Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Wendyandleroycf35514e Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 1:38:00 PM(UTC)
Wendyandleroycf35514e

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
anyone know how to get the sync to work?
got craft room installed for EX2 on windows 8,every time I hit cut it fires up cuts for a few seconds then looses connection.
Tried several times to download the Cricut Sync & it keeps telling me it failed to connect to Bridge.

So frustrated with this whole Cricut thing, bought it a couple months ago to make baby shower invites & decorations & had nothing but problems. I bought the EX2 because it didn't need a computer, since my computer had gone belly up months ago I was excited to un package my EX2 & go at it. It's been so temperamental I gave up using it. Finally bought a new computer & was excited to try out the craft room & give this thing another go. The first night I had it hooked up & craft room installed it worked great. Designed my project, cut a sheet out, wonderful, or so I thought. Tried to cut some more out the next day & every time I hit cut it cuts for a second then looses connection. Un plugged & re plugged it in numerous times & the same thing happens, starts cutting then quits.

It'd be in the trash pile by now if I hadn't spent so much on it, & gone all out & bought a bunch of expensive cartridges & everything I could possibly need to start crafting. All a bust!
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 2:32:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8023 time(s) in 4685 post(s)
Wendy - Could it be your connection with the USB cord? Why don't you unplug the USB from your hard drive and shutdown you computer completely. Turn it off at the power cord or unplug it from the wall. Do the same thing with your CRICUT...unplug from the wall.

Plug your CRICUT in and turn it on (not hooked up to the computer). Does it show it is Synced? If so, go ahead and plug the USB cord back into your hard drive on your computer.

Turn on the CRICUT.

Now, restart your computer (with your CRICUT turned on).

Once everything reboots (make sure all the things that work in the background are up on your computer before you try to sign in to CCR), try to sign in to CCR.

Does this help at all? It is possible you need a new USB cord.

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, March 05, 2013 2:33:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 3:24:01 PM(UTC)
Wendyandleroycf35514e

Char, thanks so much for trying to help. I had already done all you had suggested as far as un plug everything, but went ahead & tried it all again. It doesn't say "synced" on my machine, where would I find that if it did say it? This time on the 3rd or 4th attempt it did cut for a little longer, actually got to the second cut, but then did the same as before & stopped mid cut. It quits even while the machine still says connected, little circle on craft room goes around & around for a while, then machine pops up with the "no wireless" icon.

I shouldn't need a new USB cord, its fresh out of the box. Then again my new machine has been a pain since its been fresh out the box so don't think that really means muchAngry

1 user thanked Wendyandleroycf35514e for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/5/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 9:26:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Wendyandleroycf35514e Go to Quoted Post
Char, thanks so much for trying to help. I had already done all you had suggested as far as un plug everything, but went ahead & tried it all again. It doesn't say "synced" on my machine, where would I find that if it did say it? This time on the 3rd or 4th attempt it did cut for a little longer, actually got to the second cut, but then did the same as before & stopped mid cut. It quits even while the machine still says connected, little circle on craft room goes around & around for a while, then machine pops up with the "no wireless" icon.

I shouldn't need a new USB cord, its fresh out of the box. Then again my new machine has been a pain since its been fresh out the box so don't think that really means muchAngry

Wendy - Have you tried your machine without using the computer...as stand-alone? I would try that if you haven't, as yet. Just to see if it works that way.

It probably doesn't say "synced".....it would tell you on the display when you turn on the CRICUT what version your machine is at....so, you'll need to see if it's on the latest version.

Is your CCR on BUILD 179?

Have you INSTALLED THE DRIVERS for your machine?

Can you call PC tomorrow? They can probably help you faster!! LOL. I'm trying to help blindly, I'm afraid.

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, March 05, 2013 9:31:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:39:36 PM(UTC)
Wendyandleroycf35514e

It cuts ok when its not connected to the computer. Didn't when I first got it, would cut the first row the get to the middle of the mat & not cut all the way through. Finally solved that with a new mat, the first one that came with it was warped I think, also put new blade in & so far so good. Shouldn't have to do that with a new machine out of the box though. I'd have sent it back but time is of the essence & I just don't have it to waste. Course now I'm even more bummed out that I bought a computer so I could get in the craft room & get creative & got derailed on that too.

I have no idea what BUILD 179 isConfused ??? My computer is running windows 8 so I followed someone's very helpful youtube on how you need to do it as if it were windows 7 & it worked & got me on to CCR. Linked all my cartridges & installed the drivers. Just can't sync or do anything other than cut half of a image.Mad

I did send an email via the help & support link, not heard anything back from them though. I guess I'll have to call the help line.

Thank You Char, I appreciate you taking up your time to try & help me sort this out.

Wendy
 1 user thanked Wendyandleroycf35514e for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/6/2013(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:30:10 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7817 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Follow the same process for Cricut Sync that you did for Cricut Craft Room:

Right click on the Cricut Sync icon and select Properties, then Compatibility.

Change it to Windows 7 compatibility and select Run as Administrator.

Once you've done that you should be able to use Cricut Sync to update.

You might also need to add Cricut CraftRoom and CCRBridge as exceptions/exclusions to your anti-virus program.

If you're still having problems give customer support a call and they'll walk you through it. BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:30:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:12:30 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Wendyandleroycf35514e Go to Quoted Post

I have no idea what BUILD 179 isConfused ??? My computer is running windows 8 so I followed someone's very helpful youtube on how you need to do it as if it were windows 7 & it worked & got me on to CCR. Linked all my cartridges & installed the drivers. Just can't sync or do anything other than cut half of a image.Mad

Thank You Char, I appreciate you taking up your time to try & help me sort this out.

Wendy

Wendy - Well, I only offer what I know for myself and probably confuse people more than I do help....but, I do try. You're welcome, though.

You can see the BUILD of CCR by going to the HELP menu at the top when you're logged in to CCR. Click on "About Cricut Craft Room" on the HELP tab; that will give you the version and the BUILD. I'm assuming you are probably on BUILD 179, which would be the last version we have been given quite a while ago.

I hope you don't give up on CCR too quickly. I mean you already have paid into what you have; so, you'll want to do everything you can to get it up and running. NARELLE has a good suggestion to give PC a call and see if they can get you going a little quicker.

I couldn't get my EXPRESSION to Sync a few years ago (or when CCR first came out). I was very frustrated, too. It just went dead. I sent it in to PC (after I called them to see if they could help me). Within a week, they had my Expression ready for me to use. There's no way to know why I couldn't get it to work from home (maybe my computer wouldn't allow it at the time, but once PC got it to the correct version FOR me, it worked with my computer just fine). I am not one to blame PC for everyone's woes with CCR. It is my belief it is more our home connectivity and our setups on our computers that do more interference than many others think.

I don't work for PC; I just want them to succeed....because I do love everything these products do for me. I HOPE YOU GET THIS BEHIND YOU REAL SOON and can start having fun. I'll bet you are on the run a lot (a lot of users are younger than some of us....who have the time to try to ferret out our problems with a little more patience). I, myself, never would have tackled anything to do with crafting while I was working full time and raising a family. I admire those who can do it all. I just knew I wasn't one of them and chose to spend more time taking care of my family than trying to figure out how to make projects with modern technology!

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:19:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified