Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

marilyne_99d040c4ba Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 3:09:42 PM(UTC)
marilyne_99d040c4ba

Groups: Registered

I want to buy a cricutBigGrin
but they have so different cricut I don't no whaT cricut to buy Confused
can't you help me

I think to buy maybe the cricut expression 2...
I see the cricut imagine look beter than the expression 2 Huh
i'm not so sure

sorry for the english Laugh
sewnmachine Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 3:26:46 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 230 post(s)
The Imagine has been discontinued. So, that should be a factor in making your decision.

Right now, I would recommend either the (original) Personal Cricut or the Expression ( not the Expression 2). The Original Personal only has a 6x12" cutting area, whereas the Expression has many many more onboard features and capapbilities. The Expression also has as 12x12 cutting area.

The Expression is pretty well regarded as a reliable workhorse. My first machine was the Original Personal and it is still going strong. I also bought a refurbished Expression at Christmas time for $99. It works fantastic and came with a one year warrenty.

Here on the Cricut website they still offer specials on refurbished Expressions and they usually come bundled with one or two cartridges.

So if you want a large cutting area go with an Expression. If all you will need is the 6x12 cutting area you would probably be satisfied with the Personal. But really for the small difference in price I would really recommend the Expression.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
marilyne_99d040c4ba on 3/24/2013(UTC)
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:29:01 PM(UTC)
marilyne_99d040c4ba

tank's

why not the expression 2 ...it would not be better for the second version of its!
TammyPuckett Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:40:14 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 189 post(s)
Don't even think of the Imagine! The Imagine is a great machinge, but has been discontinued. Those of us who have one will be screwed soon! I have a feeling we will not even be able to get mats for it with the new ones that have just come out.

My favorite machine is the Expression. It is a very versatile machine. It will use as 12 x 12 mat or a 12 x 24 mat. I use my 12 x 24 mat a lot & I don't think you can use a 12 x 24 mat in the E2.
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
marilyne_99d040c4ba on 3/27/2013(UTC)
Olivia'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:26:13 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 862 time(s) in 406 post(s)
my dad always said - the more bells and whistles something has, the more that can go wrong with it and the more it will cost you in the long run. In so many cases in life, I have lived by his philosophy.

My opinion is the orgininal Expression hands down. I bought it 5 years ago and has been the only cricut machine that I have owned and it still works like a horse. (knock on wood). My opinion is the E2 does nothing more than the E that justifies for me to buy it just to have it or to pay more $$$ for. If my E broke today, I would purchase another E. I have never had the issues that i see other's having all the time with the other machines.
I bought my DIL an Expression for Christmas and so far it works very well for her

It works with Design Studio and Cricut Craft Room exceptionally well.

The Imagine as stated is discontinued and I would never consider paying the price for that machine. I have my friends only because she hates it and I have had lots of issues with it although at present with ccr updates it works better than ever before just not my go to machine. If you risked buying one, chances are it will be refurbished rather than new and would be difficult to impossible to find imagine carts

THe smaller machines and the mini and the E2 I can't personally say anything about them from personal experience but if I had the money and choice between a 6" (personal), 8" (mini)or 12" (E & E2) cutter, I would choose 12". The mini has to be connected to craft room on your computer to work at all is my understanding, if that makes any difference in your consideration. The 6" machines would limit your ability to make larger cuts and I am not sure if they work with ccr or ds at all
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
CraftyMichelle Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 5:56:52 AM(UTC)
CraftyMichelle

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)
I just got my first ever Cricut about 2 months ago and i got the Expression. I must tell you from all that i read this is the one to buy. I love mine and wouldnt own any other one.
 1 user thanked CraftyMichelle for this useful post.
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:07:00 AM(UTC)
marilyne_99d040c4ba

I think every one like the expression

I will go search for this machine

but I will like to know if anyone have the cricut expression 2 or a friend have it
just to be sur of my choise

and I will like to know what you can do whit the expresion or the expression 2
GrammyCris Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:20:11 AM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1142 time(s) in 531 post(s)
I have the Expression and the Expression 2 and I vote with the others here....the Expression is hands down the better machine. Expression 2 has a ton of functions which makes it look better but to me just take longer to learn and use. The Expression is a work horse!
 1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
deleted Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:26:02 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Just to make sure, since it sounds like you are not super familiar with the machines...

You will need cartridges to cut - you cannot cut anything without owning the cartridge (you can't cut your own things or fonts from your computer)

The Expression is a good machine.
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:46:00 AM(UTC)
marilyne_99d040c4ba

Originally Posted by: snapishbumblebeeb8886413 Go to Quoted Post
Just to make sure, since it sounds like you are not super familiar with the machines...

You will need cartridges to cut - you cannot cut anything without owning the cartridge (you can't cut your own things or fonts from your computer)

The Expression is a good machine.

I know that a did a little research beforeWink
can we use the site to....on you tube it's tell that it doesn't work anymore!!!
Sherri Kay Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:48:10 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2370 time(s) in 2127 post(s)
I have both the Expression and the Expression 2. Since getting the E2, I have used it exclusively. I've never had a problem with it and it works great in the CCR. To tell the truth, they both work great! Smile
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:55:00 AM(UTC)
marilyne_99d040c4ba

Originally Posted by: GrammyCris Go to Quoted Post
I have the Expression and the Expression 2 and I vote with the others here....the Expression is hands down the better machine. Expression 2 has a ton of functions which makes it look better but to me just take longer to learn and use. The Expression is a work horse!

what the expression2 have more

I really think i"m gonna go with the expression..if you like the expression more than the 2
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:57:33 AM(UTC)
marilyne_99d040c4ba

Originally Posted by: Sherri Kay Go to Quoted Post
I have both the Expression and the Expression 2. Since getting the E2, I have used it exclusively. I've never had a problem with it and it works great in the CCR. To tell the truth, they both work great! Smile

what the 2 do more than the 1

swatts66 Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 9:32:11 PM(UTC)
swatts66

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1049 time(s) in 575 post(s)
The E2 can use either 12 x 12 mats or 12 x 24 mats. I got mine when I was completely new to Cricut. I think it is very easy to use. I love the fact that you don't need the overlays. I use it mostly for banners,and large projects. I also have a mini that I use for cards and smaller cuts. I love both.
 1 user thanked swatts66 for this useful post.
marilyne_99d040c4ba on 3/27/2013(UTC)
tigger2000 Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:10:23 PM(UTC)
tigger2000

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I originally had the personal cricut and loved it...that is until my daughter in law gave the expression for Christmas a year ago and I absolutely love it! I find that lately I use it more each day and have become quite hooked on it!BigGrin
Godot's Girl Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:23:47 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #388; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2744 time(s) in 1643 post(s)
I have the E2, and think it is a wonderful, workhorse of a machine. It does everything I want it to, and though I occasionally have trouble with it, recommend it without hesitation. The trouble I have can be narrowed down to either a dull blade, glitchy CCR, or just plain using the poor girl for too many hours in a row (around the 5th or 6th hour, she gets tired, and the blade can start to drag on the paper.). Now, that could just be my machine. I use it a lot, almost every day, to make anything from cards, to layouts, to home decor items, etc. I have 3 teenage sons who use it, by themselves, for school projects. I also teach free card classes to children ages 5-18 at my church, and even the youngest children have learned to use my machine, with supervision. I have only ever had this machine, so cannot speak to the others, though I would not buy the Imagine, since it has been discontinued. You will find many people who have both the E and the E2 recommend the E. There appears to be quite a learning curve between the 2 machines, and I think that is the main reason most recommend the E. I did not have this problem, since the E2 was my first, and as I said, only Cricut. I have used an E at some crops, and like my E2 better, because that is what I am use to. I think you would be safe buying either machine. It would be wonderful if you could try them both out to see which you like best. Are there any classes offered at your LSS? I probably have not helped you make up your mind, but I wanted to give a positive review of the E2. I love my machine! She is a fabulous tool in my creative toolbox, and saves me a great deal of time. I love the Cricut designs as well. I only wish we could make our own designs! And, some will point out that we can, but this is very limited, as what you can actually do is only manipulate the images that are on Cricut carts. My boys like the machine as well. They always receive the maximum amount of presentation points on their school projects, thanks to all the wonderful crafting capabilities of this machine. HTH. Blessings, GG.
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:26:09 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I have the E2 and I am beginning to love it. I wanted one for so many years when I first got mine (birthday gift) I was overwhelmed that it was actually sitting on my desk. I made one cut with it and it sat there for over a month. Every time I looked at it I would get overwhelmed. then one day My daughter and I started making Christmas cards and I haven't enjoyed anything more. I use it almost daily.. It does everything I want it to... I usually use CCR just because it is easier to layout the design you want. It has actually given me inspiration to scrap again.

I would go with the machine that you think would be easiest. I know that a lot of people say that it is easier to learn the original expression over the expression 2 but if you have never had a cricut then the learning curve wouldn't be there. It was easy for me to learn how to use the E2.

The thing with mine is it was a gift. I had no idea I was getting it and I didn't even choose which one I wanted.