Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sthtxgrl Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:17:24 AM(UTC)
sthtxgrl

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have a project I have been working on. I've cut a sample out of paper and it worked great. Today I started to cut the same project from vinyl and my welds won't stay. I tried to ungroup to make sure it says that it is welded then grouped again. I do not know if I have done something wrong. Please help. I am wasting vinyl.

HeatherConfused
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:39:58 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 999 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello! If you are using Cricut Craft Room, the only requirement to weld images together is that yo uhave them touching. The exception to that rule is if you click the box that says that you do not want to weld the images. I hope this helps.

-Cricut Gena
sthtxgrl Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:29:50 PM(UTC)
sthtxgrl

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for the help, but no that does not help my situation. I know how to weld, in the ccr and on the gypsy. It's just not working on the ccr on a project I've saved. It's worked before when I've cut the project but now it is not. It is cutting the letters separately. It's very frustrating.
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:16:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sthtxgrl Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the help, but no that does not help my situation. I know how to weld, in the ccr and on the gypsy. It's just not working on the ccr on a project I've saved. It's worked before when I've cut the project but now it is not. It is cutting the letters separately. It's very frustrating.

I would do this:

UNGROUP and UNWELD all images you have welded together. Move them into each other again and REGROUP. SAVE.

AND, if that doesn't work, then I would start the project on a new mat. (Not the same project, but on a new one and you can rename it the same with a one or two after it, until you delete the other one). YOU CAN COPY/PASTE the whole project (if there are more than one mat layers) all at once by opening ALL the green eyes, placing your cursor in the most upper right hand corner of ALL the images and holding that left click down, drag the handles/blue box all the way to the right lower most corner of ALL the images.

ACtually, it might be best to do this first....to go up FILE to select NEW and when the mat comes up, select the same amount of tabs you have on the project you are duplicating and OPEN all the green eyes. Now, go back and click off the handles/box and left click to get the COPY/PASTE menu and hit COPY. Now go to the new project you have already named and pull it up on the screen. Left click to get the PASTE menu and PASTE. Give it some time if you have a lot of images on the project.

Personally, I think it might be best just to pull all the images up on the new mat one at a time, since there seems to be something gone wrong with the weld on your project. BUT, I would try COPY/PASTE first if you have a lot of images. There might just be something wrong with that mat.....who knows? Maybe there was some kind of glitch on your end when you were creating that project and/or after you printed one out.

I have never tried doing this with multiple mat layers, but I have a feeling it will work. I have had to COPY/PASTE a few images to a new mat (only once) since the mat I was using didn't seem to do anything I needed it to do.

Char

Char

While CCR saves for you after so long a time (nine minutes, I think), I always just go ahead and SAVE for myself.

Hope something helps you; let us know.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:28:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified