Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cheliewaf8ec4f3 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:08:30 PM(UTC)
cheliewaf8ec4f3

Groups: Registered

Hi, I'm still a newbie with my Cricut Mini, but was doing fairly well until I tried to cut chipboard. I purchased Medium Weight .057 inch board and a deep cut blade & housing. If I set pressure at 4 or greater it makes a horrific clacking sound and does not advance properly. If I set pressure at 3 or less, the feed and pattern are fine, but I can't cut all the way through no matter what I try. I sent depth to 6 and multi-cut. I sent depth lower and multi-cut increasing depth and repeating. I changed back to the standard housing with the deep cut blade. I've tried every combination I can think of. HELP!!! How do I cut all the way through the chipboard? Thanks very much. BigGrin
Claire1178 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:13:03 PM(UTC)
Claire1178

Chelie, where did you find chipboard for sale? I have looked all over and can't find it or anything similar to it anywhere!
Claire1178 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:14:16 PM(UTC)
Claire1178

I'm sorry I can't help you with the cutting as I'm a newbie myself and having enough problems just trying to cut with regular paper! LOL
cheliewaf8ec4f3 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:21:43 PM(UTC)
cheliewaf8ec4f3

I bought the chipboard on Amazon. It is called Grafix Chipboard.

Good luck - please let me know if you figure out the secret to cutting it all the way through.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 7:40:47 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 877 time(s) in 415 post(s)
I'm not sure what the maximum recommended weight for chipboard is but it sounds like you are trying to cut a type that is to thick for the machine. Maybe someone else knows what the maximum weight is. The very best thing to use for chipboard is cereal boxes or bisquick boxes. They cut very smooth at blade depth 6 and maximum pressure and I will usually go ahead and do a multi cut 2 times just to make sure it gets through the corners and curves well. Unless you have a new very sticky mat, you may want to also tape around the edges to make sure it doesn't move on the mat.

To get a thicker chipboard, I will cut multiples of the image and glue together. I have purchased chipboard before but I always go back to my cereal boxes.

You should have seen the look on my hubby's face the first time he went to get the bisquick for pancakes and it was just the plastic bag and no box. He thought I had lost my mind when I told him I had to have the box to cut something with my cricut.