Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sandymckinless779ca463 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:01:13 AM(UTC)
sandymckinless779ca463

Groups: Registered

Hi, the power supply has died in my cricut and I am desperately chasing a new cord. Being an American machine, and living in Australia, I am having heaps of trouble locating one. I have seen all the ones on ebay, but they all mostly have bad feedback about them, with overheating, etc. Can someone please advise on where I could get one. Have tried Cricut, but out of stock and Amazon won't post here. Thanks.
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:57:59 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sandymckinless779ca463 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, the power supply has died in my cricut and I am desperately chasing a new cord. Being an American machine, and living in Australia, I am having heaps of trouble locating one. I have seen all the ones on ebay, but they all mostly have bad feedback about them, with overheating, etc. Can someone please advise on where I could get one. Have tried Cricut, but out of stock and Amazon won't post here. Thanks.

How desperate are you time wise? I'll be over there in April for 2 weeks and could bring it back for you. (Assuming you can find one).

Another option is to join Aussie Mates on Facebook and ask Terri if she could help you out. Terri owns an online s/booking business in the US and is always happy to find stuff for us and send it over. Her prices are great too.

If you don't do Facebook Terri's website address is http://stampsalive.blogspot.com.au/ and her email address is stampsalive@cox.net

She'd probably be happy for you to order the power supply and have it sent to her. She'll then send it on to you. She generally just charges the actual Postage and handling fees.

I'd also be happy to lend you one of mine while you wait. But, you might also want to try a laptop power supply. The power supply from my Asus laptop and my old Toshiba laptop both work with my Original Cricut and my Expression.

Edited by user Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:18:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Ireland on 2/28/2013(UTC)
sherrynorvielef9315dd Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 3:12:07 PM(UTC)
sherrynorvielef9315dd

Groups: Registered

We hadand a power outage and my cricut died tried the above recommendation about trying the Toshiba power supply worked like a charm thanks