Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Buggsy Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 11:22:57 AM(UTC)
Buggsy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Where are all of my creative high school teachers? I use my cricut for all kinds of things in my classroom, bulletin boards, time lines, posters. How come there is a general decline in the creativeness of classroom decorations when you get to high school. My students love the brightness that my boards and decorations bring to the room. I sure hope there are more of you out there. Leave me a line so I don't think I'm all by myself.
 1 user thanked Buggsy for this useful post.
MrsHSHistoryTeach on 12/27/2012(UTC)
Alison Korecki Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:14:33 PM(UTC)
Alison Korecki

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I wonder if people are maybe creative but feel as if their students won't want anything "cutsy". I love your pics of your classroom... very cool! and really... your ideas could be great for any classroom (I actually have a nature theme going like you too... and I teach grade 2). I have promised to help with some highschool buletin boards so I'll keep you posted on those!
LCCrafts Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:02:24 AM(UTC)
LCCrafts

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 157 post(s)
I am a teachers aide in HS and I use my cricut to make things for the wall for my teacher.
JacquelynRaila Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:08:01 AM(UTC)
JacquelynRaila

It was one of my students who got me interested in Cricut! As far as decorating classrooms...does it have anything to do with TESTING? If it doesn't it's of no value in my school. I am using it to create a Shakespeare Festival scrapbook. I also have MANY picutres from previous years and will now trun them all into a memory scrapbook - should be fun when the graduates come back to visit!
Jacque
ConstanceShortel Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:02:26 PM(UTC)
ConstanceShortel

Was thanked: 1199 time(s) in 859 post(s)
Alison Korecki wrote:
I wonder if people are maybe creative but feel as if their students won't want anything "cutsy". I love your pics of your classroom... very cool! and really... your ideas could be great for any classroom (I actually have a nature theme going like you too... and I teach grade 2). I have promised to help with some highschool buletin boards so I'll keep you posted on those!

I'll tell you when my daughter was a senior in high school (that was 2 years ago) their AP English teacher gave them stickers for good work just like they do in Kindergarten, and the kids fought over those stickers. They still like it, even if they pretend they don't. And you teachers have to sit in that room all day, don't you want it to be pleasant?
sdoss44ce2f2545 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 7:54:50 AM(UTC)
sdoss44ce2f2545

I am a high school Technology teacher and I really want to utilize my cricut in the classroom. I would love to see pictures or ideas for classroom decoration! BigGrin
MrsHSHistoryTeach Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:29:51 AM(UTC)
MrsHSHistoryTeach

Originally Posted by: Buggsy Go to Quoted Post
Where are all of my creative high school teachers? I use my cricut for all kinds of things in my classroom, bulletin boards, time lines, posters. How come there is a general decline in the creativeness of classroom decorations when you get to high school. My students love the brightness that my boards and decorations bring to the room. I sure hope there are more of you out there. Leave me a line so I don't think I'm all by myself.

You're not all by yourself, however, it seems like Cricut doesn't make too much to help out high school history teachers. I just need ideas (which is why I logged onto this board in the first place). But Timelines are a great idea! Any other ideas you could share?