Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:08:51 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8003 time(s) in 4678 post(s)
We can save $1200 a year by going to Comcast for EVERYTHING. Right now, we pay phone bill and internet/Wi-Fi to AT&T for $110/mo.!! Comcast charges us $99/mo. just for TV. They are saying they will charge us $99/mo. first year for EVERYTHING (phone/Wi-Fi/TV), $110/mo. second year and $145/mo. third year.

That would save us over $1220 a year.

BUT, I have absolutely no problems in CCR or on the cricut.com website.

I am so afraid if I go messing with this that I will have problems. However, Comcast says AT&T is only giving me 6mbps (speed, I think) and they will give me 25mbps. THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DEAL, DOESN'T IT?

I'm so tempted; although, we have never been ones to switch to this and switch to that and switch to something else to save money, because it just all seems like a hoax to us and/or there are hidden things we're unaware of.

WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF ANY OF YOU ARE ON COMCAST AND HAVE TROUBLE WITH CCR AT THE SAME TIME.

cHAR
melodylanedesigns Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:11:10 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 924 post(s)
I have comcast and never any trouble with CCR
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/14/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:37:10 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Thanks, Melody....I'm very nervous about it. We have never bargained with these companies before, but we realize there is a lot of savings to be had out there right now. Better money in our pockets than in all of theirs, huh?

I think we're very close to making a decision...just hope I don't run into any problems with things they didn't tell us! We were going to do away with our lan line phones, but I can use the same phones with Comcast and they assure me there are no hidden charges. We'll see.

Char
Dragonfly50 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:14:36 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
I changed to Comcast from another company and have had NO internet related issues with CCR.
I think ours is the speed you mentioned and I have been on Cricut.com MB, CCR and had Netfix going in two rooms with no problems.
D-
 1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/15/2013(UTC)
CowgirlUp Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:52:29 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 890 time(s) in 724 post(s)
I can't speak for CCR but I have never had problems with Comcast for my internet and we've had them for years. In the past 2 years I can only think of 2 times where our internet was down and it was back on in less then hour each time.
 1 user thanked CowgirlUp for this useful post.
mimihurd Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 3:21:08 AM(UTC)
mimihurd

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I changed from at&t to Comcast saved a lot of money and I think Comcast internet is better then at&t never had any problems with ccr.
 1 user thanked mimihurd for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 8:02:27 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: CowgirlUp Go to Quoted Post
I can't speak for CCR but I have never had problems with Comcast for my internet and we've had them for years. In the past 2 years I can only think of 2 times where our internet was down and it was back on in less then hour each time.

And, Comcast was up front with me on that. They said there have been very few times they have been down for a short period of time....and back up and running in no time. That doesn't bother me at all. Those things do happen.

The thing I was concerned about most....was the users on here who complain about the intermittent pauses on their CCR when they're trying to CUT. I have never had that problem in CCR and don't want to get into it, if I can help it.

I just wish ProvoCraft would do some kind of questionnaire (a meaningful one) that would sort out the reasons those who do have problems have them. I mean, it has to be some common denominator and they don't even seem to care to discuss it here (with their public "at large") to try to ferret it out. IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE THEY CARE....but, maybe they're doing all they can.

I still have the faith they will come up with some great stuff coming down the road. We'll see.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 8:03:56 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Thanks for your comments, everyone. It has helped. I think we're going to be saving $1200 in the next year. I guess we've been pretty naive!

Char
craftieoma Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 10:28:37 AM(UTC)
craftieoma

Viet Nam

Was thanked: 924 time(s) in 384 post(s)
Comcast promised my second year would be $20.00 more, but wen the bill came, it was more than double!!!!!!! I had to do alot of downsizing. Angry My limited budget still needs Cricut products!!!!BigGrin
 1 user thanked craftieoma for this useful post.
GrammyCris Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 12:00:50 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1143 time(s) in 532 post(s)
We have Comcast for our phone & internet....have had them for years. I have WiFi'd to run 4 computers in our house, plus Nook and 2 smart phones. I have never had a problem running CCR. I love the service from Comcast....I do use Dish for my TV's though...
 1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 3:40:58 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: GrammyCris Go to Quoted Post
We have Comcast for our phone & internet....have had them for years. I have WiFi'd to run 4 computers in our house, plus Nook and 2 smart phones. I have never had a problem running CCR. I love the service from Comcast....I do use Dish for my TV's though...

We were told (when we bought two flat screens this week) that we would get MUCH BETTER picture with DISH; however, we cannot use DISH since we are in a neighborhood with lots of trees in the neighbors' yards, plus several of our own. No daylight in our yards! Which is a good thing, but bad for DISH. We don't really want it on our roof. So, we are with Comcast....we do like Comcast for our TVs.

Thanks for your comments.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 3:42:34 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: craftieoma Go to Quoted Post
Comcast promised my second year would be $20.00 more, but wen the bill came, it was more than double!!!!!!! I had to do alot of downsizing. Angry My limited budget still needs Cricut products!!!!BigGrin

They did tell us it would go up for a year next year...to $120...then the third year $145. I plan to get it in writing before I change over. I don't know if they give it to you in writing, though. Probably not, if they didn't honor what they told you. I don't like that. If they're going to give a contract, it needs to state exactly what they have said.

Char
TerpsFan Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:07:25 AM(UTC)
TerpsFan

Was thanked: 208 time(s) in 89 post(s)
This has nothing to do with CCR, but I am not too happy with Comcast right now. We just got a bill for our second year on Triple Play and it went up to $185 a month. They are also now charging us for all 4 of our additional cable boxes, when 2 used to be free. We also pay extra every month to rent the modem, so check that. There are all kinds of "fees" added on our bill, like franchise fees, it's like you're being nickled and dimed to death.

When we had the Triple Play installed last Feb, we had to pay an installation fee. Well, back in the fall we started having problems with our internet and phone cutting off. A tech came to the house, had to install thicker cable in our basement and we were charged $40 for a service call. I'm sorry, but they should have made sure we had the right cable at the time of the original installation. Apparently, if they have to fix any wiring IN your house, you will be charged for a service call. That's unless you pay $3.00 a month for a service plan.

Unfortunately, Comcast is the only provider of high-speed internet in my area. And Verizon has decided it's too expensive to install FIOS in my area.

This is just my opinion, and do not mean to offend anyone affiliated with Comcast.
 1 user thanked TerpsFan for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/17/2013(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:10:21 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I have charter the sister company to comcast and I haven't had any problems with my CCR since I got the firewall to allow the CCR and Bridge. we get 30mgps wifi and tv with hdtv and 2 dvrs for $120 a month. we could get the bundle with the phone for $99 but I don't have any use for a land phone. We all have cell phones and use them for everything.
 1 user thanked dorichatelain44314a80 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/17/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:10:33 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: TerpsFan Go to Quoted Post
This has nothing to do with CCR, but I am not too happy with Comcast right now. We just got a bill for our second year on Triple Play and it went up to $185 a month. They are also now charging us for all 4 of our additional cable boxes, when 2 used to be free. We also pay extra every month to rent the modem, so check that. There are all kinds of "fees" added on our bill, like franchise fees, it's like you're being nickled and dimed to death.

When we had the Triple Play installed last Feb, we had to pay an installation fee. Well, back in the fall we started having problems with our internet and phone cutting off. A tech came to the house, had to install thicker cable in our basement and we were charged $40 for a service call. I'm sorry, but they should have made sure we had the right cable at the time of the original installation. Apparently, if they have to fix any wiring IN your house, you will be charged for a service call. That's unless you pay $3.00 a month for a service plan.

Unfortunately, Comcast is the only provider of high-speed internet in my area. And Verizon has decided it's too expensive to install FIOS in my area.

This is just my opinion, and do not mean to offend anyone affiliated with Comcast.

Well, that's what I'm afraid of.....and, I so appreciate you taking the time to give this honest information. Why would you offend anyone at Comcast; you're telling the truth. They're not giving me the information I point blank asked them....some things you covered here.

I'm not so gung ho to change over now. Thanks goodness, DH and I just don't do things on a WHIM just because somebody is telling us they're the greatest. I hate that, anyway. They were high-pressuring me, anyway....which I don't like at all. We had to call FOUR times to get our TV to work....each of the four reps high-pressured me to change over THAT DAY to the TRIPLE PLAY. I wouldn't buy it....told them if I call back for the rates in a week, I will get them or I won't change over!! They did back off.

Just to clear things up....DH started out on three of these calls and handed the phone over to me after a while; he gets frustrated after they tell him to push so many buttons, then he hands it over to me! LOL.

Another thing, they told my husband on the third call they were going to decrease our present bill by $8. THAT SCARED THE H*** out of me. I just laughed. AFTER we got set up, we got an email that our next bill will reflect the $8 difference they told him they were going to do. THEY JUST CRACK ME UP....to tell you the truth....especially, after your post here.

Thanks so much. I do appreciate the information. I trust you way more than I trust them right now.

Char

Edited by user Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:12:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:15:17 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: dorichatelain44314a80 Go to Quoted Post
I have charter the sister company to comcast and I haven't had any problems with my CCR since I got the firewall to allow the CCR and Bridge. we get 30mgps wifi and tv with hdtv and 2 dvrs for $120 a month. we could get the bundle with the phone for $99 but I don't have any use for a land phone. We all have cell phones and use them for everything.

Are you telling me you would get everything you get above now for $120, for $99 if you say you want to throw in the bundle with the phone? That just doesn't make any sense to me. I caught something like this when they were talking to me....that it was a higher price for one bundle, but you could get the lan line with everything else for $99/mo.!

It still doesn't make any sense to me.

Char
Khrista Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:24:06 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2507 time(s) in 1395 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
We can save $1200 a year by going to Comcast for EVERYTHING. Right now, we pay phone bill and internet/Wi-Fi to AT&T for $110/mo.!! Comcast charges us $99/mo. just for TV. They are saying they will charge us $99/mo. first year for EVERYTHING (phone/Wi-Fi/TV), $110/mo. second year and $145/mo. third year.

That would save us over $1220 a year.

BUT, I have absolutely no problems in CCR or on the cricut.com website.

I am so afraid if I go messing with this that I will have problems. However, Comcast says AT&T is only giving me 6mbps (speed, I think) and they will give me 25mbps. THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DEAL, DOESN'T IT?

I'm so tempted; although, we have never been ones to switch to this and switch to that and switch to something else to save money, because it just all seems like a hoax to us and/or there are hidden things we're unaware of.

WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF ANY OF YOU ARE ON COMCAST AND HAVE TROUBLE WITH CCR AT THE SAME TIME.

cHAR

I had Comcast for .. geeze.. probably the last 10 years. We have now switched. The one thing comcast *won't* tell you is that high speed is only as good as the modem and router <if you use one>. If you use theirs, you pay a monthly modem fee. We ended up switching to Frontier with a package thing with Dish and are paying about $40 less a month in comparison to when we had Comcast and at a higher internet speed. We also always get customer service right away. Comcast, in my humble opinion and as a user of theirs for years, is getting a little bit for their pants so to speak :) Comcast is faster than AT&T, which we had at one point years ago. Comcast, Verizon, and Frontier are all up there for internet speeds. After that it's more a matter of t.v. preferences (i.e. Direct, Comcast, Dish) which are partnered with them in various ways.

CCR & Comcast.. never had a problem. The only reason we switched off comcast was internet speed, and our bill was getting up to that $200 mark :( with increasing this and that costs. Frontier and CCR, also no problem.

Hope that helps
:)Khrista

1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/18/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 9:13:01 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Thanks for the info, Khrista. We can't go with DISH....even though we were told it is the best in terms of speed...and pricing.

At this point, we're going to stay with AT&T. One of my big beefs with AT&T is we hardly use the telephone, but DH thinks it's really important that we have a lan line. I disagree and told him we can INFORM EVERYONE we need to, to use our cell phone numbers. Plenty of people do that. We pay around $60/mo. for telephone (we also have internet/wi-fi with AT&T, which is the other $44/mo. of their billing). We hardly use the telphone.......so, at this point, I'm going to ask if we can take those charges off and do away with the lan line and just keep our internet/wi-fi; I'm thinking you can't do this, though, because I think you might have to have a phone line to get the internet?

That's where we're at right now. We pay $87/mo. now for Comcast....just for TV (one main and three with the little boxes). I think that's high....we don't get ALL the channels we could for a higher price....but, we do get HD channels (probably a medium package).

Char