Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

susanrpowers9419f12c99 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 10:40:40 AM(UTC)
susanrpowers9419f12c99

Groups: Registered

I bought the CE2 back in early November & never got to actually sit down & use it until this past weekend. I have the smaller Cricut that I loved until I used it so much it quit working. When I was shopping around, the CE 2 was one that I thought I would like. Well, I have to say, I am quite frustrated. After finally syncing the machine to my computer & getting the software downloaded on it, I thought I was good to go. I was able to pick my image, size it, etc. When I told it to cut, it cut it, but not all the way thru the cardstock. I tried several kinds of card stock & it wouldn't cut thru any of those. Even a plain piece of copy paper, it want cut through. I am pretty frustrated at this point. Has anyone else had any issues with their machine? I have changed the blade, even put extra fibers on my mat in hopes that might clear the issue up. Nope, none of those worked. I don't know what to do.

Susan
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:02:32 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: susanrpowers9419f12c99 Go to Quoted Post
I bought the CE2 back in early November & never got to actually sit down & use it until this past weekend. I have the smaller Cricut that I loved until I used it so much it quit working. When I was shopping around, the CE 2 was one that I thought I would like. Well, I have to say, I am quite frustrated. After finally syncing the machine to my computer & getting the software downloaded on it, I thought I was good to go. I was able to pick my image, size it, etc. When I told it to cut, it cut it, but not all the way thru the cardstock. I tried several kinds of card stock & it wouldn't cut thru any of those. Even a plain piece of copy paper, it want cut through. I am pretty frustrated at this point. Has anyone else had any issues with their machine? I have changed the blade, even put extra fibers on my mat in hopes that might clear the issue up. Nope, none of those worked. I don't know what to do.

Susan

Hello Susan! Please call customer Service at 877-7cricut. We would be happy to assist you!

-Cricut Gena
Happishay Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:21:51 PM(UTC)
Happishay

Was thanked: 229 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Yes I had issues with learning my machine at first! Switching from E1 to E2 was hard. Not being able to just turn the dial and set the blade depth, learning all of the settings! It is a definite learning curve!!!! Make sure your depth is at a 5 or 6 ! I have found the the E2 needs a stronger pressure as well! If all else fails, something could be wrong because the new machine cuts like a dream :) and it really, really likes Cricut Craft Room !
Soshescraps Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:54:03 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1108 time(s) in 878 post(s)
I really do enjoy my E2. Make sure your blade housing is set to at least 4 and that the blade depth is 5. You can also put it on multi cut. Do you still have your handbook that came with the video? You maybe able to search it for instructions on changing the cut settings.

If that doesn't work then give PC a call since that is a new machine and still should be under warranty.

hth