Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sjh9902 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:20:29 AM(UTC)
sjh9902

Groups: Registered

I have not scrapbooked in a couple of years now and am finally getting back into it, with a little help from my new job. I am an activitiy director at a senior retirement community and thought the cricut would be a great tool for the residents. So I purchased one and am planning on using my own cartridges and my gypsy with it. I thought it would be great to just take my laptop into work with me to use with the cricut but i am lost on which option is best.
I would like to use the cricut craft room but I do not have internet access at work. I do have a gypsy but is this a pain to have to sync everything to my G to cut? Is it possible at all to cut without the internet? Previously I used CDS and a certain 3rd party software that starts with an M. BigGrin I do not want to update things if the craft room is not going to work out for me. Can anyone help me?
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:29:46 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19136 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
CCR is internet based, so you need that connect to use it.

Why not just have the residents cut directly from the Cricut? It might be easier for them to insert the cart, set the size dial and make their image selections and cut.

For you, you can design your cuts in CCR at home. Export them as a .gypsy file and transfer them to your Gypsy. Then you only need your Gypsy at work to cut the design.
sjh9902 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:41:36 AM(UTC)
sjh9902

well to tell you the truth, i have no idea how to cut from the cricut without the software. lol and I dont want to have to lug all of my cartridges to work. But I guess I could just work on that huh. lol I like the idea of purchasing the digital cartridges especially the pixar ones.
Jamorialovestoscrap Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 3:37:55 PM(UTC)
Jamorialovestoscrap

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You could just come up with a project of the day, cut it out and take to them. Just take the cricut and that cartridge that you used for the project of the day and let them explore it to see if they want to cut other shapes. HTH BigGrin