Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SessieSays Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:26:01 PM(UTC)
SessieSays

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'm seriously considering going to the PC Swarm event in SLC on 10/9 cuz PC knows how to throw a party! But call me crazy ... I have absolutely no idea what to expect. They say there will be classes and that Expressions, Imagines, etc. will be there to use, but do you think I need to bring my cartridges or would they have some there to experiment with? Are paper cutters and such usually at swarms or do I need to make myself a traveling kit? Of course, I expect that I need to provide my own consumables (adhesive, paper, etc.), but I just wonder about the other (bigger, heavier) stuff. I appreciate the 411 from any experienced swarmers.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:01:19 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19078 time(s) in 8526 post(s)
I'd say whatever you don't have, someone will let you borrow! Indeed, PC does know how to throw a party! But with a potential for 400 crafters, I'm not sure how many small (easy to walk away with) items, like carts, they would bring.

Along that note, I would make sure your name is on all your supplies. I was recently in a class where they had a few crop-o-diles for the class to use. A friend had her own with her. At the end of the class, when they started collecting the crop-o-diles, they wanted hers! Smart girl had her name on it!
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
SessieSays on 9/29/2010(UTC)
Scootingranny Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:30:19 AM(UTC)
Scootingranny

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3488 time(s) in 1906 post(s)
The biggest event I went to was a card swap earlier this year where you had your card, the kits and all equipment/supplies to do the card for almost 50 people. Everybody labeled their stuff and I didn't hear anything about people not getting back what they brought. Take what you would like to work on for a project and I think I read somewhere that some vendors will be on hand to sell stuff you might need but didn't bring? Don't hold me to that...sometimes I get my threads mixed up.

I hope you go because you will have sooo much fun! And we'll want to hear all about it!
 1 user thanked Scootingranny for this useful post.
SessieSays on 9/29/2010(UTC)
SessieSays Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:09:00 AM(UTC)
SessieSays

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thanks ladies! I guess I'll plan out my project on my Gypsy ahead of time, then take a set of mats, cutter, paper, adhesive. It will be interesting because they are also having Yudus there -- which I haven't used. It would be fun if they had kits we could buy to just try a project. I hadn't ever heard of a swarm that used Yudus.