Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jenna Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 8:15:21 AM(UTC)
Jenna

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello All!!

I'm trying to get my head around my options with Craft Room. I would like to create my design in Craft Room, sync to my Gypsy and cut with my Gypsy.

So here are my questions:

1. Do I have to link my cartridges to Craft Room as well as my Gypsy?
2. Do most of you set up a folder on your PC for Craft Room exports and save your projects there?
3. Then with Cricut sync I can navigate to that project folder?
4. I see in Craft Room it says Gypsy Sync coming soon. Any "news" or rumblings on when that will happen?

Thanks so much!
Jenna
KimB Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 10:40:13 PM(UTC)
KimB

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi, sorry I can't answer all your questions but I do know the latest answer to question #3.

Under Cricut Chat, Nathan posted, "These are not the answers you are looking for".
I can understand that Gypsy linking has been a much requested feature and the wait has been frustrating. This is a frustrating issue for us as well as we have been working hard to resolve the issue. We want to be able to say “it is working!” but we can’t do that quite yet.

We are however very, very close. We have a solution and have started the testing phase. This testing will take time because we want to be as thorough as possible. We don’t have an exact time frame of when we will be able to release this, but we want to make sure that everyone will be able to access content on Gypsy and in Cricut Craft Room.

We are almost there.

Good luck.
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 11:30:02 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jenna Go to Quoted Post
Hello All!!

I'm trying to get my head around my options with Craft Room. I would like to create my design in Craft Room, sync to my Gypsy and cut with my Gypsy.

So here are my questions:

1. Do I have to link my cartridges to Craft Room as well as my Gypsy?

If you link your cartridges through your CCR a/c then they will automatically be linked to your Gypsy the next time you connect it to Cricut Sync. However, if you link it to the Gypsy first, currently it won't be linked to your CCR account.

2. Do most of you set up a folder on your PC for Craft Room exports and save your projects there?

If you want to export your CCR projects to the Gypsy then yes, you will need somewhere on your computer to save them to. It can be the desktop or a folder that you create.

3. Then with Cricut sync I can navigate to that project folder?

The Gypsy doesn't quite work like that. You create your project in CCR, export it to your computer.

Then you connect your Gypsy to Cricut Sync and copy the saved files over to the Gypsy.

4. I see in Craft Room it says Gypsy Sync coming soon. Any "news" or rumblings on when that will happen?

What KimB said! Smile

Thanks so much!
Jenna