Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Darkestdreams_75def394 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:07:13 AM(UTC)
Darkestdreams_75def394

Groups: Registered

My wonderful boyfriend bought me the Cricute Expression 2 for Christmas. I never really "used" it. I played around with it a few times...just cutting something basic out here and there. I am participating in a swap and thought to myself, I should use my cricut...this will be sooo much easier than hand cutting. I cut out a whole 12X12 sheet of 1inch numbers...they all cut except for the last 6...they weren't cut all the way through. I then tried to cut out the shadows and it did not go well. It didn't cut all the way through. I have tried different speed/pressure settings. I have tried multiple brands of cardstock and patterned paper and wasted them all because it won't cut all the way through the paper. I have taken out the blade and cleaned out the housing in case there were any paper fibers caught. I have searched online and no one really knows the answer. It could be the blade, but I had only used it to cut out about 4or5 shaped previously. If the blade is the problem I'm going to be very dissapointed as it seems like it will have to be replaced quite frequently. I'm hoping that someone else has had this problem and knows what's going on. Thank you so much in advance for any help that you can give me!!
Kristan
Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:42:30 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 483 time(s) in 370 post(s)
It could very well be the blade, no need in being disappointed its happened to lots of people where the blade was faulty when they first opened the box..that said just call Provo Craft and they might send you a new blade. I had the same blade in my Expression for over a year and i use my machine atleast 3 or 4 times a week if not more. But like anything else sometimes we get something that doesnt last as long. Is your mat clean and sticky? It could be the mat, is the paper flat down to the mat? You may need to to do a multi cut have you tried that?
Darkestdreams_75def394 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 6:04:22 PM(UTC)
Darkestdreams_75def394

Thanks, I called customer service and the woman I spoke to was great. We tried all kinds of different things. She's sending me a new blade housing as she thinks that may be the problem. She told me when it gets here to try it out and if it doesn't work to call her back and we'll take it from there. She was so patient and helpful.
jeanquinn30721008c Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 1:58:10 PM(UTC)
jeanquinn30721008c

Hi . I am having the same trouble and have almost given up hope of ever being able to cut out fancy shapes and borders from my Ribbons and Rossettes cartridge/ Also, my cricut Expresson 2
was cutting basic shapes just fine, then the mat slipped,machine shudderd for a moment. I unloaded mat, reloaded and now the cuts will not go all the way through.
I tried another blade but no difference.
All my settings are on max but pressure doen not seem to be working?? Help? Please! Blushing Confused