Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Still Learning Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:15:50 AM(UTC)
Still Learning

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Is anyone else having this problem? I have not used the DS for awhile, went to update the cartridges, found the new link, downloaded carts and then tried to open DS. The opening screen of DS freezes up on Straight from the Nest. It says there was an error encountered. So I deleted this cart by going into my C drive. Started DS again and it froze on the next cart Storybook. Any ideas, suggestions, fixes? So frustrated. Thanks for any help.Mad
MaryStillman Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 9:31:21 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
I have not ued Design Studio in a bit, but did tested it and it did open fine. Once I was in DS I was able to open Straight from the Nest and drag things onto the mat. I think the last time I updated DS was a while ago, but I'll download the latest font and install and see if it causes any problems.

I'll probably back-up the current fonts first incase there is a problem.

After I do that, I'll let you know if I have a problem.

Otherwise, have you called customer service yet?

Mary
teginderravi1b87d92a Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:36:59 AM(UTC)
teginderravi1b87d92a

First of all fully uninstall your DS from your system and then restart it after finishing that follow following steps.

DON'T install DS from the original cd. It is the original version from 2007 and isn't compatible with Windows Vista 64 bit or Windows 7 and chances are your new computer is running one of those.
It also doesn't contain any of the new program updates and you'd need to update it anyway. But don't throw it away as you need the serial number from the cd envelope!
  • Disable your computer's Firewall and virus software
    Download the program update from here.

http:// myfaqcricutds. blogspot. com/2010/04/downloading-and-installing-ds-updates. html

• After you have downloaded the Program update you need to install it.
    Once DS has installed it will take you to the activation screen.
    Some DS users have been able to use the serial number from the original DS disk to activate.

However, if after using that serial number you get an error message saying that your serial number has been installed on another computer you will need to contact Provocraft customer service. They will release the number from your other computer so you can use it on your new computer.
You may need proof of purchase.