knowledge to fix it (especially by now. I could see at first trying to figure out how to fix them but they have had enough time by now to fix them if they really wanted too!!! What do you all think?!
karlasweeney1 Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 11:24:59 AM(UTC)
karlasweeney1

I have to be honest, I was thinking the same thing all night last night when mine went crazy on the first update I've done in the year I've owned it. I was scared to update because of all the stuff I've heard, but had to because I got a bunch of new carts for Christmas. I just KNEW that was the end of my G.

BUT, I called this morning and they got me restored, fully updated and working fine. I did lose all my files, but I can live with that. (Didn't know to back them up elsewhere.) My carts were all still there so I'm good!

I still do wonder WHY they can't fix the G/CCR linking issue.......and some other lingering things.
sewnmachine Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 9:23:43 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Well, oddly enough, "Cricut Nathan" just posted an update a few days ago on the Cricut Chat thread. He said basically that there will certainly be a fix for the gypsy cart linking problem. They are in the final testing phase now, and want to get everything just right. Of course he didn't give a specific time frame, but it was way more specific than the usual "coming soon" response.

I just got a new computer about 3 weeks ago. I intentionally got a windows 7. Prior to installing Cricut Sync and CCR I did a few things;

I temporarily disabled my windows firewall
I temporarily disabled my antivirus (Avast)
I used windows Internet Explorer to do the download instead of Chrome(which I always use as my default browser).

I then installed CCR. And then went back and added the 2 "exceptions" to my antivirus.
I allowed Adobe Air to update
Installed the drivers

I installed Cricut Sync.

***** Above all I prayed there wasn't a full moon or an east wind blowing ******

To my astonishment, it all went through without even a hiccup. I did a sync on my Gypsy, I then plugged in my baby bug, updated the machine and cut a file. Next, I'll attempt an update of my Expression. The only machine I won't try is my Cricut Create - that's would just be borrowing trouble.

So..... it all CAN work. (refer to above about full moon/east wind)

bugmepeggy881d30b6 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 10:51:11 AM(UTC)
bugmepeggy881d30b6

Hi! I am just starting to get back into the gypsy and my cricut. Need to up grade. I am having trouble and I will be calling them on Tuesday. I hope all goes well. Good Luck to everyone.