Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

GypsyBoricua Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:48:23 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 409 post(s)
I am making the invites to my daughters Baby Shower. I new the mini would do the intricate cuts better than my E, so I decided to use it with CCr.

I am making 20 invites and i need 20 storks with the curly tails and this is why I need to use the mini. Those darn tails, but cute as could be. I put 5 storks on the mat and plan on using 5 cardstock sheets. The first and second sheets come out perfect. I always clean the cutter after two runs, so I did so this time. Guess what, the 3rd does not come out perfect. I throw those out, I am getting frustrated. Decide I need a break, shut off the mini and don't come back for 10 - 15 mintues. Start cutting again, 1st sheet perfect, 2nd sheet junky. And it continues this way until I finally get 20 storks.

If my E could do those tails perfectly, I wouldn't even bother. But what happens in CCR that it does not work correctly after the first or second time.

THIS IS WHY I HATE CCR. IT IS SO UNSTABLE!!
 1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
Cali's Scrappin' Oma on 4/12/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:09:48 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
I NEVER have that problem. I don't understand why some do.

Do you clean your mat off EVERY time you use it?

Just wondering.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 4/12/2013(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 7:22:46 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I NEVER have that problem. I don't understand why some do.

Do you clean your mat off EVERY time you use it?

Just wondering.

Char

They were new mats. Again, it is CCR that is the issue, not anything else I use, not even the machine. I am glad it works for you, but it does not for me. If you want to try doing what I did. Place a 3 - 4 inch image on your mat and place as many of the same image as you can on the mat. Then try cutting out about 5 - 6 sheets of the same thing consecutively. Let's see if you have the same problem.
CricketCMV on 4/12/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 11:26:53 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
They were new mats. Again, it is CCR that is the issue, not anything else I use, not even the machine. I am glad it works for you, but it does not for me. If you want to try doing what I did. Place a 3 - 4 inch image on your mat and place as many of the same image as you can on the mat. Then try cutting out about 5 - 6 sheets of the same thing consecutively. Let's see if you have the same problem.

Well......I hate to do this just for doing it....let me think about this for a minute or two! LOL. I might come up with something.

What exact image were you cutting out and on what cartridge? Maybe there is something wrong with that particular cartridge (don't think this is your problem, though, because it seems you have probably had the problems at various times using other cartridges, right?).

I only have an Expression and a MINI.......what machine are you using, Gypsy?

IT IS TRUE, Gypsy....that I have never tried to cut out the very SAME multiple image on a page and/or additional pages. So, maybe that is an issue for everyone?

IS THERE ANYONE OUT HERE who has cut multiple cuts on the same mat and followed the cuts on more pages all in the same time-period?

Char

Edited by user Friday, April 12, 2013 11:29:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GypsyBoricua Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 2:29:49 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

I was using the Mini and CCR. I don't have a gypsy. These eyes are too old for a gypsy.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 6:59:00 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Gypsy....please share with us what actual CUTS you were trying to do. I would rather try those same cuts at the exact same size you were trying them if I am going to do this. ALSO, what kind of paper are you using? That could definitely be an issue.

There are times I use certain papers that just WON'T cut anything...and, I think I had that happen on my MINI when I was making Christmas Cards. Most of the time we're intent on using the paper we want to use (rightfully so, we're trying to coordinate and match what we're doing) and we get a little stubborn and frustrated because we can't cut what we want. I admittedly have those issues myself from time-to-time. BUT, I figure it can't ALL be perfect. Maybe sometimes I come across like it's ALL perfect. It's not. I have some frustrations here and there when I'm trying to do certain things. But, not so much it bothers me. I work around the problems and go on. I know many of you cannot do this because you're having more problems than I seem to have.

Thanks.

Char

Edited by user Friday, April 12, 2013 7:02:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GypsyBoricua Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 9:09:00 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Char,

I know you really want to figure this out, but it really is CCR and not my paper or the cartridge or my computer of my anti-virus, etc.

The image is the stork on Holiday Cakes. I know it is not the paper because the first sheet will cut out just fine. The second sheet cut out okay as well. It was the third sheet that the cuts went wrong. Then after shutting it down and restarting everything, the next sheet is fine, but the one after that is not.

If it were the paper, then shutting down CCR and my mini should not make any difference. But it did make a difference. It is like it re-set itself with each shutdown and restart of the program.

Yes, I cleaned the blade between sheets, always do that, even with Design Studio.

I want to thank you for at least listening to me about this. That is very generous of your time.

CricketCMV on 4/13/2013(UTC)
melodylanedesigns Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 9:19:23 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1947 time(s) in 959 post(s)
I have never cleaned my blade. I have cut out multiple images on a mat and cut out many times and have never had a problem. I had to cut out 60 baby shoes and added flowers to all the empty spaces to not waste 12x12 paper and cut it 20 times with 3 baby shoes on one page. It's always cut good unless I had to change the blade.
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 9:22:20 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1947 time(s) in 959 post(s)
I did mine with ccr and my e2
GypsyBoricua Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 10:26:32 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
I have never cleaned my blade. I have cut out multiple images on a mat and cut out many times and have never had a problem. I had to cut out 60 baby shoes and added flowers to all the empty spaces to not waste 12x12 paper and cut it 20 times with 3 baby shoes on one page. It's always cut good unless I had to change the blade.

I am very happy for you, but I am not lying. I tried to cut out 3 inch storks from holiday cakes cart, 6 per sheet, 5 sheets. That's it. I very rarely use my Mini because I always have issues with CCR. I decided to use the Mini because of the intricate cut on the tail of the stork and I knew the Mini would cut it better than my E. And as far as cleaning the blade, by that I mean I make sure there are no remnants of paper or paper dust that sometimes get caught in there. I wanted to give CCR the opportunity to do things right, with no mistakes that I may make.

You know, you may not have meant it this way, but your tone has come accross to me as if you are implying that I am lying. I am just stating the issues I have with CCR and I am not the only one that has issues with CCR.
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:28:43 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Char,

I know you really want to figure this out, but it really is CCR and not my paper or the cartridge or my computer of my anti-virus, etc.

The image is the stork on Holiday Cakes. I know it is not the paper because the first sheet will cut out just fine. The second sheet cut out okay as well. It was the third sheet that the cuts went wrong. Then after shutting it down and restarting everything, the next sheet is fine, but the one after that is not.

If it were the paper, then shutting down CCR and my mini should not make any difference. But it did make a difference. It is like it re-set itself with each shutdown and restart of the program.

Yes, I cleaned the blade between sheets, always do that, even with Design Studio.

I want to thank you for at least listening to me about this. That is very generous of your time.

Gypsy.....let me ask you this. Is there any possibility that you made a little change on the stork and FORGOT to go up to SAVE. Cricut only SAVES automatically about every seven or nine minutes, if I remember correctly. I mean, what I'm seeing here is that maybe you made a little change and immediately went to CUT a couple out......went out of CCR to go to the kitchen to do something, came back, got back in CCR and hit CUT within the timeframe and before YOU or CCR saved your changes for you and it reverted back to the image before you SAVED your work. A SHOT IN THE DARK, I KNOW!

Yes, I like detective work....even if it's annoying to others. LOL. But, if I'm annoying you, just say so. It doesn't sound like I am. Just trying to figure it out....because I'm not convinced it's PC's fault. I don't have the problems. So, I'm trying to figure it out with you.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:32:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:30:06 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
I did mine with ccr and my e2

WOW! With your E2......I AM IMPRESSED!! - Char
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:33:34 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

GYPSY - Has there EVER been a time you could cut multiple images on your MINI without any problems? Or, have you ever tried this in the past? Or, is this the first time you've had problems like this?

Oh, and I'm not suggesting you're lying. I believe you ARE having a problem. Just trying to help with the problem.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:34:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:40:55 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I am very happy for you, but I am not lying. I tried to cut out 3 inch storks from holiday cakes cart, 6 per sheet, 5 sheets. That's it. I very rarely use my Mini because I always have issues with CCR. I decided to use the Mini because of the intricate cut on the tail of the stork and I knew the Mini would cut it better than my E. And as far as cleaning the blade, by that I mean I make sure there are no remnants of paper or paper dust that sometimes get caught in there. I wanted to give CCR the opportunity to do things right, with no mistakes that I may make.

You know, you may not have meant it this way, but your tone has come accross to me as if you are implying that I am lying. I am just stating the issues I have with CCR and I am not the only one that has issues with CCR.

Oh, no, Gypsy. Please....I'm not implying you are lying...I didn't know you stated this in your post before I wrote the other post. PLEASE, don't think that. I'm only trying to help. (Oh, I just went back to your post and see you were talking to Melody....I don't think she was implying you're lying, either; but, I'll let her say that. She's just trying to point out that she doesn't have those kinds of problems, either! Please come back to say that, Melody)!

BUT, when some of us don't have the issues, it's only right that we try to help you figure it out. You have a right to feel PC is at fault here. I mean, that's as easy to think as anything else and you might be right. I just don't know how some of us don't have the problems and others have serious problems. So, from our perspective, we don't see that PC is at fault. KWIM?

OKAY, I'm going to try to cut out a bunch of storks today....not right now, it's too early! LOL. I don't start cutting before 9:00AM! LOL. I got woke up with a family problem around 5:00am this morning....not my usual way to wake up. It was with my sister's son, so I had to wake her up out of bed. Our son had called us from Florida. SO, it was a very tearful start to the day. Thankfully, everything is okay with my nephew for now; just saying lots of prayers for him. He is an adult and just got started out in life on the wrong side and continues there. I love him and just feel so sad for him and how he chose to live his life.

WHAT KIND OF PAPER ARE YOU USING? Soft/cardstock/etc.?

I'll come back.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:44:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GypsyBoricua Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:04:31 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Oh, no, Gypsy. Please....I'm not implying you are lying...I didn't know you stated this in your post before I wrote the other post. PLEASE, don't think that. I'm only trying to help. (Oh, I just went back to your post and see you were talking to Melody....I don't think she was implying you're lying, either; but, I'll let her say that. She's just trying to point out that she doesn't have those kinds of problems, either! Please come back to say that, Melody)!

BUT, when some of us don't have the issues, it's only right that we try to help you figure it out. You have a right to feel PC is at fault here. I mean, that's as easy to think as anything else and you might be right. I just don't know how some of us don't have the problems and others have serious problems. So, from our perspective, we don't see that PC is at fault. KWIM?

OKAY, I'm going to try to cut out a bunch of storks today....not right now, it's too early! LOL. I don't start cutting before 9:00AM! LOL. I got woke up with a family problem around 5:00am this morning....not my usual way to wake up. It was with my sister's son, so I had to wake her up out of bed. Our son had called us from Florida. SO, it was a very tearful start to the day. Thankfully, everything is okay with my nephew for now; just saying lots of prayers for him. He is an adult and just got started out in life on the wrong side and continues there. I love him and just feel so sad for him and how he chose to live his life.

WHAT KIND OF PAPER ARE YOU USING? Soft/cardstock/etc.?

I'll come back.

Char

Char,

That comment was not meant for you. I was quoting what melodylanedesigns wrote. She responded as well.

The paper I was using was from Michael's the 5 packs for $10 sale. I had just bought it the day before. I had everything set for medium cardstock. I did not change the design of the storks at all. They were for 20 babyshower invitations, so they all needed to be the same. Again, I do not think it was the paper as all the sheets would have given me problems. And the problems stopped once I shut down CCR and the Mini and started everything up again. So it cannot be the paper.

I really wanted this to work as I know that the Mini cuts the intricate images much better than the E. In other words, I really like the way the Mini cuts and would use it more if I didn't have to use CCR.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:11:02 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

I was so worry that you thought I said you thought I was lying I didn't read your whole post. I am so sorry for any family problems you are having. I also have one son who is not living life as he should, and the decisions he has made are not good. So, believe me, I know how heartbreaking that is and the worry that a mother goes through. Trust in the Lord! I pray everyday for my son to see the light. I will pray for your family as well. I apologize for not reading your post in its entirety right away.
deleted Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:56:23 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Can the "packet size" be adjusted in the CCR software?

I am going off of something that is from the "other brand" machine that starts with a S - but I know there are some similarities in all softwares.

With the "other brand" - you can go into the settings of the software and reduce the packet size (this is the amount of data that the computer is sending to the machine at one time) I think the default was something like 2000-3000. Once the packet size was set down to 500 - all the cutting issues where cleared up. Clean cuts every time - on the teeny-tiniest cuts.

Not everyone was affected by the larger packet size - but those who had issues with getting clean cuts found that reducing it made all the cutting problems go away.

Hope this can help in some way.
 1 user thanked deleted for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 4/13/2013(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:16:51 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
Snapish, that's a good point. Maybe it needs more RAM dedicated to it.

I was wandering if you have a defective blade housing Gypsy. Do you think the blade is not secure and moves around a tiny bit at a time until you get to the point of the bad cuts?

My other thought was maybe you have a defective power cord. Could that be over heating and causing problems?

For the most part, my mini works really well, but I have experienced wonky cuts, right out of the gate, sometimes it will not completely cut a rectangle or square, and that is using the Gypsy and not CCR.

Anyway, so sorry you are having to spend so much time trying to get it figured out and less time creating. When you get it done, you'll need to post a picture because now I am really intrigued by your description of the invite....I think you said invite.

Mary
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
deleted Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:53:21 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Quote:
Maybe it needs more RAM dedicated to it.

I am thinking this could be the issue for many. From my experience in photo and video editing with my old computer - the lack of sufficient RAM really caused issues.

When I bought my new computer - I spent the money to get the most I could get at that time.

Before - with my old computer - when I was having issues, I would go into Task Manager and manually shut down everything that was not essential for the computer or the software that I was using to run.

There are so many processes running in the background that do not need to be - printers, updaters, etc.

If in doubt about shutting down a process - google it. See if it is essential to the running of your computer. If not - shut it down. It won't remove it - just disables it until you physically start the application.

1 user thanked deleted for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:29:53 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

I want to thank you ladies for trying to figure out what went wrong. I've only had my laptop for about a year, so there should be plenty of RAM on it. I will trying disabling some processes the next time.

As far as the invite, I'm an old hippie at heart, so I love bright colors. I purchased the K&Company double-sided cardstock by Brenda Walton and used the Creative Cards catridge, scalloped edged one, for the cards themselves. I have this thing about the inside of the card just being plain white, so hence double-sided card stock. The "For, When, Where" portion is a layer that goes on the inside of the card and I printed that information on matching the inside color cardstock using my laser printer and using matching color foil and my YourStory laminator to change the toner color from black to whatever color foil I was using to match. So on the lime green layer I used dark green foil. It gives the lettering sort of a iridescent sheen and shimmer.

The stork comes from Holiday Cakes and the "Baby Shower with Umbrella" comes from Nursery Rhymes cart and I cut those out using Design Studio. Those I ran through my X-ryon sticker maker (I have all the sizes) upside-down to put the glitter on and then once the glitter was on I ran it through right-side up so I could stick them to the card.

Each card is different, the embellishments are the same on all the cards, the what is different are the cards base themselves and the colors of the inside layer and glitter.

I would love to post at least one, but everytime I try to post, it won't let me.

Again, thanks for all your help.
MaryStillman Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 12:29:53 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

I want to thank you ladies for trying to figure out what went wrong. I've only had my laptop for about a year, so there should be plenty of RAM on it. I will trying disabling some processes the next time.

As far as the invite, I'm an old hippie at heart, so I love bright colors. I purchased the K&Company double-sided cardstock by Brenda Walton and used the Creative Cards catridge, scalloped edged one, for the cards themselves. I have this thing about the inside of the card just being plain white, so hence double-sided card stock. The "For, When, Where" portion is a layer that goes on the inside of the card and I printed that information on matching the inside color cardstock using my laser printer and using matching color foil and my YourStory laminator to change the toner color from black to whatever color foil I was using to match. So on the lime green layer I used dark green foil. It gives the lettering sort of a iridescent sheen and shimmer.

The stork comes from Holiday Cakes and the "Baby Shower with Umbrella" comes from Nursery Rhymes cart and I cut those out using Design Studio. Those I ran through my X-ryon sticker maker (I have all the sizes) upside-down to put the glitter on and then once the glitter was on I ran it through right-side up so I could stick them to the card.

Each card is different, the embellishments are the same on all the cards, the what is different are the cards base themselves and the colors of the inside layer and glitter.

I would love to post at least one, but everytime I try to post, it won't let me.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Wow! What a keepsake for your daughter. You have the creative mind I wish I had! Sounds like you can pull resources from several different places and create something really unique.

I hope you can post a picture, or maybe have someone do it on pintrist and do a link to it.

Hope it all goes well!

Mary
CricketCMV Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:30:18 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I was so worry that you thought I said you thought I was lying I didn't read your whole post. I am so sorry for any family problems you are having. I also have one son who is not living life as he should, and the decisions he has made are not good. So, believe me, I know how heartbreaking that is and the worry that a mother goes through. Trust in the Lord! I pray everyday for my son to see the light. I will pray for your family as well. I apologize for not reading your post in its entirety right away.

Gypsy - That's so sweet of you to pray for our family; my nephew has just been in a bad place most of his adult life. My sis and DBIL have tried to help along the way....maybe too much....but, it's hard for them to know how to help him when they (we) have never been confronted with such problems or put ourselves in the places he has put himself into. There's no way to help him because he doesn't think he needs help. It breaks my heart for my sis, because I know how much her heart has been broken over the years (and, we also know my newphew's heart is breaking almost all the time, too....he just doesn't realize why or that it even is!) Sorry you go through this with your son, too! I'll also throw up some prayers for you.

No worries, really, about the "lying" part. I didn't think you were lying and I don't think Melody thought you were, either.

I have been gone most of the day; hence, the late post!

Thanks, Gypsy!

I LOVE THAT OTHERS HAVE CHIMED IN HERE, too, to try to help you. There are a lot of things to think about....and only by luck for some of us, everything works pretty good most of the time. I don't know how we're so lucky.....but, I do think there are just some commonalities we should all be able to find to help everyone else. Doesn't look like it works too good a lot of times, though.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:37:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dragonfly50 Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:49:23 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
CCR works for me most of the time but there are times where it acts up.

Whenever CCR has freebies of carts or cuts I do not have I set up pages with as much as will fit on it to not waste paper.

The most recent is Easter 2010.
I put lots of different sizes of the same flower cut on one page and cut them out using multiple colors.

Most of the time it works fine BUT there has been times when it does not cut properly.

I've had it not cut through part of the cuts on the page. It cuts some cuts and scores some of the others.

My main issue with CCR is that it does not always cut the cuts where they are on the virtual mat.

It can be off by 1/4 of an inch sometimes and the next time I cut it is back to where the virtual mat says the cuts are.
I always make sure my mat is snug up against the guide so it goes in correctly into the machine.

It is really unfortunate that CCR is so hit and miss for so many people.
Some people have no problems, some people have nothing but problems and then some are like me where the problems come and go.

I personally love using CCR. For me the pros far outway the cons.

I hope you guys can get it to work for you because it really is a nice tool.

D-

Edited by user Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:51:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/14/2013(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:11:23 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

I think CCR is a great tool also, and would use it for cutting if it was a stand alone desktop program, like Silhoutte Studio, which only connects to the internet to shop their on-line store, and then downloads the purchases to your computer. That way you do not need to be connected to the internet to cut.

I'm guessing making the program stand alone desktop would eliminate a lot of the problems that are being experienced by so many of us.

JMHO

Mary