Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MelissaVelez Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 11:00:36 AM(UTC)
MelissaVelez

Groups: Registered

I haven't been on here for over a year because I was tired of reading all the negative post but I came back hoping to find positive post but to my horror I read that the Imagine is being discontinued. Is this True? Well I'm going to be honest by saying that I am very disappointed at provo craft if this is in fact true. My husband spent a lot of money on this because he knew how much I wanted it and I feel so bad now because he basically throw his money away.
Coah'sNana Online
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 07, 2013 12:05:43 AM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 15379 time(s) in 4184 post(s)
Provocraft has discontinued the production and sale of the Imagine, but they are still supporting the machine. They have listed the HP ink cartridges that can be used as replacements (if your firmware is up to date) and they will continue to supply mats. They also said they would produce new content. Whether that's digital or physical is left to be seen. HTH
Sherri Kay Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:06:15 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2377 time(s) in 2130 post(s)
If PC doesn't state that you are updating at your own risk, then they should be responsible for the machines that their updates ruin. Glare
GypsyBoricua Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:42:43 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 745 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JanaBailey Go to Quoted Post
It is true they are discontinuing but I would like to state a warning for you. DO NOT run any updates!!! It might possibly render your machine useless!!! Even to use the HP ink cartridges. I updated mine and it will not work anymore and PC will do nothing about it. You might check eBay to see if anyone is selling the Cricut ink cartridges and update as a last resort to buy HP. my machine will only print now, it will not cut and it won't work with my gypsy or CCR since running the update. I have tried to restore it many times and PC customer service says they can do nothing for me. Just a friendly warning.
Blessings,
Jana

This is crazy. In order to use the Imagine, you need ink cartridges. PC no longer supplies the print cartridges so they have you use HP inks, but you must update. But their update renders your machine unusable and they will do nothing?

tlkfanatic8d3739f5 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:19:57 PM(UTC)
tlkfanatic8d3739f5

I have the latest update and my Imagine works fine.
MaureenAlferez Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:12:04 AM(UTC)
MaureenAlferez

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Now you see why there has been so many negative comments!
CarolMeehan1 Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:00:48 PM(UTC)
CarolMeehan1

I am now just finding out that the Cricut Imagine is no longer. I struggled with the machine when I first got it. I was slow to use it, but now I just love it. I like the content of the cartridges, being able to print just the color of paper I need, etc. However, I am now having problems with the on/off switch. Called customer support. Everything failed to work. And, they won't support it in any way because it is out of warranty. So, now I have to continually hold down the on/off switch to get it to start and can't let go of it until I'm done with my task. I am so disappointed that I have spent hundreds of dollars on this machine, cartridges, paper, ink - -- -. Sad.
Sandie109 Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:05:20 AM(UTC)
Sandie109

I just had the opportunity to catch up about the Imagine and I am disgusted. I haven't had time over the past 6-7 months to do anything crafty...sit down to update and check the forums and now just disgusted.

I feel embarassed that I have a very expensive paperweight in my craft room.

I think it is time for me to look into another company and their products. I'm just fed up.Cursing
MelindaRapacz Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 10:05:21 AM(UTC)
MelindaRapacz

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Since your machines are no longer supported, I would contact the third party software companies to hack it so you can make your own new content! I might even buy a used one if I could do that! There are lots of free pretty digital paper on the Internet you can get for free! Also, many designers give away whole sets with elements, paper and everything coordinated to match! And these softwares make it easy to trace these kits to cut and use! Just a few thoughts since you all have no one else to turn to. BigGrin
JillWag Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 3:33:18 PM(UTC)
JillWag

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I am saddened PC has discontinued the Imagine. I have been pretty lucky with mine. I have had fun making cards with my Imagine. I am primarily a card maker. I have scrapbooked several pages, and will do more in the future, but card making is my primary hobby.
I did have trouble at first adjusting the cuts it made, and had to learn how to advance adjust but I did get the hang of it.
Some of my mats were not that sticky at first and so when my Imagine would start cutting, it would go all over the place because the cardstock wouldn't stick. Then I got some new mats and they were great!
I certainly loved using all Cricut cartridges along with my Imagine cartridges and printed pretty patterns on my regular cricut cartridge selections with Imagine patterns. I really have enjoyed that feature! My husband bought my Imagine for me two Christmas's ago, and for me it's been a fun toy.
I am just sad that no more fun cartridges will be made for it.
I'll keep using mine as long as it's supported. My son works at Office Depot so I can get ink cartridges there while I can.
Just sad because it has been pretty fun for me!