Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Heather R...mousemomma Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 8:43:05 PM(UTC)
Heather R...mousemomma

Groups: Registered

Hi. This is my first post. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or knows how to fix it.

I got my Yourstory a while back and tried laminating a few things and it worked fine (except for some of the pouches wrinkling). I recently needed to use it again and when I push the power button on, the binding option lights up also, or I turn it on and push the laminate button, but before it heats up it sets back to bind. I keep pushing the laminate button until it stays. Then it lets me laminate once or twice and will either shut off or switch back to bind. This ruins my project and wastes the pouches. Is there to fix this (without using my hammer)?
Sherri Kay Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 10:43:08 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2381 time(s) in 2134 post(s)
I've never had this happen with my YourStory. You'll probably need to give PC a call. Smile
MamaC Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 4:00:09 AM(UTC)
MamaC

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1541 time(s) in 640 post(s)
I have had problems with two YourStory machines.

The first machine would bind, but would not laminate at all! It was still under warranty. I called PC and was sent a new machine. I was told to trash the old one.

The second machine, I ran a small project wrap through and it wrapped around the bar inside the machine. I called PC and was told how to remove the bottom of the machine and unwrap the project from around the bar. The lamination has been working great ever since.

I have found that the 'stiffer' laminating film works better than the softer. I haven't had anything wrinkle using the "Scotch" brand that is sold at Walmart (after I used the film that came with the machine)

Call PC. They are a great group to work with and will go out-of-the-way to get your problem resolved, esp, if the machine is still under warranty.