Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
sewnmachine Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:39:21 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 352 time(s) in 236 post(s)
I've been reading posts about ladies wanting to clean out and/or purge their crafting stuff.

Since I got my first Cricut machine ( I now own 5!!!) I have also collected 85 cartridges (a few duplicates that came with the machines) and 7 digital.

I know there are crafters that have more and less than I do. I also seem to have a hoarding mentality when it comes to cartridges. There's always another and another and another. What's up with that?

So, I'll go first.

My name is Sewnmachine and I own 92 cartridges.

Edited by user Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:40:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
rhondah* on 3/14/2013(UTC)
Cricutgirlg Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:45:07 PM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 428 time(s) in 305 post(s)
I stopped counting after 200 carts. I sold most of my other machines, I only own my red E and my gypsy. I gifted my Cricut Create and a cart. to my son's school in Dec. I bought the carts, so I could make whatever I needed with my Cricut, it wasn't about hoarding for me just being able to cut what I wanted. I like my Cricut and I do have the other popular machine ( I used them both yesterday for one card), but I prefer my Cricut. I hope they iron things with this machine. Never say never Lisa Bearnson just jumped back in to selling scrapbooking stuff, so maybe PC will turn things around soon. I'd love to scrapbooking make a comeback.

Edited by user Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:49:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CrafteerMisadventures Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:47:32 PM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 528 time(s) in 373 post(s)
Hi, my name is Alicia and I have 102 Cartridges (4 digital)
sewnmachine Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 2:16:27 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Originally Posted by: Cricutgirlg Go to Quoted Post
I stopped counting after 200 carts. I sold most of my other machines, I only own my red E and my gypsy. I gifted my Cricut Create and a cart. to my son's school in Dec. I bought the carts, so I could make whatever I needed with my Cricut, it wasn't about hoarding for me just being able to cut what I wanted. I like my Cricut and I do have the other popular machine ( I used them both yesterday for one card), but I prefer my Cricut. I hope they iron things with this machine. Never say never Lisa Bearnson just jumped back in to selling scrapbooking stuff, so maybe PC will turn things around soon. I'd love to scrapbooking make a comeback.

cricutgirl,

ONE MACHINE and all those carts???? Don't you feel like you're livin a little bit close to the edge? I'm not trying to jinx you or anything, but...... I think you need at least one back up machine. I mean, one bad update and...game over.

oh - who's Lisa Bearnson?

Edited by user Sunday, February 24, 2013 2:17:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sewnmachine Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 2:19:53 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Originally Posted by: CrafteerMisadventures Go to Quoted Post
Hi, my name is Alicia and I have 102 Cartridges (4 digital)

How do you guys store them? I store my carts and my handbooks seperately. Nothin fancy though.

patricialewis@verizon.net Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 2:42:12 PM(UTC)
patricialewis@verizon.net

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 56 post(s)
hi
I have the expression, expression2 and the min. I gave the create to my grandson 3 carts
came E2, 3 digital and 118 cartridges
CrafteerMisadventures Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 2:42:38 PM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

United States

Was thanked: 528 time(s) in 373 post(s)
I'm really OCD so I keep them in their own box. I have a bookcase in my spare bedroom with them all in alphabetical order. Since they are all linked to my gypsy, I only take them out for a super quick cut, otherwise, I use my gypsy to cut. I have 2 expressions, a mini and a Cake.

Lisa Bearnson was the original owner of Creative Keepsakes magazine. She also had a series of mail order scrapbooking collectors cards. She had her own line of scrapbooking products, but left it to dedicate her time to family, or so I heard. She is back at HSN I believe, to promote new products.
patricialewis@verizon.net Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 2:43:13 PM(UTC)
patricialewis@verizon.net

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 56 post(s)
hi
I have the expression, expression2 and the min. I gave the create to my grandson 3 carts
came E2, 3 digital and 118 cartridges
LindainWA Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:08:06 PM(UTC)
LindainWA

United States

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 552 post(s)
I have just hit 300 carts. I have an imagine, a 5 yr old Expression, a new baby bug and the gypsy.

Other than the ones that came on the "G" and Smiley cards, I have only 1 digital - Snow Friends.

I will have another when I spend my $50 circle credit. Waiting for a good one though.

I store all of my books/overlays in large sterlite drawers and my carts in small sterlite drawers. So far works quite well as I no longer take my carts to crops/retreats unless someone needs to borrow one.
ottergirl Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:52:28 PM(UTC)
ottergirl

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Donna here. I have the baby bug and the E. I do have a spare E on the shelf in my husbands office closet. I have 65 carts. I like some of the new ones but not buying anything more to do with paper crafts. Been doing 4 35-40 page scrapbooks a year and lots and lots of cards for the last 6 years and I have been craving my beads. Want to do some beading, knitting and embroidery. I like doing things I can do in the same room where my DH is watching TV in the evening. I'm tired of being stuck in another room at night (unless I'm annoyed or crabby) which I hate to admit does happen sometimes. Blushing I won't give up my cricut & carts or my beautiful papers and embellishments because who knows how long this currant mood will last. Flapper

Edited by user Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:53:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling

melodylanedesigns Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 12:47:03 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1948 time(s) in 960 post(s)
I have all mine listed herethe ones with * are the ones I have not used yet, It's kinda sad I have that many, that I have not used. The digital ones do say digital after them and then I have CCR exclusives in it's own list under the regular cartridges. I am waiting for 2 cartridges I won too. Outdoor man and Creative Cards, then I have to renumber them all again.

Here is a link on how I store them.
Al Sposeto Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 2:58:07 AM(UTC)
Al Sposeto

Italy

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 40 post(s)
BigGrin I'm a newby by most standards. I have a 2 1/2 year old E, 2 Imagines, 2 Cuttle bugs, a Gypsy, and 105 carts. But I'm still adding.
Ciao Y'all
sewnmachine Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 3:30:43 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
I have all mine listed herethe ones with * are the ones I have not used yet, It's kinda sad I have that many, that I have not used. The digital ones do say digital after them and then I have CCR exclusives in it's own list under the regular cartridges. I am waiting for 2 cartridges I won too. Outdoor man and Creative Cards, then I have to renumber them all again.

Here is a link on how I store them.

Melody,

Love your blog and youtube videos ( I subscribe to both) Nice collection of carts. You can take the asterisk away from Jasmine now too - I think you just made an S fold card using that one. Beautiful!

PaperKrafter4Life Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:00:26 AM(UTC)
PaperKrafter4Life

United States

Was thanked: 202 time(s) in 152 post(s)
I was bitten by the cricut bug late in the game.......didn't get one till about 3 years ago. I have several E's my favorite, bought a couple large cake machines when they were $50 and a mini cake when they were $29 and have two baby bugs, and a black create from wally world. i love my cricuts I work with senior citizens doing cards and scrapbooking so use my machines. I have 186 cartridges and love them all, got almost all of them for cheap on ebay.........I wont ever pay store prices, I paid $13 for my Mickey Font and $19 for my Hello Kitty Greetings way back when. I use my gypsy that I got at Michaels for $19. Had it a while before I tackled learning it but love it now, have my carts all loaded and it is so easy to use. I spend alot of time making cards for our senior residents at work. they love getting handmade cards...........I also love cricuting with my granddaughters who love to do crafts with grandma. chirp chip happy cutting.

I wont buy the E2 or mini or go on CCR dont want to be hooked to a computer use them too much at work already...........just love hanging out in my studio and creating.

share your love of cricuting with others send someone a card, suprise them and oh how wonderful it makes one feel

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2013 6:02:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked PaperKrafter4Life for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting on 2/25/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:27:37 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2342 time(s) in 1258 post(s)
Until recently, I had 307 carts. Then, I sold 8 older carts but at the same time purchased 2 new carts and 4 digital full carts. I now have 305 carts.

I will be selling a bunch soon. I just have too many and quite frankly I am finding it distracting to have so many to choose from. I want to get down to about 50 of my favorites. I think it will make me much happier and more productive.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2013 11:52:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joyfullycrafting Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:39:24 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1488 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
I refuse to count my carts. LOL I think that is best no one really knows. Flapper

I do have an Expressions, a baby bug, and Imagine (that has worked beautifully straight out of the box!!!) and a Gypsy, which I LOVE. I am not particulary interested in using CCR as I don't want to be tied to my computer. And when I camp, there is not internet in the middle of the woods. I take my baby bug and my G camping and have a great time!!!
SueKracker Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:49:03 AM(UTC)
SueKracker

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
70 full carts, all kept in their boxes along with their books and keypad overlays. 17 solution carts, most in a Cricut storage binder along with thier tri-folds and keypad overlay's. 7 or 8 digital Cricut carts. I keep them on of all things, an old bar. I have the front side of the bar facing the wall, leaving the shelves exposed to the room, the carts are all on the top shelf like they're in a bookcase. My craft magazines and a few other things take up the shelves.

Then we go to the other side of the room and count the Imagine carts, 19 + 7 digital ones.

My Expression and Imagine sit side by side an 8" buffet table, my paper bins are underneeth the table. Other crafting tools, emblishments, etc, sit under that table.
sewnmachine Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 3:04:23 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
Until recently, I had 307 carts. Then, I sold 8 older carts but at the same time purchased 2 new carts and 4 digital full carts. I now have 305 carts.

I will be selling a bunch soon. I just have too many and quite frankly I am finding it distracting to have so many to choose from. I want to get down to about 50 of my favorites. I think it will make me much happier and more productive.

And you are probably right. You will be more productive. Even with just the carts I have, I can spend hours just mulling through the images before I choose one. Or worse.... mulling over them and then getting too distracted to even make a decision. Then I just resort to stamping.

I have all my handbooks loaded onto my Kindle Fire, and sometimes I will browse through them so maybe I can remember what has what images. But it's too much.

melodylanedesigns Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:34:42 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1948 time(s) in 960 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
Melody,

Love your blog and youtube videos ( I subscribe to both) Nice collection of carts. You can take the asterisk away from Jasmine now too - I think you just made an S fold card using that one. Beautiful!

Thanks so much! I did just go through my list again I took a few more off but also added * that I forgot to add when I added the cartridges. I love having them listed and linked to handbook. It makes it easy to find the handbook. When I'm in a store and not sure what ones I have I can access my blog with my phone.
DoodleDiva Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:19:26 PM(UTC)
DoodleDiva

United States

Was thanked: 1240 time(s) in 468 post(s)
I have well over 300. I quit counting when I reached that mark. I do have a pink E, Imagine, Cake and mini machine. I love using CCR as well and love all my machines. I quit purchasing carts when I bought another type machine that I can't mention here, and since we can get digital carts I will go that route.
Granny510 Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:42:14 PM(UTC)
Granny510

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I thought that I was bad, but not anymore after reading the previous messages. I have an Expression and an Expression 2. I gave the original cricut to my grandaughter and sold the create on E-bay. I have 81 cartridges. I don't buy those that I know I will never use like baby or wedding cartridges or Sesame street and very few MM. I love my cricut and use it everyday for scrapbooking.
Granny510
Godot's Girl Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 9:41:23 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2972 time(s) in 1784 post(s)
Hi! I have the Anniversary Edition Expression 2. My wonderful DH and equally wonderful sons bought it for me for Christmas 2011. My DH found it on Craig's List. A lady who had bought it from HSN just did not like it....she had an original Cricut, and 2 Expressions. She told DH it was just too hard to learn. It came with 4 pre-loaded cartridges on my E2, 2 pre-loaded on my Gypsy, and I have 105 physical ones, no digitals that I have purchased.

I have been very blessed to have received many of my carts, especially the Lite ones, as gifts from the parents of the children I teach my card classes to at my church. I have also received a few as gifts from family members, and friends. I have also purchased from EBay, and gotten great deals from there. And, I have purchased many used and some new carts from MB members. Early on, I paid too much for a couple carts, but I learned my lesson. I have an amount I stick to now, unless the cart is being purchased for a specific job, and I need it right away. I sell cards, and occasionally a customer will request a theme or image I just do not have, so I will have to buy a cart for that reason.

And, I use all my carts....yes, every one. If I find that I am not using a cart, I will try to use it specifically over a couple of weeks. If that does not work, then I sell it, thus why I just sold 3 of my Lite carts. Teaching the free card classes helps, kids get bored easily, so I am always using new images. And, I have a system to making cards at home. I have my carts in alphabetical order, with the carts that begin with numbers first. So, when I am just making cards to add to my stack of cards to sell I start with 3 Birds on Parade, and move on from there. I go through the handbook//tri-fold/page, and find at least one image with which to make a card. I usually already have a color combo in mind that I want to work with, so once I have that image, I build a card from there. Now, I do not always do this. If inspiration strikes, I go where that leads. But otherwise, it is a good way to make certain you are using your carts, and that you like them.

I have some of the older carts that I am considering selling now as well. Why? Well, ProvoCraft's technology and designs have advanced a great deal. Where once there was a very basic, simple bird cut, there is now a much more complex, multi-layered bird cut. The designs are better, which obviously makes my work better, which means I will use a newer cart more than an older one. This is not true of all my older carts, but I think it is true of a few of them. I will have to see what comes of giving them the opportunity to inspire me!

I recently posted my new storage for my carts...an old Samsonite hard shell suitcase. I have refurbished the inside. Now, I just need to paint the outside, for which I am still working on a design.

Sorry this is such a long post...it is just such a simple question, but very probative in it's answering. GG

Edited by user Monday, March 04, 2013 1:52:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jooniper Offline
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:35:25 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Somewhere I lost count. I told hubby last month I had 48. But when he made my spinning tower that I velcro them onto now, it was way more than 48, close to 53 and 1 digital I believe. BUT.... It is way more now as I just got 3 more carts this month and one more cart coming in the mail. LOL

Then I got the 2 digital carts I won from the Extreme Fonts contest.

So, somewhere over 60?? LOL
ladybugstamper Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:33:20 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Hi!
I started out as a rubber stamper with all that goes with that hobby, and I was introduced to the Red Sizzix and all the dies that go with it. I liked making my own die cuts with paper colors of my choice and it was good for my hands. Then I was gifted with the O-Bug and eventually I had a dozen cartridges. I was sure I had all the cartridges I would ever need.

Then I got Design Studio,

which led to an Expression,

which led to the Cricut Forums,

which led to a Cuttlebug, because you have to emboss those Cricut cuts, and 100+ folders, plus it uses the existing collection of Sizzix dies that I already have

which led to You Tube, so I could do more with what I have

which led to a Gypsy,

which led a Cricut Cake full size,

which led to CCR,

which led to the Circle,

which led to 185 cartridges (a mix of free cartridges, free on the Gypsy, some digitals from the $50, Solution Cartridges, Lite Cartridges, Project/Event Cartridges, Font Cartridges, Shape Cartidges).

Today I am sure I have all the cartridges and machines I will ever need, but tomorrow is another day. HahaLOL
 2 users thanked ladybugstamper for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 2/26/2013(UTC), joyfullycrafting on 2/26/2013(UTC)
cheryl d Offline
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:41:44 AM(UTC)
cheryl d

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
i have 2 E's . sold my cake E. and 124 carts(physical)i store them in snapware containers. had a G.
carennewman Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:20:16 PM(UTC)
carennewman

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 107 post(s)
I have the baby bug, expression, expression 2, the G and 124 carts. No digitals.
KelleyRooks Offline
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:50:51 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
I have an E, E2, and I - gifted my other E and baby bug. I have over 200 cartridges, but I am going to gift a few to friends that I don't use and thin my collection and just keep what I really use.
Ireland Offline
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:32:49 PM(UTC)
Ireland

Was thanked: 262 time(s) in 193 post(s)
I have an Imagine and Pink E + gypsy. I just recently took my carts from their boxes (storage wise hah) and stored them in a snapware bin, so I had to count them bc I needed to number each cartridge, grand total was 102, then I went on a spending spree for Imagine carts and am up to 115 now.
janeshepherd Offline
#29 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 9:10:23 PM(UTC)
janeshepherd

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I have 2 expressions, one baby bug, the large cake machine, the imagine and a gypsy.
I own 113 physical carts, 10 digital (5 free from my gypsy).

I have a rule that I follow before I purchase a cartridge. I have to be able to think of 5 projects that I would use that cart for. That saves me buying a cart just to have it.

I store all my carts in their original boxes.

BJR Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 1:38:30 PM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I'm over 200- but I mentally forgetting how many- I wonder if that's a good excuse for more? BJR.