Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LeahRenee Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:51:53 AM(UTC)
LeahRenee

Groups: Registered

I just purchased 50 states digital copy. If I would have known my son would have these projects for school I would have bought the cartridge. How do i figure out the sizing to cut the states out so they fit together. Like a map. I can't do them on one sheet cuz I need them kinda big. Thanks for your help
Khrista Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:02:47 AM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2507 time(s) in 1395 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LeahRenee Go to Quoted Post
I just purchased 50 states digital copy. If I would have known my son would have these projects for school I would have bought the cartridge. How do i figure out the sizing to cut the states out so they fit together. Like a map. I can't do them on one sheet cuz I need them kinda big. Thanks for your help

This might help:

http://www.scrapbookblog...tes-cricut-cartridge.php

1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
LeahRenee on 2/23/2013(UTC)
LeahRenee Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:15:33 AM(UTC)
LeahRenee

how do you do real dial size in CCR.
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 1:19:34 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8000 time(s) in 4676 post(s)
LeahRenee - When you have CCR open, go to the bottom of the screen (where the SHIFT key is) and you'll see an "Aa" button with another "Aa" button right beside it. When you hover over the keys, the left "Aa" should say RELATIVE, so you need to click on it to make sure it's activated. The other button, of course, is the Real Dial Size.

HOWEVER, if you want the puzzle pieces you place on the mat to all be proportioned with how ProvoCraft has these images, you will need to use RELATIVE DIAL SIZE. Unless there's something I don't know about this cartridge. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

How big do you want the puzzle pieces to be? Just curious. That might decide how you place them all on the mat, too. You will want to make sure the size typed in (at the bottom) is always the same for every piece you place on the mat. (I don't normally use that function, but you can).

Let's say you want each puzzle piece to be 5" big....then, you make sure 5.0 is typed in at the bottom (down where you see the SHIFT key) BEFORE you take each image to the mat.

I think you can only do so many layers on each project, so you may be naming multiple projects to get all your puzzle pieces cut out. I don't remember how many mat layers we can go up to.

HTH.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, February 23, 2013 1:27:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
LeahRenee on 2/23/2013(UTC)
LeahRenee Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 6:43:44 PM(UTC)
LeahRenee

Thanks. i watched a video and kept looking at her CCR and it wasn't looking like mine. then everywhere i read said the relative button was at the top. I did finally see it towards the bottom and happily got my son's maps cut out. I wish i would have thought about using 50 states for other projects. though I must say I am not happy that to use CCR i have to link my cartridges first. That is what i liked about Design studio
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:28:04 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Thanks. i watched a video and kept looking at her CCR and it wasn't looking like mine. then everywhere i read said the relative button was at the top. I did finally see it towards the bottom and happily got my son's maps cut out. I wish i would have thought about using 50 states for other projects. though I must say I am not happy that to use CCR i have to link my cartridges first. That is what i liked about Design studio

You don't have to link your cartridges to use them in CCR. Why do you have to do that? I have never linked a cartridge in CCR and I use them all the time. I don't mind inserting them when I'm ready to cut my projects.

I don't know why you think you HAVE to link them. I mean it doesn't hurt if you want to; but, it sounds like you're not happy that you have to.

Char
LauraEbeth Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:43:49 PM(UTC)
LauraEbeth

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)

you don't HAVE to link your cartridges to CCR to use them, however, it makes things way easier. I have all of my cartridges linked, so I can cut from multiple cartridges in one cut on one piece of paper or vinyl. it also means if I go to a crafting event, i don't have to take cartridges with meBigGrin
scrapalette Online
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:47:59 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18931 time(s) in 8447 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LauraEbeth Go to Quoted Post
you don't HAVE to link your cartridges to CCR to use them, however, it makes things way easier. I have all of my cartridges linked, so I can cut from multiple cartridges in one cut on one piece of paper or vinyl. it also means if I go to a crafting event, i don't have to take cartridges with meBigGrin

You can cut from multiple carts on one piece of paper and from different mat layers without linking your carts. When you finish a design and press CUT, CCR will prompt you to insert the unlinked carts {just like DS does} and then it will cut the entire design.

I used 8 carts {I think} in this design and cut all the images at one pass on red vinyl.

I do agree though that having carts linked to CCR does make it easier since you don't have to get all the carts and insert them.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:52:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/26/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:44:01 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Thanks for that idea, Scrapalette. I never thought about doing some layouts (for cards or whatever projects) using all the same colors (thus, using one paper) for all the images. I really like the look of this and like the idea of cutting all the mat layers at one time. I'll have to try that. - Char