Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

craft-mommy Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 2:07:56 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Few more question's Blushing

Okay, I just now learned how to weld 2-items to each other *yay* me BigGrin now they are not matching up when I fold them closed ThumbDown what am I doing wrong Sad and do I need the cart to cut the file? I tryed to cut something but its telling me to put in the cart so does that mean I wont be able to cut unless I have that cart?
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 2:39:39 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 944 time(s) in 469 post(s)
I'm not sure I am following your problem of folding and not matching. Are you welding an image together to make a card?

As to the cart - yes you have to have the cart owned, borrowed or shared in your machine or linked to your ccr account that is connected to your machine or linked to a gypsy that is connected to your machine or have purchased and downloaded a cart in digital form to your ccr account.

Glad to see another Okie on here.

oops forget almost everthing I just said. I didn't realize you were using design studio. You have to have the phyical cart inserted into your machine to cut that's the only option. Not sure which machine you have but ds does not work with E2, mini or imagine. It works with the original E and some of the smaller machines and I think the cake (not sure bout that one) I hope you have the E cause it works great with that one. I used to use ds exclusively until ccr and I only own an E

Edited by user Friday, March 01, 2013 2:46:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

craft-mommy Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 2:48:59 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Olivia'sNana Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure I am following your problem of folding and not matching. Are you welding an image together to make a card?

As to the cart - yes you have to have the cart owned, borrowed or shared in your machine or linked to your ccr account that is connected to your machine or linked to a gypsy that is connected to your machine or have purchased and downloaded a cart in digital form to your ccr account.

Glad to see another Okie on here.

Yes, I want to make a shape card and when I weld the shapes to each other I cut it out and try and fold it but the shapes are not matching up like one side will be a little off from the other side (I hope this helps)

Yeah, born in Oklahoma & lived here all my life.

I'm glad to hear now that I have to own the cart for it to cut the file from the Design Studio.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 2:57:38 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Yeah, born in Oklahoma & lived here all my life.
]

Me too!

Ok it's been a while since I did much with ds but lets see if I can help. place 2 images on your virtual mat. click on the first one and look up at the top and note what the x & y cordinates are. click on your second image and hard type in those exact coordinates. Now both images should be on top of each other exactly. do not click off the one you just moved and somewhere there should be a "flip". If you see that click flip and it will flip your second image and it will remain lined up vertically with the bottom layer.Using your down arrow key, move the flipped image down until it touches the bottom and link. highlight both and move to adjust placement on your mat if necessary Work with this concept and in the meantime I will load my design studio and see for sure what exactly I am trying to explain to you. Like I said, it's been a while.

Olivia'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 3:24:46 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

ok place 2 images (separately, where they are independent of each other) on your mat and flip one of them. If you want your card welded l/r fold make sure the x coordinates are the same for both. if you want the card to top fold, flip and rotate 180deg (click 90 twice). Then use your left/right arrow keys or up/down arrow keys to place the weld where you want and then weld. to keep them in perfect alignment the x or y coordinates have to be the same depending on top or side fold. Turn and flip options are in the same tool box as the welding. I hope this helps. Let me know if this is clear as mud or if it helps you out

Edited by user Friday, March 01, 2013 3:35:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 4:24:03 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
Some times, the images are not symetrical. . .even though they may look it. So Make sure you're matching the same "sides" of the image together.