Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

martinalynn.blair818eb635 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 9:45:33 AM(UTC)
martinalynn.blair818eb635

Groups: Registered

I installed craft room to my new windows 8 laptop. I changed the compatibility to windows 7 as suggested .. got a little excited when it finally stopped INITIALIZING, only to get bummed out again when I got the error message while the drivers were installing. 4-0x66 error came up. I'm seriously ready to sell both of my cricuts. 4 different computers and the cricut I.T department cant keep up with todays interface. im disgusted.
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 9:36:01 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: martinalynn.blair818eb635 Go to Quoted Post
I installed craft room to my new windows 8 laptop. I changed the compatibility to windows 7 as suggested .. got a little excited when it finally stopped INITIALIZING, only to get bummed out again when I got the error message while the drivers were installing. 4-0x66 error came up. I'm seriously ready to sell both of my cricuts. 4 different computers and the cricut I.T department cant keep up with todays interface. im disgusted.

Hello! The error you are receiving is easily fixed. Please right click on the Craft Room icon and select Run As Administrator. This will fix the driver error you are receiving.

-Cricut Gena
dawn.broeker8accfd56 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:29:08 AM(UTC)
dawn.broeker8accfd56

I am having the same problem. Just tried to run as administrator and that didn't work either! I'm so frustrated. Like you, I have a desktop computer that it will work sometimes on and other times it won't. Bought a brand new laptop thinking it will work perfectly with that, and NOPE! I have so many projects I need to get done and my machine doesn't want to work! Really thinking about selling and just say the heck with it all!
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 2:28:31 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7900 time(s) in 3703 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dawn.broeker8accfd56 Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem. Just tried to run as administrator and that didn't work either! I'm so frustrated. Like you, I have a desktop computer that it will work sometimes on and other times it won't. Bought a brand new laptop thinking it will work perfectly with that, and NOPE! I have so many projects I need to get done and my machine doesn't want to work! Really thinking about selling and just say the heck with it all!

If you've changed the compatibility mode to Windows 7 and are running it as an administrator and its still not working, it could be you antivirus program blocking it. Which one are you using?