Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

susanmccoard2c193e58 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:00:22 AM(UTC)
susanmccoard2c193e58

Groups: Registered

I keep seeing projects where people have cut 1 shape, and perfectly centered another shape to cut right out of the first.
Any tips to get this right?
Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:10:40 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 483 time(s) in 370 post(s)
Its probably layered to look like that.. What are you trying to cut?
Olivia'sNana Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:50:15 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 917 time(s) in 451 post(s)
it would have to be done using either design studio(doesn't work with all machines), cricut craft room or gypsy. I use ccr, so assuming you may be familiar with it and have used it before, you would first place the larger image on your virtual mat and get it sized like you want or input the default size first and then place the image. Then take you smaller, cutout image and place where you want it to cut out of the first, again size it like you want. As far as getting it centered, it is going to be eyeballing and moving it around using your keyboard arrows keys until it is where you want it. Click don't weld. when you choose don't weld, you will see the cutout image lines inside the outside image. adjust position if needed, then cut. Your cricut will cut the inset out of the outer image.

There is a crosshair in the center of every image that you will see when you place it on the virtual mat but because you only see it when the image is active, it doesn't help alot to line up with layers of images. You can use it as a visual guide and line it up with lines on your mat and then do the same thing with your inset image visually lining up the crosshair in the general same spot as the first image. I'm explaining this probably about as clear as mud.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:00:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:46:45 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)
I have used two mat layers to cut the same image in a different size.....you move them around by having both mat layers open (the green eyes lit up on both mat layers) and moving the image to the exact spot you want it to cut inside or outside the first image.

You CUT the first one, then without getting out of the CUT (going back out), merely arrow over to the next CUT you want to make (remember, you have moved the image exactly where you want it to cut out in relation to the first cut you already made), and hit CUT again.

Usually, when I do this, thought, I do use blue tape to place over the first images cutout since it would be easy for the paper to move when you're making the next cut. The blue tape stabilizes everything and seems to work pretty good for me.

Do any of the suggestions we've made here help you?

Char