Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KarenL.Jenter Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:56:39 PM(UTC)
KarenL.Jenter

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 12 post(s)
My beloved gypsy broke about 6 weeks ago, it is no longer under wattanty and Provo will not fix it. The port for the cord going from the gypsy to the cricut broke, it fell into the gypsy. Ih ave a friend who know wlectronics looking at it right now to see if he can solder it.

In the mean time, I got out an older laptop, using Windows Vista which has my Design Studio installed. I tried to update (firmware) etc and to have loaded all the new carts that have come out since I last used it, probably in 2009 or so. It is telling me that I cannot fup date and wants to take me to the Provo site for a manual update. Well, yesterday I lost my internet connection to this older laptop, working to get it restored. But in th meantime, is there a way I can use my new laptop to download the updates on a disk or thumbdrive and then take it to my older laptop???

My new computer is a Windows *, which I don't relaly like, but after 4 months am getting usede to it. It was expensive and Ihave it on a desk with lots of things attached ot it, printer, hand held scanner, etc. So, it is not cdnvenient to move it and use with DS. Don't even know if it will work on Windows 8 anyway.

I go to a lot crops aned crafting at my church and do not want to use the new laptop. I would just as soon use the older one with the Windows Vista and the DS already loaded. Can someone tell me if there is a way to downolad the updates, firmware, on a disk on the new computer and then put the disk/thumbdive into the older laptop.

I don't want to use the CCR as again, I don't want to have to use the new laptop, and I don't know when or if I can get the internect connection reestablished on the older laptop with DS.

Can someone tll me if there is a way to download the updates for DS onto a disk/thumbdrive and then take them to the older laptop with DS.\

I would appreciate any hlep, trying to get some EAste3r things done this week.

Karen
Michigan
KarenL.Jenter Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:59:25 PM(UTC)
KarenL.Jenter

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Sorry my spell check (me) is not working, the new laptop is a Windows 8
Karen
Michigan
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 2:40:44 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7909 time(s) in 3707 post(s)
You can download the two files you need from http://www.cricut.com/home/support/CDS and save/copy them to your thumb drive or disk.
denubug Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 6:02:41 PM(UTC)
denubug

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 435 time(s) in 347 post(s)
I had to call pc to get my ds reactivated to my new pc when my old one died. I would suggest to contact via "chat" first as you might get through quicker.....good luck. Oh...I am using windows 7now...like you....I hate windows 8(too used to vista and windows 7and my son just reloaded the older one)as I don't have time to learn how to use it....lolLOL

Edited by user Monday, April 01, 2013 6:04:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified