Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

melissa_ricketts1df23534 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:18:52 PM(UTC)
melissa_ricketts1df23534

Groups: Registered

Blushing I got my E2 machine for Christmas and am loving it. However, as I am looking for cartridges to buy, I keep coming across Imagine cartridges. I read that the E2 takes them, but what do they do. The description say something about printing. Has anyone used them in an E2 machine? Feedback, please.

Melissa
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:22:52 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
There are two types of Imagine carts. . .the Art carts and the Colors/Patterns carts. The Art carts have images that will cut on your E2. You can separate the images {because they were designed for the Imagine} to cut the various layers.

The Colors/Patterns carts are the ones that have the colors and patterns that will print with the Imagine. The Colors/Patterns carts will not work with your E2.
Godot's Girl Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:32:50 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2982 time(s) in 1792 post(s)
You can use the Imagine carts in the E2 in the smaller cart slot that is provided. However, the E2 cannot print anything, only the Imagine does that. So, the paper that is available on the Imagine carts is unavailable when used on the E2. You are able to cut out the images on the Imagine carts using the E2, however, remember you will only get the most basic outline shapes, again, no printing of anything. So, though the Imagine carts are usable in the E2, they are a lot less useful than they are in the Imagine itself. I do not have an Imagine, but do have the E2. I have 1 Imagine cartridge....Country Carnival. The font on it has shapes that the basic outline of produces a usable cut. Again, I cannot make the paper, as the E2 does not print. I only paid $8 for this cart though, so I figured it was a good deal! I hope I am not confusing you further, and that I have been of some assistance. Enjoy your machine, and happy crafting. GG
melissa_ricketts1df23534 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 8:43:00 PM(UTC)
melissa_ricketts1df23534

Thank you both for your help. I really liked the Blast Off Cartridge for the Imagine, but I am not sure if I would like it without the extras.
Rice Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:09:05 PM(UTC)
Rice

Was thanked: 90 time(s) in 81 post(s)
If you are familiar with Cricut Craft Room (CCR), you can play around with the cartridge and see what shapes you can actually cut. (You can design with them on the screen, but you can only cut them if you own the cartridge.) Some of them work ok, but others are more like a rough outline that is mostly unrecognizable without the printed graphics. Also, my E2 will not cut Imagine images through CCR which I use for all my designing and cutting. When I use an Imagine cartridge I have to cut directly from the E2 (which I barely remember how to doWink).

That said, I do have most of the Imagine Art cartridges, but only because I got really good deals on them and there were enough images I thought I could use to justify the purchase.

The Blast Off cartridge has mostly usable shapes including the font.
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:51:53 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
You can cut the different layers of the images on Imagine carts. You just need to separate them first. Then, you get all the parts that you cut from your choice of colors of regular pattern paper or card stock and glue the pieces together to make the whole image.