Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jstanistreeteb05226a Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 10:26:32 AM(UTC)
jstanistreeteb05226a

Groups: Registered

Alright this may be a simple thing, but I can't figure it out. I just purchased 4 items from the cricut shop, two digital cartridges and two images, and I cannot seem to figure out how the heck to get them on my Cricut! How do I do this??????? Please help, just bought this and I am soooo lost.Blushing
sportykidsbug Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 11:15:56 AM(UTC)
sportykidsbug

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 51 post(s)
The images don't actually "go" onto your Cricut. They are on your computer's hard drive. When your Cricut is connected to your computer you will be able to use and the images in the Cricut Craft Room and cut on your Cricut. You cannot use your Cricut as a stand alone like you can with an actual cartridge.

I can't speak to using a digital cartridge with a gypsy or design studio because I don't use either of those.

I hope this helps a bit.
Sherri Kay Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 2:15:38 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2381 time(s) in 2134 post(s)
Go to the Cricut Craft Room and the items you bought should be under My Cartridges. If you have a Gypsy, you can sync your Gypsy and they will be on there too. Have fun!BigGrin
jojoy Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 2:15:56 PM(UTC)
jojoy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 12190 time(s) in 3865 post(s)
If you have a Gypsy, you need to Snyc your Gypsy once you have bought a digital image. You will then have access to the digital image(s). The exception would be a brand new release. The Gypsy library will not be updated until at least the 3rd Thursday after the release. I have read that if it is a single image, you cannot use it on your Gypsy. However, I have been able to use the CCR Exclusives, the ones that have several images on them. I hope this helps!

JoJoy
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:01:06 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18943 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sportykidsbug Go to Quoted Post
The images don't actually "go" onto your Cricut. They are on your computer's hard drive. When your Cricut is connected to your computer you will be able to use and the images in the Cricut Craft Room and cut on your Cricut. You cannot use your Cricut as a stand alone like you can with an actual cartridge.

I can't speak to using a digital cartridge with a gypsy or design studio because I don't use either of those.

I hope this helps a bit.

The images aren't on your computer at all. They are stored in your cricut.com account and only accessible through CCR {or sometimes on a Gypsy, if you have one}.
sportykidsbug Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:55:44 AM(UTC)
sportykidsbug

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
The images aren't on your computer at all. They are stored in your cricut.com account and only accessible through CCR {or sometimes on a Gypsy, if you have one}.

Wow! Sorry for the incorrect info Jstan. I stand corrected. This makes me skeptical about purchasing a digital image then. If something happens to the accessibility to the CCR then you can't access images that you've rightfully purchased. IMO once you purchase a digital image or cartridge from CCR it should be available for the customer to download to their computer and also through CCR.
scrapalette Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2013 11:36:36 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18943 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
While being able to download the image(s) to your computer would mean you always have access to them, the only program they work with is CCR so you still need access to CCR (whether the images are downloaded to your computer or not) to use them.

And with most digital purchases whether from PC or elsewhere, the images are for your personal use (although PC has a generous Angel Policy). You can't sell them or loan them or share them. Some of the sites that sell cutter images even require you to buy a commercial license if you plan to use just one image on one project you plan to sell. And, a separate commercial license is needed for each image. Blink
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
CricutMallie on 4/9/2013(UTC)