Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

candmforever138aa1be5 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 10:21:40 AM(UTC)
candmforever138aa1be5

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Man, I wish I'd found this forum before I bought my E2. I've had it 4 days and while it works fine (except for some major paper issues mentioned in another part of the forum), from what I've read here, I think I'd rather have the regular Expressions. I'm really debating calling the place I ordered it from online and seeing if I can exchange them. I don't see where the E2 can do anything more than the E and I keep having to really squint to see the screen. I think I'd like the front set up of the reg E better and might have a better time of it without a full screen-only setup. Plus I keep hearing rave reviews about what a workhorse the E is and so-so comments about the E2. I'm still undecided. Anybody with experience with both?
RobinPineo1 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 11:29:35 AM(UTC)
RobinPineo1

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Actually right now my e2 is on the shelf and my e is hooked up ready to use. I have a gypsy and can do the same thing with that on the e that can be done on the e2. I am thinking of bringing down the e2 and working with that again. I just sold my baby bug but I will not get rid of either e machine. Just in case.Crying
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 11:32:40 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8270 time(s) in 4872 post(s)
There have been many users come on here (amid problems from others) who absolutely LOVE their E2s!! I think it is definitely a matter of choice, though. I never bought one because I didn't think I would like all the touch effects on it......I'm okay with buttons and I did already have an Expression that was serving me to the max.

You might be able to do a trade with the place you bought your machine from; it can't hurt to try. You have a legitimate reason....with not being able to see the screen. They may do this as an even trade; I wouldn't expect them to refund anything if the E2 cost more than an Expression at the same business. I think the E2s cost more. If the Expression costs more, then you would be more than willing to pay for it....well, you would have to! LOL.

It will be interesting to see your outcome.

Char
Sherri Kay Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 2:24:40 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2430 time(s) in 2177 post(s)
I love my E2. As a matter of fact, I just sold my E to my niece this morning! Mine works with my Gypsy and with CCR. Never a problem with it. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!!Huh )
chellabella Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 3:01:09 PM(UTC)
chellabella

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 173 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sherri Kay Go to Quoted Post
I love my E2. As a matter of fact, I just sold my E to my niece this morning! Mine works with my Gypsy and with CCR. Never a problem with it. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!!Huh )

Ditto!Smile

{except I sold my E to a friend a month ago, after holding on to it for a year, just in case}

~Angela
candmforever138aa1be5 Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 7:59:00 PM(UTC)
candmforever138aa1be5

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks ladies. I figured it was a matter of preference lol I had a better time with the the E2 today and I had already linked a couple carts, so I will likely just keep it. The price is within $5 difference for the switch. I figured out that part of my dissatisfaction might have been from a bum mat that came with the machine. I went and bought more mats today and had a much more successful cuts and got a little more used the way this machine functions. :)
 1 user thanked candmforever138aa1be5 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/9/2013(UTC)
MarleneO Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 3:49:04 AM(UTC)
MarleneO

United States

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 80 post(s)
I have 2 E's, an Imagine, an an E2 - I HATE the E2! Give me the E anyday of the week! I love my Imagine for what it can do too, but the fact that they are not making anymore Imagine carts is upsetting. I would really like to sell the E2, I hardly ever used it, but I wouldn't know where to begin and certainly wouldn't want to ship it anywhere.