Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

scrapalette Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:32:06 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18933 time(s) in 8449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: danit13151b71a18b Go to Quoted Post
Hi.
A lady on the other side of town is selling some hard to find cricut cartridges for ridiculously HIGH prices! However, she said the more I buy the better the discount/lower the prices.
I stopped over this morning & told her I would be back tonight or tomorrow. If anyone wants me to pick one up for them I will but you must Paypal me & pay for shipping. I can mail priority mail immediately upon payment, giving you the tracking #.
So..she has offered $10 off every cartridge for multiples. I am already up to 2 (maybe 4) so I'm at $10 off each.

WITH the discount, this is what she is asking:
Mickey Font brand new in box $140
Mickey Font without box, unknown linked or not (so assume linked & maybe get lucky), $100
New Arrival unlinked with box $60, unlinked without box $50
Toy Story, linked with box $100, linked without box $90
Old West, new in box $70...had one out of box but I forget the price
George & Basic Shapes, unlinked in box, $40

I am going to try to get her $10 or so less on every cartridge if I can.
If you are interested in one let me know & tell me your highest price you will pay. I'll do my best to get it at your price or lower or I won't get it for you.

Let me know!

PS She did say she will be getting in both Disney Princesses & Cars next week so I will head back over then too!

How is she getting these carts? Why can't we buy them directly from her? Huh
danit13151b71a18b Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:26:01 PM(UTC)
danit13151b71a18b

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I don't understand the question. Are you asking if she is a store?
She is selling them on a table on her front lawn. Sure you can get them directly from her if you go to her house like any other "yard" sale.

Edited to add:
PS I don't know how she is getting them. I did not ask her.

Edited by user Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:28:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added PS

ahartman8e0bdfe1 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:36:50 PM(UTC)
ahartman8e0bdfe1

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dani, if you recall, I just sold you Toy Story on another forum/board the other week...wow you got a great deal then because this lady is selling for way more than I sold it to you for....lol!

Does she have Hello Kitty?
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:44:38 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18933 time(s) in 8449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: danit13151b71a18b Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand the question. Are you asking if she is a store?
She is selling them on a table on her front lawn. Sure you can get them directly from her if you go to her house like any other "yard" sale.

Edited to add:
PS I don't know how she is getting them. I did not ask her.

You didn't mention she was having a yard sale. But is she having a yard sale every week? I was wondering about where she is getting the carts because most of the ones listed are retired so they aren't coming from PC. Sounds like she/you are buying them from others and reselling? Not saying there is anything wrong with that, just most people are more upfront about it or run that type of business on ebay. Huh
danit13151b71a18b Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 9:57:57 PM(UTC)
danit13151b71a18b

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi Ann.
I did get a good deal from you! I actually bought a Toy Story from her tonight for my sister & a Mickey Font from her for myself. I also bought two others for someone else. She did give me a better discount than her asking prices but they are still high!
She does not have a Hello Kitty. She did have both the greetings & the font a while back but she was asking the same crazy prices Ebay asks. Of course it's too expensive until you can't find one then I have regrets for not buying! Hahaha

Scrapalette, I didn't mention it was a yard sale specifically but looking back at the post, I guess when I typed a lady on the other side of town, I just figured it was clear. I guess that is where you lose it writing vs in speaking....I assume everyone knows what is in my head & it is clear. ;)

I agree there is nothing wrong with buying to sell and many people do it. Not really my thing although I have put a few things on Ebay before. Usually impulse purchases!

Before I had my Cricut she used to have loads & loads of them along with tons of other stuff. She seems to have less & less but the ones she has are the hard to find or retired ones. She isn't out every weekend but she is out many of them. She wasn't out today but I actually knocked on her door!

I specifically asked her about the Princess cartridges & she said she might have some next week. I didn't ask her about Hello Kitty Ann.

I was trying to get the best prices possible knowing I was heading over for a Mickey font cartridge. I'm going to delete this post since I already went & bought what I wanted but didn't want to delete this while you are all commenting. So...I guess I will wait until tomorrow?