Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Nips Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, April 05, 2013 11:41:29 PM(UTC)
Nips

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Has anyone noticed that you lose a 1/4" all around your mat because of the no cut area (yellow) on the craftroom mats?
So if you line the paper on the actual mat where the arrow is your cutting design is off.

I am trying to make a cut a 5.5" x 8.5"(a2)card, using the a Simple card from the free cuts. I am using 5.5" x 8.5" cardstock. When I line up the paper on the mat with the arrow it is off because the real mats don't have that no cut zone.

Yes I know that I should move my paper over and down 1/4" on the real mat to cut correctly. But it is very hard to get the paper straight without a guide lines.

Provo Craft needs to make the craftroom mats match the real cutting mats.

Edited by user Friday, April 05, 2013 11:49:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 2:57:46 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7905 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Whilst it's true that the real mats don't show the non-cutting area, the Cricuts have never been able to cut the full width of the mat. The CCR screen just indicates that.

I rarely place my cardstock in the corner (unless I'm using a full sheet of cardstock.) I generally place my cardstock at the 1" mark across and down and place the image on the CCR mat accordingly.

stephanieproctor1 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 9:50:54 AM(UTC)
stephanieproctor1

I have always been able to place my paper in the corner of the actual grid on the mat and cut as long as I was using a cartridge, BUT when i use the CCR I cannot line up my paper to get it right. You not only lose the 1/4 around the mat, you cannot line up your paper to match what the mat onscreen shows and get a correct cut. I misses every time. I have wasted 3 sheets of good cardstock trying to get it to cut a card where it says it should be cutting. I have moved the image and my cardstock and nothing works.
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 10:23:43 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Something must be up with your CCR. I generally use the 4 square method {yea, I just made that up} where I place images I want to cut from the same color in each of the 6 inch squares on the mat on the screen. Then I place that color paper on the actual mat and haven't had any problems. Huh
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 10:50:04 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Which is a little ridiculous, when you think about it, Scrapalette. At least, it is to me.

I have noticed ALL the mats in CCR are lined out differently than the actual mats we buy. ALL of them are different.

To me, ALL the mats should start the inches inside that 1/4" taken away from us! I mean, it is beyond frustrating to try to be frugal with your papers (especially when it is a paper you love and you're trying to get as much out of it as you can) and have to try to line them up right. We shouldn't have to "think"! LOL.

Well, I'm not trying to argue with you, of course. BUT, I find it very frustrating, myself, to try to line things up looking at my physical mat with the mat on the screen and laying out my papers. I do, many times, move those images over to the middle and/or center sections of the CCR mat, but they don't always line up the way I have thought them out. I admit it's probably my problem........but, I believe PC could make it a lot easier on those of us who struggle with this problem.

I have given FEEDBACK on this very issue a number of times. I have simply asked them to, in the future when they manufacture new mats, to take this in consideration and PRODUCE ALL THE MATS TO EXACTLY MATCH THE MATS IN CCR in relation to how they rule them and mark them. The two should be identical on ALL mats.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 10:53:14 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Nips Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone noticed that you lose a 1/4" all around your mat because of the no cut area (yellow) on the craftroom mats?
So if you line the paper on the actual mat where the arrow is your cutting design is off.

I am trying to make a cut a 5.5" x 8.5"(a2)card, using the a Simple card from the free cuts. I am using 5.5" x 8.5" cardstock. When I line up the paper on the mat with the arrow it is off because the real mats don't have that no cut zone.

Yes I know that I should move my paper over and down 1/4" on the real mat to cut correctly. But it is very hard to get the paper straight without a guide lines.

Provo Craft needs to make the craftroom mats match the real cutting mats.

Yes, I have noticed.

I encourage EVERYONE who agrees this is a nuisance to ASK ProvoCraft to make a simple change in how they line/mark their mats we buy on the market to put into our CRICUTS the SAME WAY they mark them in CCR. DO THE FEEDBACK in CCR. The more we ask them....I do believe they will listen. IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT HARD OF A CHANGE TO MAKE when producing new mats.

Char
Nips Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 12:54:50 PM(UTC)
Nips

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It might be easier for Provo Craft to change the Craftroom cutting mats rather than change the physical mat. Computer Code changes might cost less to rewrite than changing the production of the mats.
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:05:49 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Whichever is easiest! I'd go for the changes that make the more sense and JUST DO IT!

It would help everyone out....including PC's bottom line! It would make a lot of us happy with this problem, anyway.

I agree with your statement it would be easier for them to change CCR's software (all the mats in CCR) to match all the virtual mats that we place into our CRICUTS! I definitely don't know all the logistics, but what you say does make sense.

Char