Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PATRICEMELTON1 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:36:56 AM(UTC)
PATRICEMELTON1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Good Morning Fellow Cricut Crafters,
I am trying to make some 6x6 tiles with sayings on them, but my delicate or small letters are not cutting right. They want to stick to the vinyl when I try to pull the extra vinyl off while weeding. Is there a secret to this that I do not know or what am I doing wrong. I am kiss cutting and I have a new blade in my machine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.Confused
deleted Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 8:37:01 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
What color of vinyl? I had problems with white vinyl - but not other colors. Not sure why...

Also - I never had super great luck with very intricate small cuts on vinyl with the Cricut - other brand machine did do a wonderful job on the same file though.... Might have just been my machine, but I know others have the same issue (regular Expresssion)

Is your blade new? That might help.

Also - You can use a very sharp exacto knife to finish the cuts that did not work (it is a tedious job though)
behly63ec9ce439 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 9:42:08 AM(UTC)
behly63ec9ce439

I too was having the same problem when cutting small letters (1/4 inch) from the Craft Room. What I did was made sure none of my letters were "welded" by accident (I was arranging things to fast). This would cause your letters to cut together and you'd have to cut them apart.
Also I found with my machine E2 that sometimes the Craft Room would not cut my first cutting of the session at the right pressure. Glitch in Craft Room I assumed. All other following cuts were great. Also with my machine I have to slow down the cut speed when using the Craft Room for those small letters. My machine on it's own will cut 1/4" letters at the recommended Kiss Cut just fine.
I have put my machine through the vinyl print riggers by cutting out 213 Record labels and have not had a need to change the blade.
On that note, is your blade facing straight out as noted in the manual?
And check your mat, if there have been other cuts made in your mat in the same spot you are cutting your letters, the ridge or indent left from a previous cut might be enough to have your blade skip over and it's not cutting all the way through.

Brig