Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

soldierwife075a4d0ca7a Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:47:46 AM(UTC)
soldierwife075a4d0ca7a

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My co-worker's computer refused to read her E2 machine. She went through the whole process of shipping hers back and getting another one to find the same Error 43 code in her device manager. What she ended up having to do is buy a USB port hub that plugs into the wall and then to her computer. She hooked the Cricut into the Hub and bam! it works like a charm! The issue was that her USB port was not putting out enough power to support the Cricut. If you are having trouble getting your computer to even read your machine I would try getting a USB hub and see it that could be your issue as well. Hope this information helps!

_Mary. C_

Edited by user Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:49:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked soldierwife075a4d0ca7a for this useful post.
PaperKrafter4Life on 3/31/2013(UTC), MammaJ_1518 on 4/2/2013(UTC), ScrapShot on 4/3/2014(UTC)
MammaJ_1518 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:05:19 PM(UTC)
MammaJ_1518

I need to try this! My computer won't recognize my E2 machine and it's so frustrating! I'm willing to try anything at this point. Does your friend happen to have a mac? I've allowed CCR Bridge and CCR to have access to my computer and set my settings to that programs outside of Apple can run on my machine, but no dice. Mad
ScrapShot Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 5:27:44 PM(UTC)
ScrapShot

I searched all over this forum, and even contacted Support and had a replacement machine sent to me, and it too had the same issue as the first machine. I came across your advice and so I dug out my old USB port hub yesterday and finally my E2 connected to my computer and I could use CCR with it.

So thank you for sharing this information because it worked.

Unfortunately, my E2 is not performing as I would expect, as the cut quality is very poor and is not as sharp (perfect) as my original Cricut machine cuts are. The cut quality improved some with the use of my Gypsy, and improved even more with the cartridge, but still the quality is not as good as my original Cricut machine.

I am regretting my E2 purchase Crying