Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

bngertonebbc6571 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 12:39:06 PM(UTC)
bngertonebbc6571

Groups: Registered

Hello!

Please help! I am in the process of "perforating" my wedding invitations so that guests can tear off the RSVP and mail back. I have the ------- line set up exactly where I need it on CCR 5" down; and it worked wonderfully for about the first 15-20 and then it started cutting at a different place. My mat is sticky enough; and I have made sure my card stock is not moving but it's like it just decides to jump up a quarter of an inch and cut incorrectly. Also it is random; so I cannot just lower my ------- and continue on; I never know when it is going to cut incorrectly. Ideas? HElp? Please? I'll be your friend forever!!!
Tryna* Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 12:43:16 PM(UTC)
Tryna*

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Sorry--I'm having my own issues with lines being cut through one image, and then not on any others that I have tried.

Good luck--I'm sure you will get some good advise here!!

I've heard good things about CCR--hang in there---Char seems to be our resident expert, if she doesn't catch this thread, you might try PM'ing her!

Tryna
 1 user thanked Tryna* for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/18/2013(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 1:14:23 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
My baby bug use to do something similar, and before CCR, I was using Design Studio. It would do it when I would do a bunch of the same thing over and over. Then it would cut one wrong or something similar. I figured out that my machine needed a break in between a dozen or so, like when it would mess up. I would let it rest for an hour or so and restart my computer and then reload DS. Then it would work for the remainder of what I needed to get done.

HTH!
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 1:21:37 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18931 time(s) in 8447 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bngertonebbc6571 Go to Quoted Post
Hello!

Please help! I am in the process of "perforating" my wedding invitations so that guests can tear off the RSVP and mail back. I have the ------- line set up exactly where I need it on CCR 5" down; and it worked wonderfully for about the first 15-20 and then it started cutting at a different place. My mat is sticky enough; and I have made sure my card stock is not moving but it's like it just decides to jump up a quarter of an inch and cut incorrectly. Also it is random; so I cannot just lower my ------- and continue on; I never know when it is going to cut incorrectly. Ideas? HElp? Please? I'll be your friend forever!!!

It sounds like you just need to make sure you are inserting the same end of the mat into the Cricut each time. While both ends of the mat will feed into the Cricut, I've noticed a difference it cutting locations when I use the end without the arrow. There is a slight difference in the distance from the edge of the mat to the start of cutting area.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
JanisD on 3/19/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 1:51:48 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8000 time(s) in 4676 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tryna* Go to Quoted Post
Sorry--I'm having my own issues with lines being cut through one image, and then not on any others that I have tried.

Good luck--I'm sure you will get some good advise here!!

I've heard good things about CCR--hang in there---Char seems to be our resident expert, if she doesn't catch this thread, you might try PM'ing her!

Tryna

Ha,ha! Boy, I've sure got you fooled, Tryna. I'm not an "expert" anything. I shoot from the hip a lot. If I was helpful to you, I'm certainly appreciative that you acknowledge that...didn't know I did help you, though.

I see (below my posting this) that Scrapalette has given a very good suggestion....if that doesn't help you or you don't think that's the problem, come back and we can try some other suggestions.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Tryna* on 3/18/2013(UTC)
Tryna* Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 9:23:06 PM(UTC)
Tryna*

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Char----I've seen you help people again and again....silly!!

You most likely don't see it as such, but it helps (a lot) when someone is pulling their hair out, and then someone who knows whats what and whos who (read you) step in and try to help!

Keep up the good work!

Tryna

1 user thanked Tryna* for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/19/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:51:40 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8000 time(s) in 4676 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tryna* Go to Quoted Post
Char----I've seen you help people again and again....silly!!

You most likely don't see it as such, but it helps (a lot) when someone is pulling their hair out, and then someone who knows whats what and whos who (read you) step in and try to help!

Keep up the good work!

Tryna

That's really sweet of you to let me know, Tryna. I hope I have helped from time to time. There are a lot of people on here who are much more savvy than I am about things...but, I try to say things in a different way that maybe others understand along with me when they don't understand what the others are saying.

Thanks for letting me know. It does make my day at this point!!

Now, did you get your image cut out? Without a slash? I'm going crazy trying to figure out where I'm going to use my little Kokopelli.....and, I'm getting close.! LOL.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Tryna* on 3/19/2013(UTC)