Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cavwife1 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:02:23 PM(UTC)
Cavwife1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well I finally got the Cricut Expression I wanted, although used, I love it. It was plug_and_play right out of the box, after getting a new blade and mat. I wanted one when the personal cutter was introduced but it was not in my budget>>> (forward) several years later budget states ok Cricut availableCool! I explained to DH what it does before I explained why I wanted it, all he heard was Scrapbook... "You don't even scrapbook or even have one", me to him "I have two scrapbooks, one is in progress (ex-MIL bought me 15 years ago) and the other is brand new"! So I went on the the Cricut Website and read off what they all do and explained that I wanted the Expression (not E2) for vinyl wall decor, that we have spent loads of money on, and I could find one for a decent price, he said ok fine. One week later I was playing with my new to me 'Plum' Cricut Expression, knowing it was used, I wanted to try the blade that came with it and see what happened- horrible- next day new blades and mats, I was off and cutting. The first two things I made were for a friend of ours daughters, I cut out their names and pasted them on cute pages- they were so happy and he could see how happy it made me to make it and give it to them.

I love vinyl wall decor whether words or pictures, I think it makes a room. We have spent quite a bit on vinyl wall decor due to him being in the Military and we have had to move every three years, every time I put up vinyl decor and try to take it down, it tears so once I explained to him that I could do this with a Cricut- he was all for it.

I have read several forums about the E2, some love it and some don't based on what I have read I did not want to connect to my computer, I wanted the option of having a stand alone or connecting, and as much as I love my touch screen phone, I am not ready for in crafting. Maybe one day.

I do love the ideas from here and the tips on mat cleaning and recycling. I have ordered 4 more cartridges (mine came with Don Juan) that I cannot wait to try out. I am sure I will have lots of questions but so far I use the videos from here and youtube, which is a huge help, but I will ask when I come across something.

Traci
 1 user thanked Cavwife1 for this useful post.
Sing&Scrap on 2/26/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:09:31 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Welcome! Hope you have as much fun with your CRICUTS as I do with mine....that's what mine are for; just for fun. I had never made a handmade card in my life....but when I saw the infomercial for the Expression in 2006, I fell in love with it. TWO years later, much as you did, I said it was okay to SPLURGE (I had retired in 2005).....! Two Expressions (my first is still running great...the other is a backup; I panicked) and a MINI later I am using both machines in CCR. I love CCR. I hardly have any problems with CCR and my machines. The only time I do, I think the site is down. When I come back a few hours later, it's working again. This has honestly only happened a couple of times. 99% Of the time, CCR works perfectly, works efficiently, gives me great cuts.....the whole ball of wax.

There are plenty on here who love their E2's, also, and they use them in CCR.

Come back often; post your projects! We love new inspiration here.

Char
Sherri Kay Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:07:35 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2413 time(s) in 2165 post(s)
FYI - the E2 can be used as a standalone or connected to your computer to use CCR. I just thought I'd let you know that. I use mine all the time and have had no problems with it. Smile