Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kimberlydennistyler1e755a8f Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 7:10:13 AM(UTC)
kimberlydennistyler1e755a8f

Groups: Registered

Hello, First time posting but I just started using my Cricut and I wanted to make the baby shoe favor using the artiste cartridge. I have the Expression machine and according to the Book for artiste the dimensions are listed in both inches and centimeters. How can I make the standard 4" shoe as it would be made using the cartridge but make it on the design studio. The book states to set the machine to 4" when using the cartridge. Perfect it works but I would like to be able to use the studio to conserve paper and shift the images around.The issue lies with the dimensions. They need to be specific for each piece because they all fit together. When I simply drag the image to the cutting board the pieces come out too small. But if I put in the dimensions listed in the book I can either only use inches or centimeters, not both. And it comes out a mess. ANY help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Eleanor Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 9:32:05 AM(UTC)
Eleanor

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Welcome. I don't have the Artiste cartridge but at the front of the cartridge book it explains real dial size. Make sure it is off. In design Studio this means the button saying Real Size is not selected.

Choose the size you want for the main piece. All the matching pieces will then be the correct size when you put them on the mat in design Studio.

Narelle from this board has a great tutorial for Design Studion. Address is myfaqcricutds.blogspot.com.

She has everything you need to know about Design Studio.

Good luck.

Eleanor